Eco Friends discussion

Corn Oil

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Kaitie♥ (HoodiesGirl) | 1516 comments Mod
Okay so, people are starting to come up with corn oil.
What do you think of it?
They use it for gas, it's more expensive, it's supposedly more enviromentlly friendly.

message 2: by Sarah (last edited Jan 21, 2009 01:59PM) (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) no because power from food is a no no!!!People in foreign countries are STARVING!!!!Then we use up food for GAS!!!!Please.....Plus that uses up farm space for OUR food!!!!People in USA are starving too!!Katrina,poor,etc!!These people are HUNGREY!!Lets use something that will never go away like.......SOLAR ENERGY!!

message 3: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Yah, I hate to agree with what Bush said, "Well, we got to have some to eat." Plus its not just corn as a whole. A LOT of stuff in what we eat has something made from corn in it. That brings up food prices. So I say no.

Electrical energy from wind and solar is what we need to do.

message 4: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Ya definately
It's really not good since like Max said, some people are starving! We're GROWING specific corn to produce GAS.
It would be great if everybody could get electric cars and use solar energy, but that would be realllllly expensive for every family.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) Yup I have to agree with Voilet and Kaitie!!

message 6: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Again you spelled my name wrong.

Well it wouldn't be expensive if we make electric engry cheap. Which the gov could do.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) whoops!!!!!

well they would have to make electric energy in a cheap way Violet.I spelled your name right!!!!

message 8: by Kaitie♥ (last edited Jan 22, 2009 05:18PM) (new)

Yay! You spelled my name right
:) My name is spelled sorta weird

Ya good point. Or else,we would soon lose money to make more. It would be like, the goverment makes them (not very cheap) and sells them cheap. The goverment loses a lot of money!

message 9: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Well, there doing that to the corn fuel people. They're making it cheaper then it really should be. If the gov didn't do that corn fuel would cost more then gas.

message 10: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Ya
....Right now, doesn't it cost more thhan gas?

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) but corn oil is a no no!!Solar,Mular,and Electric are better ideas!!

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) and I think so

message 13: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) That's what I'm saying. But the gov gave it like tax breaks because it is "eco-friendly" and that's why they can sell it cheaper than gas.

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) oh yeah because corn syrup is REALLY cheap right now.

message 15: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Wait, aren't they selling gas cheapner now because people haven't been buyingit?

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) uh no because they struck oil.A LOT of it!!LOL

message 17: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Really?
Well that too!
:)

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) LOL

message 19: by Kaitie♥ (new)

message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) cool

message 21: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Yah, your right Kaitie. Demade has gone down. But it's also this crapy economy that is keeping the gas prices down. People has less money to spent, so they don't go out, so they don't use gas, so the gas prices go down or stay down.

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) yeah

message 23: by Kaitie♥ (new)

It might also mean that some people are actually realizing what's Happening about Global Warming!
And are actually being smart!....HOpefully they are!

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) yeah

message 25: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Maybe and maybe not. Some people have a hard time really looking at the big picture unless something big happens. You have to have an earthquake to make earthquake safe buildings. You have to have a flood to build levys. That's just how the gov works. They only work on a problem until it gets really really really bad. Human's don't like change.

message 26: by Kaitie♥ (new)

I know
It's soooooooooooooo annoying!

message 27: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Have you seen the movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still"?

message 28: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) nope

message 29: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Okay basically this alien comes (the gov of course is freaking out) with his robot. The alien ascapes the gov and walk among the humans as one. Blah, blah, blah. Anyway he says that he's going to kill off the humans because we are distroing the planet. His robot turns into eatting tiny robot things/bugs. Blah, blah, blah. But the women that helps him escape the gov says that humans can change. They change at the peak of destuction and hopelessness.

Anyway thats baically what I'm saying. I doubt that an alien will be the cause for this change but you know what I mean.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

i agree with you, Violet.

message 31: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) me too

message 32: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Ya, ditto
Have you guys seen Walle-E?
It's the best animated green movie ever!

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) I know!!Wall-e is so cute!!Plus it is about being green!!

message 34: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) I really really really love that movie!! I mean it brings up the problem of trash. What are we going to do about our trash?? I mean right now we are all worried about global warming but after we fix it (if we fix it) what are we going to do about our trash?

message 35: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) burn it!!

message 36: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) But that creates more green house gases......

message 37: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) right plus comment 35 was a joke

message 38: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Lol
It's an amazing movie!
I was curious though, if we through it all out in space, and we wanted to clean it up after a while, how would we get rid of it?

message 39: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) I don't know

message 40: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Turn it to fuel. That's the most sensable thing to do.

message 41: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) right thats a good idea

message 42: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) There's one plant somewhere that is doing this. But it's just to test it out.

message 43: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Oh nice
That is a good idea!

message 44: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) yeah!!

message 45: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Totally! I just wish that those kind of plants would be everywhere! But no.......I live in a COAL plant run city!!! COAL PLANT!!!! There's no such thing as "ceal coal." I hate coal.

message 46: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) coal is stupid

message 47: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) I hate it...... And this is supposed to be a GREEN city. Stupid coal......

message 48: by Sarah (last edited Jan 28, 2009 03:05PM) (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) VERY stupid coal

message 49: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Totally, but right now the cities don't have enough money to swich out of coal plants and to sun or wind power plants. Stupid money. It always gets in the way.

message 50: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Ecccccccccch
Coallllllll

« previous 1