Chicks On Lit discussion

Other Hot Book Discussions > Bookring for Heretic's Daughter-sign up here

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynlee4 (new)

Lynlee4 | 99 comments There's been a lot of interest in the The Heretic's Daughter and since I have one (hardback) that I'm willing to share, I thought I'd offer it up as a CoL bookring.

You might be asking, "What is a bookring?". Anyone that's intersted would post on this board, name and location (I'd like to limit this ring to US only). After we have a list, I'll organize the order and post here. I'll send to person #1, they have 30 days to read the book, they would then contact #2 person on the list and send in the mail to person #2, and so on. The last person on the list would mail back to me to complete the ring. Sending media mail is slower but more reasonable - usually under $3.00.

Hope I've explained it well enough. Please let me know if you have questions!

message 2: by JSou (new)

JSou Oooh!!! I want to sign up! I'm in Wickenburg, AZ!

message 3: by Mich (new)

Mich | 150 comments i'm in...

message 4: by Mich (new)

Mich | 150 comments oops.. butler,pa

message 5: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 19 comments I'd love to do this too...I'm in Purcellville, VA

I'm on two wait lists for the book and we are watching our budget, so buying it new isn't in the cards for me.

message 6: by Lori (new)

Lori | 617 comments I'm so excited because I've wanted to read this, but I'm putting a freeze on book expenditures because I spent all of my money in my checking account. I'm in college...so...I'll just go with my permanent home address in case my turn comes up after I move out of my college house.

Home--Tulsa, OK.

message 7: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 415 comments I'm in! I'm in Red Cloud, NE

message 8: by Lynlee4 (last edited Mar 28, 2009 11:47AM) (new)

Lynlee4 | 99 comments Okie doke. So far, we've got:
Jessica, AZ
Lori, OK
Debbie, NE <---on it's way here
Jamie, PA
Marcy, VA
Sherry, OK
back to Lori, OK
back to me in FL

message 9: by Lori (new)

Lori | 617 comments Is that the order the book is going in?

message 10: by Lori (new)

Lori | 617 comments Is that the order the book is going in?

message 11: by Lynlee4 (new)

Lynlee4 | 99 comments so far that's the order - but I've used a pencil :) we can make changes

message 12: by Lori (new)

Lori | 617 comments I just wasn't sure if the plan was for Jessica to send it to me and for my to send it to Mich. So, no problems.

message 13: by Lynlee4 (new)

Lynlee4 | 99 comments Put in the mail today to Jessica :)

message 14: by JSou (new)

JSou Yay! I can't wait! Thanks so much! I will send it to Lori as soon as I'm done.

message 15: by Lori (new)

Lori | 617 comments I'm so excited! And I'm really glad this thing sparked up because I was about to go buy the book.

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 369 comments ooh i'd love to be in..I'm in Doylestown, PA

message 17: by Lynlee4 (new)

Lynlee4 | 99 comments Yea, Jamie!

message 18: by JSou (new)

JSou Ok, I got the book yesterday, and am already loving it! I have a feeling it won't be long before I send it to Lori! :) Thanks again Lynnlee!

message 19: by Lori (new)

Lori | 617 comments I'm excited to get it! But, take your time...

message 20: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Mcdonald | 20 comments I just got The Heretics Daughter from my library. May I join you? Still having trouble with my e-mail, but I'm not giving up yet. Sherry McDonald Oklahoma

message 21: by JSou (new)

JSou Okay Lori, I sent it off today! :)

message 22: by Lynlee4 (new)

Lynlee4 | 99 comments Has anyone heard from Lori? I've sent her a message asking if she's rec'd the book.

Sherry, I've added you to the list.

message 23: by Lynlee4 (new)

Lynlee4 | 99 comments Lori sent it on to Debbie

message 24: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 415 comments Got a message from Lori that she will send it out to me on Monday!

message 25: by Lori (new)

Lori | 617 comments I will most certainly do that. I was planning on going home this weekend and then it was really rainy on Friday, so I didn't. I came up with the idea of my parents coming to me for lunch on Sunday. Then it snowed on Saturday, so it became iffy about whether my parents would come up here. My secret hope was that my dad would just take this book, as well as the others I have to mail, to the post office so I wouldn't have to. But alas! The best laid plans...

message 26: by Lynlee4 (new)

Lynlee4 | 99 comments Lori wrote: "I will most certainly do that. I was planning on going home this weekend and then it was really rainy on Friday, so I didn't. I came up with the idea of my parents coming to me for lunch on Sunda..."

I know how it is to have real life get in the way.

I've added Lori to the bottom of the list so she can finish the book :)

message 27: by Lori (new)

Lori | 617 comments Thanks. I made sure I wrote down what page I was on so I don't have to start from the beginning. I'll get this to the post office Monday afternoon, so it probably won't actually go out until Tuesday.

message 28: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 415 comments I rec'd the Heretics daughter in the mail today! Thanks Lori!

message 29: by Lori (new)

Lori | 617 comments Not a problem. Thank my dad though. He mailed it for me. I hope you enjoy it.

message 30: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 415 comments Jamie,
I see you are next on the bookring for the Heretic's Daughter, let me know your address and I'll get it in the mail to you!

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 369 comments just sent you a message with my address!

message 32: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 415 comments am mailing it out tomorrow to Jamie!

message 33: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 19 comments I forgot about this book ring..is it still going? I was supposed to be after Jamie.