Curie World Lit: Only The BEST discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Inaugeration

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ms. R (last edited Jan 21, 2009 07:45AM) (new)

Ms. R | 58 comments Mod
Today is a historical day in American history. Placing aside our political affiliations, we were asked, as Americans, to come together under our new leader.

Many say that this time of change has long been called for. Others say that the standards set for now President Obama are entirely too high for him to ever live up to. What are your thoughts? How does it feel to be a young American during this electric time in American history. Have you caught the "Obama bug?" Do you believe in our President's battle cry. Can we?

**Please respond in a well formed paragraph. Remember this is a formal writing assignment.

message 2: by William (new)

William | 5 comments I personally am very greatful and proud to be apart of this historical point in time. I feel that President Obama's standard are not to high at all. I feel that he has already done the impossible, so there isn't anything he can't set his mind on an make it happen. Some people didn't want to see Obama become our first African American President, but those wasn't his thoughts. He felt that he has already come so far in life why give up now, thats why i firmly believe there isn't anything that cant be done if a person decides they want to do it.

message 3: by Marekjavorek (new)

Marekjavorek | 16 comments I'm also gratefull for being a part of this historical event. I'm amazed that we as people have come this far as to having a AF president but overall he is promising a big change for alAmedica so we will see how it will turn out.During his speech yesterday he mentioned a lot.of good points regarding the economy and the protection of out planet global warming.He wants to get away from using renewable resources and he wants to make laws which will endorse the environmental protection act. Increase jobs and GDP of our people and our nation.So overall this president is what America needed hopefully he will live up to his promises.

message 4: by Bruce (last edited Jan 21, 2009 09:37AM) (new)

Bruce Flozak | 4 comments Well as a young american I feel President Obama will be a very good president. I was able to vote this year, and I voted for Obama. Why? I just see Obama as a fellow American who has went through hardship like everyone else. He understands the problems of the young and the old. His speeches are very intellectual, and he's the only president I've seen swim in the ocean, play pick up game basketball with a college basketball team, and have young children. To me Obama is what we need in the United States, someone that people can look up to, and someone that can strive people to be what they want to be.

message 5: by Mahalia (new)

Mahalia | 6 comments It amazes me that we have a black president, it came out of know where. I use to here my elderly family say that there wouldn't be a black president in their life time, I to thought the same way. As a young American I feel America is finally releasing alot of thier hatred, and becoming more succeptible to other things. Barack is a very decent person who seens to be loving caring and very driven. But people are expecting to much out of him. I believe he will do ao good job but I know he's not going to fix all of our problems.It will take alot of people and alot of time to repolish America.

message 6: by Quitnin (last edited Feb 13, 2009 08:03PM) (new)

Quitnin | 7 comments PRESIDENT OBAMA his name should be capitalize when you write. The fact racism has been a problem everywhere in world, and people use it to determine what type of job.. life style.. PRESIDENT OBAMA is absolitly ready to step to the plate as president, the experience and trust of the people is extraordinary, but I think that he need time to make change and everybodies in a hurry.

message 7: by Joe (new)

Joe | 7 comments After Barack Obama won the democratic nomination I immediately thought that he would win the presidency. I have the utmost confidence in President Obama's decision making. His compelling speaches always catch my attention, and his tone and speaking style demands focus from people,but this is the world of politics so I don't immediately get my hopes up on politicians. Seeing a black man win the presidency has made me feel proud to be a young black man. This is still a very shocking moment to me because I thought that I would never see a black person become president. I know Barack will do everything in his power to help fix America's problems,BUT I hope people don't think he will solve EVERYTHING. He is not superhuman and cannot solve everyone's issues. I believe America should stand behind our president and have faith in the decisions he makes.

message 8: by Beah (new)

Beah | 11 comments i seriously think that obama is change by being the first black president but i don't think that he is going to fix this economy up. this world is too corrupt at this point. at this moment i feel excited because when i get older obama being the first president my kids are gonna be learning about it.

