Sparks Bookworms discussion

The Jane Austen Book Club

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine (krysta25uk) | 31 comments Mod
Has anyone read this book or seen the film?

I read this on saturday and really enjoyed it. I love Jane Austen. I loved the way the groups lives are entwined with the book they are doing.

I saw the film on Sunday and thought it was hilarious. For once better than the book.

Krysta

message 2: by Robin (new)

Robin  (rockinrobin) I haven't read the book but I do own the movie and yes it is very funny !!! Glad you enjoyed them both. Some friends and I are getting ready to start our own Jane Austen book club.

message 3: by Mel (new)

Mel I tried to read the book about a year ago. (? not positive on the time) and just could NOT get into it. But then my friend suggested the movie and it was better, though not something I'd watch twice.

message 4: by Robin (new)

Robin  (rockinrobin) I have read the real Jane Austen books a few times. Those are the ones we will read. I love her books and movies. I own 4 of her books and 4 or 5 of her movies. I just love Jane Austen.
I just haven't read the book about the book club. But do have that movie too.
I am a little obsessive when I find an author I like and read most of their works. LOL

message 5: by Christine (new)

I love Jane Austen too. Just got Emma out of the library again.

Robin I'm like you I find a new author and I have to read everything by them. Can be quite frustration because I soon run out of books.

Krysta

message 6: by Mel (new)

Mel OH yes! I love Jane Austen as well. I do not like the older movies, PBS types, too forced, etc., but enjoy the newer versions every time. =)

message 7: by Robin (new)

Robin  (rockinrobin) I love both the old movies and the new ones. I just ordered Little Women. I know not Jane Austen. But I got the one with Katherine Hepburn. Can't wait to get it in. I don't know I just like the BBC ones I own a couple. I have the Emma one and I can't think of the other. But anyway I love um all LOL

message 8: by Joni (new)

Joni (joni214) | 4 comments I recently bought the Jane Austen Book Club at a book sale at a local church. Got it for $1. Must be a fast read, right?

message 9: by Christine (new)

I managed to read it in an evening. Just finished Emma again still think it's the best book.

I've seen both Emma and Sense and Sensibility. Thought both were good adaptations.

Krysta

message 10: by Christine (new)

Anyone read The Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict. I have this as my next book to read.

Jane Austen seems to be a popular subject lately, not that I'm complaining.

Krysta