The Godfather (The Godfather, #1) The Godfather discussion

The godfather

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fince (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fince kisah mendunia menjadi sebuah pelajaran bagi kita dalam memahami hidup yang sukses dalam ekonomi dan keluarga. secara ekonomi meski jalur ilegal namun memiliki komitment yang kuat dalam untuk memutihkan semua bisnis gelap namun dalam cara pandang keluarga tetap menjadi utama....

Nick Mozzetti Mozzetti saya setuju itu buku fantastis dengan begitu banyak aksi dan drama

Alfie Are the details about the MAFIA, that can be found in this book, true?

message 4: by Adria (new) - added it

Adria I think maybe some, but I don't think Vito Corleone was an actual person.

Bukky I can't stop loving this book.I still go through it from time to time.

As for the details about the mafia,I believe most of them should be true.

Jan C There is probably a certain amount of fact. Maybe Corleone was based on a composite of mobsters.

The one about the horse being killed is a variation on an incident that took place in Chicago and was portrayed in the first Scarface movie.

So he probably also used composites of incidents, also.

message 7: by Henry (new)

Henry I agree with Don, "Fortunate Pilgrim" is a beautiful novel

Nick Mozzetti Mozzetti The Godfather was based on the MAFIA in general not just one family

Tracy I agree with Nick here, Vito was a composite character, not based on any one person. A great book on the history of organized crime in New York is Selwyn Raab's "The Five Families" It give you a true family tree of the Mafia.

Jihaad Albayaty awesome book loved it

message 11: by A. (new) - rated it 5 stars

A. Jr. Just the fact that Puzo mentions Al Capone in the book shows how he took real-life facts and molded them into his very well done novel.

message 12: by Souvik (last edited Nov 25, 2011 11:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Souvik Jana Every time i want to decide the way of behaving logical or reasonable, Vito Corleone comes to my mind.I think this book is going to have a mark on my personality.