message 9: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariag) | 4 comments I THINK THAT OBAMA WILL HELP OUR WORLD BECOME A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE. HE ALONG WITH HIS PEERS WILL MAKE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA A UNITED AND LOVED NATION FOR US ALL. I BELIEVE WE ALL HAVE DREAMS AND OBAMAS DREAM IS TO MAKE OURS COME TRUE. AND ALOT OF PEOPLE DIDN'T WANT TO SEE HIM AS A PRESIDENT BECAUSE OF HIS RACE, BUT, IT DOESN'T MATTER WE ALL ARE THE SAME,

message 10: by Valeria (last edited Jan 21, 2009 06:28PM) (new)

Valeria (val777) | 10 comments I as well as others am excited to be part of history as well.Obama made it to the top. He made it to a place where people never thought a minority would go. That gives me a little more hope. In a way I think some people expect a little bit too much from Obama. Yes he is the President but he can only do so much. Decessions still have to go through Congress. I think he will make many small changes but im not sure if he can keep ALL his promises. And i hope he doesnt let us down.

message 11: by Anabel (new)

Anabel | 5 comments I am so surprise that Obama is the first african american to be a president. Not only did it made an impact on african americans but other minorities. With him being president maybe the United States can change on its own time but for good.I hope he does not fail anyone but actually acomplish what he said he wanted to change and yea its going to take time for all that to happen. Everybody hopes he can change it on time before his presidency is over and he makes history for the U.S. Omaba is like our insperation to immagrants and hope this impact can also lead for our next president to be a latino and help minorites as well.Me as an american now belive everything can happen. Obama made it y wouldn't a latino or latina be our future president they can aslo be competent.

message 12: by Tonysmith12 (new)

Tonysmith12 | 9 comments What an extraordinary day today! Barack Obama, the 44th president of United States made the profoundly overwhelming inauguration address. Personally, I support the 3 main themes which are the glorious history, the endangered reality and the hopeful future in terms of the whole speech. The outstanding history lift the American people's morale which makes them finds a way out and gets rid of the reality of darkness.
The revolution of United States was proved a stunning success! As Obama puts in the address:" For us, they packed up their few worldly possessions and traveled across oceans in search of a new life.
For us, they toiled in sweatshops and settled the West; endured the lash of the whip and plowed the hard earth.
For us, they fought and died, in places like Concord and Gettysburg; Normandy and Khe Sanh."
The past generations of United States set a fabulous instance for people all over the world and the heroes of the nation brought United state into the limelight already. Won't the people of American be encouraged due to their brilliant forbears? Won't they obtain the pith and marrow of the ancestors? In fact, the elements of history have always been flowing in our veins and pumped in our hearts, contributing to the constitution of us who are live and lively.
The reality of America was presented on everybody's eyes. Undeniably, the crisis from all the aspects did come and weakened the strong nation of America. Economy which plays the essential role in the society was threatened seriously. It is the fact that oceans of people lost their job and even couldn't afford their children, car and house. Nevertheless, Obama's word "we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America” pointed out the clear road for the individual of America. “Create opportunities" Obama appealed earnestly. If people just push themselves into the swamp and then struggle absurdly, the consequence is that they will covered by the mud instead of get out successfully. As the crisis, with the development of the society achieved the certain level, the rule of the finance changed. Then the crisis followed tightly. Since it was coming, people had been involved in and strike by it. At that time, instead of dealing with everything in a flurry, people have a much better choice to conquer the society catastrophe to do something rationally. People who win frequently are those who keep calm in their mind deeply. American people, it is the time to make the right decision and be your own leader doing something bravely like a knight to lead the better life.
Obama asserted confidently and made the viewpoint that American would like to be the leader of the world again, gathering the power of people who are from different country and have the different religious belief. I totally believe he values the peace of the world and treasure the significance of society development. When people notice the light in the darkness they must keep all the enthusiasm to struggle for the future. The vividly future is not far to reach. We ought to remember this and be proud of being the human being.

message 13: by Tonysmith12 (new)

