Every one's Choice discussion

Nominate the Feb. Book

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

Donna (DFiggz) | 3116 comments Mod
Hey all!! It's that time again. We gotta find a book for our Feburary read!

Should we do a theme like Classics? Valentine's Day? or should we just do what we do best and vote for whatever we want?

Let me know what you think or just start the voting!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm going to go with something I want to read off my shelf and a lot of people like it:

Life of Pi by Yaan Martel.

message 3: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

I have Life of Pi. It has been sitting here for some time!

message 4: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

I have so many books that stare at me and I think I will pick Chuck Palahniuk's Lullaby.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I wouldn't be sad to read another Palahniuk.

message 6: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

I luv him! I have to read them all!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I feel so dark and dirty when I read them...but I love them all the same. And I think I have put his worst behind me in Haunted.

message 8: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

I have Hauted but hav eyet to read it now I am curious.

message 9: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

He's not for everyone! But I do enjoy him. So far I liked Diary the best for reasons I cannot explain but I have only read 3-4 of his books. But I do own all of them!!!!

OK now we gotta get back on track. Where is everyone?? We need to get the voting going!

So far we have:
Life of Pi
Bridget Jones' Diary
Lullaby

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Let's get back off track. Diary is also my favorite out of the 3 that I have read.

message 11: by Jen (last edited Jan 22, 2009 08:12AM) (new)

Jen (NekoKitty) | 339 comments

I do like the idea of having a theme each month... Classics, Valentine's Day, etc. What a nice way to sneak in extra variety! :)

message 12: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 11 comments So are we looking for a "love" theme because Valentine's day is next month? Danielle Steel and Nicholas Sparks have some great love stories. I cant think of anything in particular so let us know if we are definitely going to go with a theme or not. :)

message 13: by Jen (new)

Jen (NekoKitty) | 339 comments How about Gone With The Wind... yeah, I'll nominate that one. It totally sticks with a romance theme, and I really need to find a reason to get that book to the top of my read list.

message 14: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

I think we are just going to vote for whatever we want. If you would like to nominate a love/romance then go right on ahead!!!

message 15: by Donna, The Pusher (last edited Jan 23, 2009 06:13AM) (new)

I am going to give the nominations until Monday and hopefully we will have some more. If not I guess we just go wit the four we have and maybe ONE will win this time!!!

Wake up guys!!!!

message 16: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm awake! Sorry, but I did hard time with War and Peace. Gone With the Wind is a long ways down the road for me!!

message 18: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

I couldn't watch the mocie (GWTW) but maybe I can read the book. We will see if it wins and forces me to do it LOL.

I have a lot on my plate so as I say...We will see.

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (Misskitty1026) | 105 comments life of pi sounds like a good book, i am interested to read that, i am not too interested in reading gone with the wind to be honest. i have already read the bridget jones books. lullaby sounds good as well though

message 20: by Cheri (new)

Cheri If we're going for a love theme, I nominate Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story by Christopher Moore.

message 21: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

OK Good!! So we shall get the voting started!!! Thx guys!!!