homeschool kids discussion

Inauguration

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Zarha, the groove bringer | 2837 comments What did you guys think?
I think it was awesome that that one song was composed by the guy who composed the songs for Starwars :P but that's just me...

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 52 comments It was amazing! Barack Obama's speech was so inspirational. He's gonna be such a good president :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

It was pretty much awesome. I'm so happy :]

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

did you notice that they kept showing bush? the look on his face was so funny! I'm glad that we finally have a president who's not a idiot.

hiilovemarkhoppus (brackenclaw) I missed it
*sobsob*

message 6: by Mikayla (new)

Mikayla | 2658 comments It was great. Obama is such a great speaker too!!!
but wow, yeah it was awesome! i'm happy too :)

message 7: by Kaytrina (new)

Kaytrina | 174 comments It was great!!!!I was so touched by his speech that I cried!I think he has the right intelligence,honesty,kindness,and ambition to lead our country through this difficult time.He is going to help our generation and ones to come have a country they can really be proud of!I know I'M proud to live in this great country where anything is possible and anyone can follow their dreams,no matter what race or gender.

message 8: by Joel (new)

Joel (thegibbonmaster) | 1007 comments i found it all really boring

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

yes you did, and you whined about it too! :P, yeah, it wasn't his best speech, I found myself much more touched by some of his earlier speeches.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

it was very good though.

Zarha, the groove bringer | 2837 comments Cheney was sooo creepy

Zarha, the groove bringer | 2837 comments Oka...okay.....th...then....

hiilovemarkhoppus (brackenclaw) lollololololol

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

niiice dorian! =]
<44

hiilovemarkhoppus (brackenclaw) thankz

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Anyways, the only thing that didn't go smoothly was the actual swearing in... I'm not exactly sure what happened there.

message 18: by Chris (new)

Chris (toastzone) | 549 comments It was really good and I think people booed bush!

message 19: by Mikayla (new)

Mikayla | 2658 comments Erin [you don't know me at all ♥:] wrote: "Anyways, the only thing that didn't go smoothly was the actual swearing in... I'm not exactly sure what happened there."

well 1st Obama started repeating too soon and the 2nd time the judge person worded it wrong so Obama didn't continue just nodded his head and then the person re-worded it the right way for Obama to repeat

message 20: by Kaytrina (new)

Kaytrina | 174 comments didn't it look funny when Cheney and Biden were farther away from eachother,instead of side-by-side,like VP's normally are?My mom says that Cheney is known to be grumpy and mean.

MATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT (theawesomecatperson) | 25 comments The whole thing was awesome! There were 1.5 million people there!

message 22: by Mikayla (new)

Mikayla | 2658 comments lol, it was when Obama got sworn in as President and when he officially became president and the whole ceremony and all

message 23: by Mikayla (new)

Mikayla | 2658 comments it was yesterday, and so basically it's like when Presidency changes hands and all

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved Michelle Obama's dress, btw haha.

message 25: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 516 comments president obama is taking steps to do some very good things, or rather undo some screwups that the bush administration made

message 26: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 52 comments Yes, exactly, especially that last part...

message 27: by The King of the Groovy (I'm SO groovalicious~) (last edited Jan 21, 2009 09:03PM) (new)

The King of the Groovy (I'm SO groovalicious~) (TheKingoftheGroovyGrove) | 114 comments I only saw a bit of it, but from what I did see it was cool. My nana watched it at her center and got all emotional and cried and shouted and stuff (like she always does) and ended up getting on the front page of the paper =P Obama seems promising to me