Tonysmith12 | 9 comments What an extraordinary day today! Barack Obama, the 44th president of United States made the profoundly overwhelming inauguration address. Personally, I support the 3 main themes which are the glorious history, the endangered reality and the hopeful future in terms of the whole speech. The outstanding history lift the American people's morale which makes them finds a way out and gets rid of the reality of darkness.
The revolution of United States was proved a stunning success! As Obama puts in the address:" For us, they packed up their few worldly possessions and traveled across oceans in search of a new life.
For us, they toiled in sweatshops and settled the West; endured the lash of the whip and plowed the hard earth.
For us, they fought and died, in places like Concord and Gettysburg; Normandy and Khe Sanh."
The past generations of United States set a fabulous instance for people all over the world and the heroes of the nation brought United state into the limelight already. Won't the people of American be encouraged due to their brilliant forbears? Won't they obtain the pith and marrow of the ancestors? In fact, the elements of history have always been flowing in our veins and pumped in our hearts, contributing to the constitution of us who are live and lively.
The reality of America was presented on everybody's eyes. Undeniably, the crisis from all the aspects did come and weakened the strong nation of America. Economy which plays the essential role in the society was threatened seriously. It is the fact that oceans of people lost their job and even couldn't afford their children, car and house. Nevertheless, Obama's word "we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America” pointed out the clear road for the individual of America. “Create opportunities" Obama appealed earnestly. If people just push themselves into the swamp and then struggle absurdly, the consequence is that they will covered by the mud instead of get out successfully. As the crisis, with the development of the society achieved the certain level, the rule of the finance changed. Then the crisis followed tightly. Since it was coming, people had been involved in and strike by it. At that time, instead of dealing with everything in a flurry, people have a much better choice to conquer the society catastrophe to do something rationally. People who win frequently are those who keep calm in their mind deeply. American people, it is the time to make the right decision and be your own leader doing something bravely like a knight to lead the better life.
Obama asserted confidently and made the viewpoint that American would like to be the leader of the world again, gathering the power of people who are from different country and have the different religious belief. I totally believe he values the peace of the world and treasure the significance of society development. When people notice the light in the darkness they must keep all the enthusiasm to struggle for the future. The vividly future is not far to reach. We ought to remember this and be proud of being the human being.

message 14: by Tonysmith12 (new)

Tonysmith12 | 9 comments I am Zhuang Tian

message 15: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana | 6 comments I'm actually glad that we now have a African-American president. It shows there has been change as elect president Obama has said. Alot of people have said that the "white man" is always holding everyone down but this historical day proved that's not how it is at all. I hope that he is going to be able to fix our economy because we can all agree that it is horrible. Yeah he promises that but actions speak louder then words. I'm astonished that I was able to witness a historical moment in the making. I feel that he can really relate to our generation and hear what we have to say while taking it in to consideration. He understands why certain things are how they are...he thinks outside the box.

message 16: by Yajaira (new)

Yajaira | 8 comments I think that president obama becoming president to being with, means change. the fact that before africans americans [or anyother minority:] could go to school, drink from the same water fountain, or even go to the same restaurant. and now we, as minorities, have the oppertunity to achieve whatever we set our mind to.
I gotta admit that i do sort of have the "Obama bug" i believe he will do what he can for our country. Sure it may not be right away... but in the long run, he will accomplish what he says and more. :)

message 17: by Momiji (last edited Jan 22, 2009 09:01AM) (new)

Momiji (Usami90) | 2 comments I believe Obama will succeed in this historical moment that will change America forever Though Obama doesn't show fear to people that are being racist to him or worst trying to kill him he's ignoring that and trying to help change the world for man kind though he'll still have to protect his family he can't always think of himself and he showed it he didn't quit even though they try threating him during the elections Obama will make this world a better difference even if he has to clean up the mess that George W. Bush made but Im proud to be alive and had witnessed the change of what's going on in America.

Even Though their are others that might not be able to witness it or are not proud of it but lets just hope that nothing will happend during our moment when Obama's running for president that lets just hope that no one in the white house or secret service will decide to betray him just cause Obama is a different race and hope that his family will be safe let us all hope that will have a better world.

message 18: by Moises (last edited Jan 22, 2009 11:13AM) (new)

Moises | 4 comments Well first of all, Obama being elected obviously means change, because we now have a different party as president, so a lot of issues from before are now going to be viewed in a different perspective therefore they will be handled differently. And secondly, I feel that Obama will achieve the goals he and others have set, but we cant really conclude anything until we see it done. He may solve some issues, but everyone needs to keep in mind that some issues didnt develop overnight.

indeed.

message 19: by Mark (new)

