Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Jeaniene Frost
This topic is about Jeaniene Frost
2012 Challenge Archive > FAC: Jeaniene Frost (August 2012)

Comments (showing 1-50 of 110) (110 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 13454 comments Jeaniene Frost, born 1974, is an American fantasy/PNR author, well-known for her "Night Huntress" series and the "Night Huntress World" novels. She has also contributed to a number of anthologies.

The Night Huntress Series: The author came up with the idea for the Night Huntress series from a dream. "In my dream, I saw a man and a woman arguing. Somehow I knew the woman was a half-vampire, the man was a full vampire, and they were arguing because he was angry that she'd left him." As of 9/10/11 there are a total of nine books planned for the series.

A New York Times and USA Today best-selling author, foreign rights for her novels have sold to nineteen different countries. Frost lives in North Carolina with her husband Matthew. Aside from writing, she enjoys reading, poetry, watching movies with her husband, exploring old cemeteries, spelunking and traveling by car. Airplanes, children, and cook books frighten her.

Jeaniene's GR page is here: Jeaniene Frost

Challenge Task: Read one book written by our featured author, Jeaniene Frost.
Challenge Duration: The whole month of August.

To sign up:
Post your interest and the book you are planning to read.

You must also signify if you are:
A - I'm a big fan! I'm excited to read another of her books.
B - Familiar with her work, and wouldn't mind reading her again.
C - Totally new to this author. Will see how I like it.
D - Didn't like the last one I've read, but willing to give it another chance.

To complete:
Post the date when you've completed your book.

You must also say if, after reading:
A - would definitely look at her other books, since I've enjoyed this one very much.
B - could take it or leave it. Was not an unpleasant experience but I'm not burning rubber to get to her other books.
C - Oh well, I tried. Definitely not my cup of tea.

A little review of the book read is welcomed but not required.

message 2: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Sep 24, 2012 03:13AM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 13454 comments Where we started:

A: Bones can suck my blood
√ MountainKat
√ Jane
Jim
√ Herding Cats
√ Erin
√ KarenH
√ Sandra
√ Samantha
√ Joann
√ KarenF
√ Susan(q)
√ Laura
√ Melissa
Tina
√ Sandy
√ Roxy
√ Yz
Ren
√ Valorie
√ Lynne
√ Cathy
√ Nikki
√ Suzanne
√ Charlotte

B: I like cats
√ Dee
√ Skandia
√ Irina
√ Leslie
Jackie b
√ Kami
√ Pam
√ Aleksandra

C: How old?
√ Amanda
√ Brett
√ Fran
√ Ann
√ Ceej
Jappi
√ Lekshmy
√ Patricia
Ashley
Amy
Jensine
√ Christina

D: Vampires are SO yesterday... or 500 years ago in fact!
√ Karina
√ Deyara

message 3: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Sep 24, 2012 03:15AM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 13454 comments Where we finished:

A: Kitten can fight!
Laura (A) - This Side of the Grave
KarenH (A) - Reckoning
MountainKat (A) - Reckoning
Suzanne (A) - First Drop of Crimson
Patricia (C) - First Drop of Crimson
Joann (A) - Once Burned
Amanda (C) - Halfway to the Grave
Yz (A) - Eternal Kiss of Darkness
Aleksandra (B) - Halfway to the Grave
Cathy (A) - Once Burned
Nikki (A) - One Grave at a Time
Herding Cats (A) - Reckoning
Charlotte (A) - Destined for an Early Grave & First Drop of Crimson
Lekshmy (C) - First Drop of Crimson
Leslie (B) - One Foot in the Grave
Erin (A) - Once Burned
Sandra (A) - Reckoning & Night's Darkest Embrace
Susan(q) (A) - Destined for an Early Grave
Sandy (A) - First Drop of Crimson
KarenF (A) - Happily Never After
Valorie (A) - Once Burned
Dee (B) - At Grave's End
Lynne (A) - Happily Never After
Melissa (A) - Once Burned
Samantha (A) - First Drop of Crimson
Christina (C) - Once Burned

B: Diggin' Spade... but not much else
Skandia (B) - One Foot in the Grave
Ceej (C) - Halfway to the Grave
Kami (B) - One Foot in the Grave
Fran (C) - Under Her Skin
Pam (B) - One Foot in the Grave
Irina (B) - Once Burned
Jane (A) - One Foot in the Grave
Brett (C) - First Drop of Crimson
Karina (D) - Destined for an Early Grave

C: I'm officially a zombie
Deyara (D) - The Bite Before Christmas
Ann (C) - Reckoning

