Princess Academy (Princess Academy, #1) Princess Academy discussion

Dishonesty Rewarded

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cindy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:24AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cindy Did it bother anyone else that Bitta's parent's dishonesty was rewarded in the end?

message 2: by Lindsay (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lindsay I think that it actually adds a different angle. They were determined to be aligned with the royal family but they were both in love and so they were miserable when they thought it wouldn't work. So the dishonesty did not reward them so much as rewarding Bitta and the prince.

message 3: by Carmen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carmen they were friends and so it didnt matter. sometimes bad things are rewarded but that doesnt relly matter. and anyways I didnt even realize.

message 4: by Sarah (last edited Dec 29, 2007 08:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sarah Aly i think that the love between Bitta and the prince was so strong that they didn't even realize the dishonesty. Besides, as long as everyone came out happy in the end, it doesn't really matter.

message 5: by Violet (new)

Violet well, her parents WERE being dishonest, but Britta and the prince were already friends so it doesn't really matter. maybe all it means is that predictions aren't always true or something, cause the prince ended up perfectly fine with a lowlander, whereas the soothsayer person said that he would marry one of the girls on the mountain . . . ?

Malia i think that although Britta's parents WERE rewarded for being dishonest,both britta and the prince [and probebly the other chosen princess] would be unhappy so it turned out for the best anyways.

Sella Malin I don't think it matters. Britta and the prince were in love, so it was right for them to marry; I don't think he should have married anyone else.

message 8: by Clare (new)

Clare i thought it was wrong, but they were in love, and it wasn't Britta's fault!

Gayatri Britta's parents were dishonest and were rewarded that isn't fair!

Ashley It didn't bother me at all. I think it would have been worse if the two hadn't gotten married.

Amanda Fair? - life so often isn't and it's best to disabuse yourself of the notion that things should be fair. Less disappointment that way.

Have ya'll ever read this?

O What a Tangled Web We Weave When First We Practice To Deceive. But When We've Practiced for a While, How Greatly We Improve our Style?

message 12: by Barrie (last edited Sep 23, 2008 10:29AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Barrie Yep, I agree--life isn't fair; why shouldn't good books reflect the realities? If one of the main characters had benefited from a scam of their own with no mental, physical or spiritual discomfort, that might be a different issue.

message 13: by Katrina (last edited Oct 21, 2008 11:47AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katrina Na. There had to be a reason why the main character wasn't chosen, despite her being the best choice. Creating a character that the prince had already fallen in love with worked well, since I didn't predict it ahead of time.

Michelle Parker I recently attended an author signing where Shannon Hale was and she stated that there was meaning in everything she wrote, so maybe there was a hidden meaning somewhere. I think the academy was needed on the mountain. Even though the father was dishonest, the change was needed and life improved on the mountain and everyone ended up better for the academy being there and Bitta marrying the prince, not any one else.

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ reely it was britta and the prince who were rewarded cu they luved each other who cares about theyre parents

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Michelle wrote: "I recently attended an author signing where Shannon Hale was and she stated that there was meaning in everything she wrote, so maybe there was a hidden meaning somewhere. I think the academy was n..."

Me too! She visited on April 22 at the Logan Middle School. What about you? When did she visit your area?

Michelle Parker Same place!

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Wow!!! Were you there for questioning the authors time? Because this girl, asked if she could have the extra seat up on the stage and the authors said YES. So she got to sit up there RIGHT BY Brandon Mull!

Kirstyn Todd Have you read Palace of Stone? I think those of you who didn't like that Britta's parents were rewarded for their dishonesty will like the ending of that one... lol.