Christian Historical Fiction discussion

Lyn Cote > The Desires of Her Heart

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Chind (cherryblossommj) | 395 comments Mod
Today I got this book... The Desires of Her Heart It comes out the beginning of February.

Has anyone else read Lyn Cote? Do you plan to buy this book?

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 313 comments I have read some of her books. Most of them were the ones she did with Heartsong books. I just bought Her Captains Heart and will start that one soon. Her Blessed Assurance Series was good. She features two families...one white, one black who help each other through the chicago fire, San Francisco fire, and the aftermath of WWI.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 313 comments Yeah, I meant Steeple Hill. Sorry! Heartsong does do Christian historical fiction too though. You can get the Steeple Hill ones at Wal-mart. They do two historical fiction ones every month and then have some others they do as well.

message 4: by Margaret (new)

When you are in Wal-mart where all the "trashy" Harlequin books are... the Love Inspired (that is how you know they're Christian) are all there mixed in. You have to be careful when buying them though, but usually the covers will show which is tasteful and which is not. I am sorry that I did not think to mention the clubs. They definitely have the "cozy" books.

message 5: by Margaret (new)

lol

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy (amyfishgirl) | 17 comments fyi: my walmart keeps it's christian books up front, passed the registers, by the customer service center, on a spinny thing. does not ususally have a huge selection, but have some. enjoy!

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 313 comments They usually come out with the historical ones around the second week of the month.

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 313 comments I know too much about this....lol

message 9: by Margaret (new)

Hey Kate, request them if not, push their buttons a little in the right direction.

Amy, those Christian books are not the same ones as the Love Inspired I do not think, at least not at my Wal-Mart. My wal-Mart and grocery stores do have Christian books on a spiny thing, but those are "other" mostly non-fiction.

Victorianromantic | 8 comments I am yet to read the Blessed Assurance Series-which I own, but have never read, while trying to finish library books, school work, ect. I picked it up one day at a bookstore, and I can't wait to read it...no them. It was a three-in-one deal on sale, and I just couldn't resist :D

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 313 comments Kate, the back of my Steeple Hill book says the next set of Historical ficition books come out Feb 10, so you may want to go to Walmart then. By the way, I'm halfway through Her Captain's Heart and it's really good! FYI for those who were wanting to read it.

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 313 comments I finished Her Captain's Heart. It was awesome! Oh, and I just got the next historical fiction books for this month from Wal-mart. The Maverick Preacher by Victoria Bylin and The Marshal Takes a Bride by Renee Ryan. Just in case anyone wanted to find them. Barnes and Noble sells them too.

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 313 comments I just finished the Maverick Preacher! It was good. I hadn't read anything by that author. Now,on to The Marshal Takes a Bride.

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 313 comments :) Sounds good! And, I think I read The Hand Me Down Family, but can't remember for sure. It sounds familiar.

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 313 comments Oh yeah! Thanks!!

message 16: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 51 comments This the last one in the series right. I really want this one I have read the other two but have to wait to buy this one (a little think called money)

message 17: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 51 comments I see its book one. I loved the book It taught me so much about Texas in the early days. I do enjoy history and this was a great book. Book two is really good also and talks about the mexican man Sana Ana (I know I spelt it wrong)
I really want to read book 3 to see what happens next. They are fast paced and really good.
Margaret did you read the book?