The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:16PM) (new)

whichwaydidshego | 1996 comments Mod
How do you like them?

I think they will be easier to find what you want and to discuss things topically, but you might have to look more than a few seconds for what threads have most recently been posted to.

message 2: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:16PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) It'll take a little while to get used to it, but I think it will be good. I think it would be nice if there was an indicator icon that told you which topics had new replies since you last opened it, and that when you clicked on the thread name, you automatically went to the first unread post. That's how it works in the book clubs over on barnesandnoble.com and it is really nice. There's even an icon that tells you which threads you've posted in.

message 3: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:16PM) (new)

OOOOO! Suggest that on Goodreads Feedback! I like it! I already told them about the glitch in which our topics most recently posted in are not filtering to the top! I'm sure it will take a few days to work out all the kinks in such a big over-haul - they did loads more that just folders... you can now check out which group members are online, for instance. Both of these are options I suggested, so I noticed them right away, but I know there is more.

message 4: by Blanca (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:16PM) (new)

Blanca | 26 comments I love the folders! I know you lobbied hard for this.

message 5: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:16PM) (new)

Meghan Folders are great. It'll take a little time getting used to it but it's much more organized and for an organization freak, this soothes my wrinkled soul.

message 6: by Robbie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:16PM) (new)

Robbie Bashore | 592 comments Overall, I like it.

Ultimately, I will like the newly updated threads at the top of each folder, but now I'm having fun reading old threads that I wouldn't otherwise have bothered to even scroll to.

message 7: by Shannon, the founder of fun (back from sabbatical) (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:17PM) (new)

Shannon | 254 comments Mod
Cool functionality! I think we should break out the folders from 8 to 5 or something. For example I don't think we need a new members folder or an other book discussion folder - these could both go into general. If we got a "sticky" functionality - I think this would really help so that people could see an announcement for new members when they enter the general folder.

message 8: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:17PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) There is a "sticky" function. You mark the thread "important." I think it has to be done by the person who started the thread, I'm not sure if the moderators can do it.

message 9: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:17PM) (new)

There is a sticky functionality and yes, the moderators can change them, but it is not functioning properly at the moment... they are working on it. I guess in getting out some other kinks they had to turn it off.

What do the others think about how many folders?

message 10: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:17PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I kind of agree with Shannon. I think a "general" or "off topic" folder would be good for anything not related to either Gilmore Girls our our monthly discussions.

message 11: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:17PM) (new)

So Sarah, it sounds like you are saying three folders. I'll take the five then!

I blended three folders into others, but not all into "general." That leaves five, but they will be a bit more evenly distributed so it will be easier to navigate all the threads.

What say you?

message 12: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:17PM) (new)

It looks like the "sticky" function is working again!

message 13: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:17PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Honetlhy my biggest complaint is that it's hard to see which threads have been updated. Hopefully when they fix that, more folders won't bother me.

And I like having the voting, etc. separate from the discussions, so that's good. But I think other books and movies and stuff like that should all be in the same folder.

But you girls are the bosses, so whatever you decide is fine by me!

message 14: by Dottie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:17PM) (new)

Dottie  (oxymoronid) | 698 comments I think I like the look of the five for now at least though I haven't really explored the contents as yet and might change my thinking once I examine things more closely. See how decisive that was -- very helpful.