Mark | 5 comments this is a very special moment in history for me. Every since he started running for president, i felt so excited and please that america as a whole would love to accept him. Him winning was just an all time great for me to say I have an African American president is just pleasing. At times I do feel that the standards are to high for him but this is an all time first for several new things. This is something that america has to get used to considering the many barriers and stereotypes that have been broken due to this historical event.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I am surprise and excited at the same time that history has been created. This was a very special moment for me because i actually was here to see history be done. I strongly believe that Obama is goin to be a great president. Yeah he has promised alot of things but hopefully during his term of presidency he could accomplish some of his promises. This has given me hope and realize that no matter wat race you are or if you are a minority you could do anything as another person can if you just set your mind into it. If anything Obama is the person that can fix the damages that has been created by other people. I hope that president Obama makes change in America.

message 21: by Guadalupe (new)

Guadalupe L (leon_g) | 7 comments I never would have guessed that our 44th president would be an African American. Im definetly amazed and proud to see that times have changed and we are working together to build a better future. I do feel that Obama will change this world for the better. Although there are many problems today, I'm sure that Obama will try his best to resolve these issues. He has already broken that big wall that has held many people from their fullfilling their dreams. Everywhere I turn there is either Obama's name or his face. I see him and I feel inspired to push myself harder towards my life goals. I have definetly caught the "Obama bug".

message 22: by Rana (new)

Rana | 7 comments I am very honored and proud to be apart of such a great historical event!I always used to wonder what others were thinking when they witnessed history such as people from slavery and civil wars and other histrorical events. I can now say I was apart of history . I now have something I can pass down to my children and their children! Never have I ever felt so much pride in America! Obama's Presidency has been an inspiration to me and Im sure to many others.Never have I heard of or seen so many other countries rejoiceing over any other American persident!From africa , to england to even some other remote places.Obama has inspired millions that great change is possible and can happen . Obama is strong spiritied and is a person who gets satifaction of himself when he knows he has satisfied others. To me Mr Obama is like the voice to those who have been voiceless and have been put on the back burner! I do believe he will accomplish all he has planned to! And even if he may not accomplsh it all I have faith that he will get pretty close to it! He is a man full of wisdom and he knows how to use it!He is an open minded yet strong minded person and in this day you dont come across many people like him ! Obama showed us that we do live in the land of the free and that our nation is one for the people of its land! NO Man can say or should say that they cant do anything great in America because Barack Obama has proved we all can!

message 23: by Yesenia (last edited Jan 22, 2009 12:52PM) (new)

Yesenia | 1 comments I am glad for it. Because it is something new that everyone was waiting for. I do beleive that he will achieve a lot. Just how a lot of people said that he would not get to be president, he proved all those people wrong. He made it and I do beleive that he will change this country. He already started and he will finish.He showed everyone that anything is possible by him winning presidency and now its a fact that you can achieve anything because he just proved it.

message 24: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy Jones | 8 comments I feel that america has been awaiting change for a long time. But Obama cant do it alone, he is only human and to really make a change happen it will have to start with every person beleving and doing there best to make that change happen. To see if this influences others to set there standards a little higher is going to be key to the sucessful change, It all has to start with what we make out of it by either taking it easy thinking we have it made or working to ensure we do not change back or even worse and to change more things for the better. Remember changes can either be good or a turn for the worse.

message 25: by Joel (new)

Joel Martinez | 3 comments I am very glad to be part of a historical event. Obama, even though he is young i feel like he will do great things for these United States. He is now our 44th president an our first african american president to led our Nation to greatness. Because of his election an being a african american i feel that everyone has a chance in life to do what they want an to follow there deams and never give up cause there is that one chance that there dreams can happen. Change is what he talks about n i hope that change is what he gives us. im pround to say that Barack Obama is my president.

message 26: by Margarito (new)

Margarito | 9 comments I think that Obama becoming a president was a great thing for America. Even though this is a big change and something new to America its going to work out well. I think that this is going to open doors to many people and their ways of thinking about things as well, especially to the minorities. I also think that he would be able to put up with his expectations because, like he said its not going to be easy but slowly he would bring this country back on its feet. As Americans i think that we should support what he says because everyone thinks that magically from one day to another everything would be back to normal, but it all takes time and we have to be patient and contribute to the actions.

message 27: by Vivian (new)

