Reading is Sexy discussion

Introductions

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (last edited Jan 19, 2009 10:34AM) (new)

Megan (ciri) | 7 comments Mod
Please take a moment to introduce yourself! Include anything you'd like us to know :)

message 2: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Million (ellenmillion) | 3 comments I am Ellen! I do fantasy art and have lots of projects. I ordered my books 12 days ago and they didn't ship them until today, which makes me testy.

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan (ciri) | 7 comments Mod
That sucks Ellen!

I'm Megan. I work as a copyeditor and also have lots of projects. I started this group in an effort to get myself to read more.

message 4: by Stephanie (last edited Jan 20, 2009 08:00AM) (new)

Stephanie (stephny) | 2 comments I'm Stephanie :D
I work in a library >.>
I read quite a bit but I thought it would be fun to read with others, so I joined o.-

message 5: by Julsey (new)

Julsey | 1 comments I'm Juliana! I work from home doing customer support, and I have been wanting to get back into reading for a long time. Stephanie is also my little sister, and I tend to drag her along on things I get involved with. :]

message 6: by Katherine (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:46AM) (new)

Katherine (riney) | 4 comments I'm Katherine. Right now I'm a stay-at-home mom with my newly born little girl Milena. I (re-)read Water For Elephants in early January before she was born, which is good since now I barely have time to sit down and do anything other than eat or nurse.
I really didn't read much while I was pregnant (even though I LOVE reading!), so I'm excited to be a part of this group and get back to reading some good fiction!

message 7: by Georgette (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:41AM) (new)

Georgette (tarlia) I'm Gette. I work as a feature writer and reviewer. I used up the project whore quota in another life.

I have no problem with reading but I do have a problem in reading critically, which is no help if I have to review the book. I also rarely have a chance to discuss a book with friends reading the same thing.

To tell the truth, I've not yet acquired most the books on our list yet. The only one I have is The Graveyard Book, but now that I remember I'm part of this group, I'll go find at least the first one very soon.

message 8: by Syd (new)

Syd | 1 comments Hi everyone! I'm Syd, and I'm addicted to reading. I live in New Orleans and before Katrina I was in two book clubs, but book clubs seem to be slow in coming back here...I guess people are too busy fixing their houses, sigh. Anyway, I'm in my last semester of college (went back in my thirties) and I'm student teaching - middle school science. I've read Wonder Boys, Wind Up, and Robber Bride (three of my favorite authors), but I'll get out and get the other three soon.

message 9: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Million (ellenmillion) | 3 comments I finally got my books in the mail, horrah!