Writers Wanted!!! discussion

1 view
Writing Goals for 2008

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:16PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Does anyone have any writing goals for 2008?

My goal is to complete a rough draft of my first novel. Although that might be difficult to achieve because I will be taking 4 courses next term and will be busy as hell. I will try my best to write some each day. Some writing is better than none, right?

message 2: by Frank (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:17PM) (new)

Frank (BARD) | 9 comments Time and Muses is a hard thing to balance. Seems eating and sleeping come in as a dim second to writing (lol. My muse usually tries to get me going at 2:00 AM. Do you carry a note pad for those awkward idea momments?

~Frank

message 3: by Kevin (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:17PM) (new)

Kevin | 5 comments I carry a palm pilot but i don't really have any writing goals because of the fact that I've never been able to finish a story... I guess my goal should be to actually finish something I start writing.

message 4: by Kat (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:17PM) (new)

Kat (aliceinlove) | 32 comments Mod
i have a notebook that i always use that or i make notes in my sketch book. But yeah raising a baby, writing and pulling together my art crap i've got alot to do. I really would like to have some poetry published and a lot of my novel done

message 5: by Silvia (new)

Silvia (robin10hood) i am always very busy, but have heaps of ideas. it's just getting the ideas out that gets me stuck. my goals are to spend at least three hours a week doing something writing-related, apart from scholary reports.

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) King,

try this publisher: www.publishamerica.com. They don't charge you anything.

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa B | 4 comments I'm hoping to get my book finished and get in contact with a publisher!! Wish me luck, eek!!

message 8: by Tammy (last edited Jan 03, 2008 11:27AM) (new)

Tammy | 7 comments My goal is to finalize at least 30 pieces of work and to get my web site up that will host all of my children's work. It will also be interactive for the kids to be involved in the learning process. My goal is to make it a community.

Most of the work will be for free and we'll charge advertising on the site to make revenue. I thought a lot about going the traditional route or building the web site. The way technology is going and the fact that my son's generation is working Iphones and YouTube at the age of two led me to choose the web site. My work will also be available for download on the site. Some may have a small fee attached. Don't know yet.