Vivian | 7 comments I do feel like this is a big time for every one, and i feel lucky to be living in this historic time. I know i can tell my great grand kids how I felt living through this time, and they'll have some one who lived through it speak it instead of reading it through text books in school. I think I have caught the Obahma bug, but i'm not expecting a big change in a few weeks. I think it will take a couple of years. :/ But that's onlt because that is how much our would is corrupted.

message 28: by Maricela (new)

Maricela | 5 comments Well to start off with that I am super mad because I didn't watch the inauguration yesterday, I still think that President Obama will make a GREAT president. At first when people where saying that his was "history" I never understood why.... I never thought about him being the first "black" president. I believe it doesn't matter what skin color you have, or what language you speak, i think what matters is that you know your a leader and can lead a nation. That is what I think a president is. I feel like I have the "Obama drug" because I feel that now that I know a lot about all this politics stuff it makes me feel like I know what people are talking about. 'Cause to be honest I never really like politics and it was because i didn't know what was going on. Thats why when i was able to vote i made sure i knew who i was going to vote for and not just go with what others were saying. I think that President Obama will bring change to our nation but I also know that this will require time and patients. Im glad to be part of this and i know that this will help my children and my children's children lol :]

message 29: by Joshua (new)

Joshua | 12 comments I am very excited that Obama became the 44th President of the US. Although I was unable to actually see him inaugerated my parents tape it for me. As I watched him take his oath that night it bought chills thoughout my body. This is such an historical event and I was able to witness it. I only wish I was old enough to vote. History was made. I feel Obama will be a Great President. I am aware it will not be easy but I believe hw will make a CHANGE to better the U.S.

message 30: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 3 comments i am very happy that Obama became president. I believe he is going to help a lot but it is going to take time its not going to be easy but he is going to achieve them. I am very excited to have him as a president because we never in our life had an African American President I believe he going to make change in this world.

message 31: by Armand (new)

Armand | 6 comments i am so proud to be black, and not just to be black to be american. this is what my garndparents fought for. this make me think of what i have to do in life, to show that anybody could rise above anything at at anytime.Obama show me every day to never give up, allways fight for change even if you dont see it happening now or ever.

message 32: by DanielSantoyo (new)

DanielSantoyo Santoyo | 2 comments I am proud that their if finally gonna be a change.I dont think it makes if difference if he is the first african american president.As long as he gets the job done and lives up to what he promised.But i was infuenced by Obama to never give up on my dreams.He made history that effected every american in some way.

message 33: by Ms. R (new)

Ms. R | 58 comments Mod
Gread post! Though I think it's a little funny that there are 50 views on this blog topic and only 32 posts...someone please explain this to me.

Grading and confused,

Ms. R

message 34: by Lucero (new)

Lucero Roman | 6 comments i believe that our new president obama will make a huge difference in the way society looks upon african americans. I do also believe that he will try to do his best not to dissapoint us because him being the first sfrican american president he will really try to make a change.I feel very honored to be living through this big part of history in the making. I am hoping for the very best!!!!!

message 35: by Lucero (new)

Lucero Roman | 6 comments im very happy that obama is our new president too!!! i cant wait to see all the changes he hopefully have coming for us.

message 36: by Violeta (new)

Violeta (Yeta) | 4 comments I believe that having Mr. Obama as our president will be a good man to have as the leader of our Country. Obama as of now has reduced the salaries of officials including his own.Obama has made many promises hopefully he does complete his promises. I believe that he will be a good leader. Also he is the first African American to pursue his dream of becoming the Nations Leader.

message 37: by Violeta (new)

Violeta (Yeta) | 4 comments
i believe With Lucero that he will make a big difference upon the way that society looks at Afrian Americans.

message 38: by Luis (new)

Luis Flores | 5 comments I agree with Mahalia. i believe its a good thing in history that he's the first african american president, but i am skeptical that he will fix all our problems. i think america is to messed up for any one man to fix. i believe that he made kinda of a bad time to be the first african american president becuase if things get worse( which they probably will) they're blame it on Obama and its gonna look bad on him and people are gonna think that African Americans dont know how to run a country.

message 39: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy Jones | 8 comments Just to let you all know. Even though this is history to be remembered,I just want to tell everyone posting just a little fact. Technally Obama is not 100% afican-american. He only has a father from kenya that is all. So please do not call him the first black president. He is close, but not all the way. But I do love to have a minority in office. But he does not reflect the whole african american society.