This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost Reckoning (Night Huntress, #0.5) by Jeaniene Frost Reckoning (Night Huntress, #0.5) by Jeaniene Frost First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, #2) by Jeaniene Frost Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Under Her Skin by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6) by Jeaniene Frost Reckoning (Night Huntress, #0.5) by Jeaniene Frost Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Night's Darkest Embrace by Jeaniene Frost Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Happily Never After (Night Huntress, #1.5) by Jeaniene Frost The Bite Before Christmas (Argeneau, #15.5; Night Huntress, #6.5) by Lynsay Sands Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Happily Never After (Night Huntress, #1.5) by Jeaniene Frost Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Reckoning (Night Huntress, #0.5) by Jeaniene Frost Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

Anna's Herding Cats (herdingcats-burningsoup) Heh. Yep Jane I fall into the I've read all of her books category. Can we use short stories? Those are the only ones I have left.

message 5: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 8513 comments I'm in and I am a great big A!! I have no idea what I'm going to read, or reread, since I'm current on her books. I think there might be s short story or two I haven't read yet...

message 6: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 13454 comments Herding Cats wrote: "Heh. Yep Jane I fall into the I've read all of her books category. Can we use short stories? Those are the only ones I have left."

Sure - short stories are fine :)

message 7: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Jul 21, 2012 07:12PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 13454 comments I still have a heap of her stories to read, but I realise that a lot of RRRC members have probably read her full list! What a nice problem for Jeaniene to have :)

I'm in (naturally) and I'm an A :)

message 8: by Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (last edited Jul 21, 2012 07:18PM) (new)

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (Jim_formerly_Photojim) | 5294 comments I'm an A. But I refuse to say the category title.

Edit: I'll be reading Vlad's story.

message 9: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments awww c'mon jim!!! lol!!

i'm a high B, low A right now...i'm going to read At Grave's End

i think i'm one of the few that hasn't read the whole series...

Anna's Herding Cats (herdingcats-burningsoup) Good deal. I'm so an A. I'm going to start on her short stories and read Reckoning (NightHuntress 0.5)

Not sure why but I can't get her books to come up in the search to add the cover.

message 11: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 13454 comments Dee wrote: "awww c'mon jim!!! lol!!

i'm a high B, low A right now...i'm going to read At Grave's End

i think i'm one of the few that hasn't read the whole series..."

I've only read the first three Dee, so I'm with you :)

message 12: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 9070 comments Herding Cats wrote: "Good deal. I'm so an A. I'm going to start on her short stories and read Reckoning (NightHuntress 0.5)

Not sure why but I can't get her books to come up in the search to add the cover."

There is a bug right now that is messing with the search engine - so annoying!

Anna's Herding Cats (herdingcats-burningsoup) Ah thanks Fran good to know I wasn't having a moment after all. I kept thinking I was spelling her name wrong and would go check and try again. The only thing coming up were two books in another language.

message 14: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 13454 comments Ah - I saw that, HC. But I then had a go, and it all worked OK for me :)

message 15: by Erin (new)

Erin (Erin-B) | 790 comments Well, I was about to start Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost for one of my July challenges, but I thinkI'll hold off and do this challenge instead. I'm an A.

message 16: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 3998 comments I'm a huge "A", and I'm also current except for a short or two. I'll have to see what I can find, but I'll definitely be reading something, even if it's a reread!

message 17: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 3931 comments I'm definitely an A. I've only got short stories left as well. I'll read both and that will equal a full book. LOL.

So - Reckoning in Unbound (Dark Days, #0.5; Night Huntress, #0.5; Signs of the Zodiac, #0.5; The Hollows, #7.5) by Kim Harrison and Night's Darkest Embrace in Haunted by Your Touch (Doomsday Brethren #3.5, Moon Chasers, #4.5) by Jeaniene Frost

message 18: by Skandia (new)

Skandia (SFGirl) | 933 comments I just read the first Night Huntress book in the beginning of July and it was pretty good but little too much graphic violence for my taste.
I think I'm B+ and will continue with the series.
I will read One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost

message 19: by Irina (new)

Irina (reetu_416) | 457 comments I'm not a big fan but I like her work and will be willing to read another one. So i guess I am somewhat B and I'll be reading Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

message 20: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 923 comments I'm in. I'm an A and I'll be reading First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

message 21: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments Well, I was going to read this one later - but I will join in this month. I am a B . I've read one of her books and liked it. So I will read One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost.

message 22: by Katharina (new)

Katharina | 780 comments Think I'll skip this one. Not my fave genre and it looks like all her books are part of a series.

message 23: by Joann (new)

Joann | 973 comments Not sure what I'll read yet, but I'm an A.

message 24: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (CleoCleveland) | 1099 comments I'm an A. I'll read Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost since I kinda can't believe I haven't read it yet.