message 40: by Cristal (new)

Cristal (cristal91) | 7 comments I never thought i would live to see the day when an African American male would become president. When I first heard that Barack Obama was nominated for president i thoughtthat the country would look down on a black president. They would immediatley start riots and protest. But it was the complete opposite. Yes, there were some protests but not as many as I thought there was going to be.
In the same month we celebrated Martin Luther Kings birthday. I wonder if he ever thought that in that same month except different year that an African American will become president.
People are making a big deal about Obama, a black male, becoming president. But he is also half white. He is not 100% african american. So in a way i dont see it as a big deal that he bacame president because he is half white.

message 41: by Dishon (last edited Feb 10, 2009 07:21AM) (new)

Dishon | 8 comments I agree with joshua and am proud to be black. I thank God the rights to vote and i did, and since i did i feel like i helped make the change in the U.S. I never would have thought that an african american would become president, but since it did happened he set the standards for the sfrican race now saying that anyone could become president if u put your mind to it. I thank God for the Obama family and i do belive that he will make a change, because God got his hand on him and when that happens no one could stop him from doing what he has to do. When I first heard that Obama was running for president i actually started gettin interested in politics and started watchin his presidental debate. Obama made me believe in change, hope, and that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

message 42: by Devin (new)

Devin | 7 comments CHANGE is not something that happens overnight and I think that is what is expected of President Obama. However with our new president change can happened and to me it already has. If we look how far we've come we have put aside the racial conflicts and put and African American in the white house so therefore i feel something has already changed. Far as this country goes for change it is going to take a while for that. Obama has a big burden on his shoulder because i feel there is so much expected of him. To finish this country isnt just in his hands but with the steretypical ways of American individuals the possibilities of African Americans are too at stake. If President Obama doesn't turn this country around to the likings of Americans than it may well be 200 more years before another African American is elected.

message 43: by Nicolemac (new)

Nicolemac | 8 comments I feel that as being around for this moment of histroy was not really that great feelling, because we have been mislead by the former presidents and to me I just feel that I would rather wait and see what he does for the counrty then get my hopes up get thhem stepped on.I know change doesn`t happen over night but I hope that all the things he said in his champiagn are the real thig, yeah he has a lot of weight on his shoulder because he holds at stack the risk for other minorites to stand a chance in office i wish him the best of luck. It is nice to finlly not be critized by sterotyping and people can finnaly not say that we never have had an african- american president and finnaly see that opporutninty is offered to everyone it just depends on how bad you want it not what you deserve for things that have happend 100 of years ago.

message 44: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 4 comments I honestly didn't really look at this inaugeration any differnt than the others. I am happy that we have a differnt president than what we were use to but other than that I wasn't really all into the whole event. I do believe Obama is a very strong speaker. I think that by his great voice and great speaches, that that's the way he got most of his votes.

message 45: by Gustavo (new)

Gustavo | 11 comments YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited a democrat had finally won and that America had made HISTORY for the first African American president. I saw all of the inauguration and i been record it so i could some day show it to my kids.I really think he is going to make a CHANGE beascuse he seems like a person we could rely on.

message 46: by David (new)

David Coria | 4 comments i think that it was a good thing that obama was elected president because he is a good example. i believe obama is a very good speaker and i think he was the best candidate to be president of the U.S. i dont agree with marcy because i dont think obama got most of his votes by his great speeches i think he got the most votes because the people needed a president that could change the crisis in america.

message 47: by Hectorr23 (new)

Hectorr23 | 7 comments The 44th president of the United States African American we could say were ready for a change. I am honered that i was a part of history when Barack Obama became president. This will be remembered for years to come and i will tell my children so they can tell their children and history will repeat it self. I think Barack Obama will live up to the hype and be a great president anyone who doesn't believe are haters and ignorants. great speaker mentor and thank god his a basketball fan show his an all around man. Again great for history and were all together on this one and lets make a change.

message 48: by Jessica (new)

Jessica James | 6 comments I agree with you all. Its such an honor to see how far we've come. From the roots of slavey to the honor of president. I just hope that Barack will follow up on his word. I hope he actually enforces change instead of just saying we need a change. I hope that America can pull together and become a more united country for our sake. I want to see a new America!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.