message 25: by Amanda (last edited Jul 22, 2012 06:40PM) (new)

Amanda (shortie357) | 103 comments I"m a C. I am going to be reading the first book in the Night Huntress series Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost.

message 26: by Susan (susayq ~) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 496 comments I'm in! I'm an A! I read her first book yesterday and am reading the 2nd today LOL I'm not sure what I'll be reading cause I just don't know how quickly I can get through my last 2 books for July challenges and get back to this series :)

message 27: by Brett (new)

Brett | 475 comments I'm a C and I'll be reading First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

message 28: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 59 comments Count me in! I'm a B and I'll be reading At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost

message 29: by Laura (new)

Laura | 165 comments im A and will be reading This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost

message 30: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1582 comments I'm an A and will be reading Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

message 31: by Nicola (new)

Nicola | 644 comments After all that I am afraid to admit I have never read her.

I will see what my library has

message 32: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Jul 24, 2012 07:16AM) (new)

Fran | 9070 comments I am a C. It looks like Jeaniene has a short story in this anthology that doesn't seem to be related to her series. I am going to read this one-

Under Her Skin by Jeaniene Frost

Tina "IRead2Escape" (tinar1121) | 1095 comments I am an A++++++. Love the Night Huntress, Night Huntress World and Night Prince series. Night Huntress is my favorite series ever, which is saying a lot since PNR is not my favorite genre. I didn't realize this was coming or I would have held off on Vlad for a couple more weeks.

Since I have read all of the books, except the anthologies I think I will read Happily Never After (Night Huntress, #1.5) by Jeaniene Frost.

message 34: by Ann (Noumena12) (new)

Ann (Noumena12) (noumena12) | 126 comments I'm in. I've never heard of this author so I'm a C - Totally new to this author. Will see how I like it. I haven't been reading much paranormal romance or fantasy lately.

CORRECTION: Looks like I've read a couple of anthologies that contained stories from this author. But they certainly weren't memorable.

message 35: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 8513 comments Nicola wrote: "After all that I am afraid to admit I have never read her.

I will see what my library has"

Nicola, in my opinion it would be best to start at the beginning, Halfway to the Grave. I think it matters more in this series. Not sure about the shorts though.

message 36: by Nicola (new)

Nicola | 644 comments Thanks MountainKat - I will look for that one then.

message 37: by Ceej (new)

Ceej (drqangel) | 1015 comments I'm in. I'm a C. I'll read Halfway to the Grave

message 38: by SandyC (new)

SandyC (sandyc88) | 1214 comments I'm an A.
I'll read either First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost or Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost.

message 39: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (RoxyM) | 208 comments I'm in!!

I'm an A: Bones can suck my blood.

I will probably read Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost or Reckoning (Night Huntress, #0.5) by Jeaniene Frost

message 40: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments I'm an A and I'm going to read Eternal Kiss of Darkness Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, #2) by Jeaniene Frost.

message 41: by Ren (new)

Ren (RenPuspita) | 121 comments I'm in! And I'm definitely A.
Plan to read Eternal Kiss of Darkness, This Side of the Grave, One Grave at a Time and Once Burned

message 42: by Jappi (last edited Jul 26, 2012 03:06AM) (new)

Jappi (japjapjappii) I'm C. Totally new to this author but I like paranormal romance so we'll see how it goes. I'll be reading Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost or Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost. cheers!

message 43: by Lekshmy (new)

Lekshmy | 232 comments I am C... Will go for any available work in my library:)

message 44: by Kami (new)

Kami (aidansmama) | 973 comments I'm a 'B' and I will read One foot in the grave.

message 45: by Valorie (new)

Valorie  | 2085 comments I'm a definite A! The only one I haven't read yet is Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

message 46: by Pam (new)

Pam | 1045 comments I'm a B and will post book later...

message 47: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Solla (tedebear1998) | 244 comments I'm in. I'm a C for this author. Will see what I can get from the library.

message 48: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 6 comments I'm in, as well! I am also a C. Interested to see her work!! :D

message 49: by Lynne (new)

Lynne (LoveToReadGal) | 1020 comments I'm an "A". I'm going to read Once Burned, because I just don't seem to be reading enough series and I need to start another! LOL!!

message 50: by Deyara (new)

Deyara | 60 comments I'm a D - gave Halfway to the Grave 3 stars in 2010 and never went back to the series as I found it hard to get into. I'll give her another go though, and I will read The Bite Before Christmas

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

At Grave's End (other topics)
Once Burned (other topics)
Unbound (other topics)
Haunted by Your Touch (other topics)
One Foot in the Grave (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jeaniene Frost (other topics)
Lisa Jackson (other topics)