I Write, Therefore, I Live discussion

Keeping Us Alive

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller I'm sure I've said this elsewhere, but this group is dying, so let's up the ante a little bit. If you have any ideas/suggestions/comments for making our group more active AND fun, let me know, and I'll definitely consider doing it.

Please, don't let our group fade away.

message 2: by Carole, bluest mod (new)

Carole B (caroleaburkett) | 138 comments Mod
LET'S DO IT~!~!
Okay, over caps lock now. Anyone have any good ideas for amping it up 'round here?

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Well, just by posting, it's being pulled to the top of everyone's list of groups.

message 4: by Carole, bluest mod (new)

That's good. What do you think about contests, Lauren?

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) idk. What exactly is a contest on Goodreads?

message 6: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) *sneaks up behind Lauren*

*jumps on her back*

ha ha! I caught you this time!

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) *laughs*

The back you see is one of my shadow doppelgangers. mwahahaha

message 8: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Lauren, you're just too good at this. But I'm a sore loser. Except when it comes to sports. I'm good at losing in sports. Anyway, back to the topic. You may have got me this time, but I will-- *starts to choke*

I'm okay. Just that an evil shadow doppelganger just gave me a dog flavored jellybean.
I will get you for real next time Lauren!

*laughs a good evil laugh*

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Berty Botts?

message 10: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Idk, go ask your doppelgangers. They were the ones that gave it to me.

message 11: by The New Maria (new)

The New Maria (emeraldmaria) | 85 comments Has everyone invited everyone they know?

message 12: by Carole, bluest mod (new)

I have. I think. I don't think I've got any more friends since then.

message 13: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Well, I'm glad there are new members.

message 14: by Carole, bluest mod (new)

Yes! Maketh me excited.

message 15: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) yesh. me too.

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) I invited a lot of people.

message 17: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) I don't have a lot of people to invite. Plus, my friends mainly just come on to update book statuses.

message 18: by The New Maria (new)

The New Maria (emeraldmaria) | 85 comments I get a bout 1 friend invite every 2 days, kinda annoying since I know like none of my friends.

message 19: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) lol

I refuse friend invites, my question is "how do I know you" and if they can't answer I ignore.

I hate the people with 0 books and 3432 friends.

message 20: by The New Maria (new)

The New Maria (emeraldmaria) | 85 comments Urgeth, I agree. This isn't Facebook and the more people who go on and don't read are turning it into that. Goodreads used to be a place where smart people talked to other smart people about smart things.

message 21: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) I like to look at the books I'm currently reading, and count how much more I have to read. Right now, I'm reading a book that's hard to understand (for me), but I'll just bear through it.

message 22: by The New Maria (new)

The New Maria (emeraldmaria) | 85 comments Hardest book I know of: Unbearable Lightness of Being. It's still kinda easy though... I know like no books too above my reading level.

message 23: by Arthur, Mod! discussion mod privilege (last edited Apr 16, 2009 07:25PM) (new)

Arthur | 80 comments Mod
I think Paige left the group, so she may not even see anything she posted.

But please rant and come up with solutions. Group discussions are a good idea.

message 24: by The New Maria (new)

The New Maria (emeraldmaria) | 85 comments We need to invite people! And then tell them to invite! And post adds! More members equal less dead!

message 25: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) I like it here, because you can meet people. You can't meet people on Facebook.

message 26: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Yeah, I agree with Lauren. On Facebook, you're supposed to only add people that you really know. I like this group, because there aren't tons of people. When there are tons of people, I can't keep up with the conversation.

Gah! I have to go to school soon and I haven't done my math hw!!

message 27: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) School? I've been in school for 15 minutes.

message 28: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) At school on the computer on Goodreads?

Well, I have to go to the bus stop soon. In 7 minutes.

message 29: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) I have a laptop at school. Everyone does.

message 30: by The New Maria (new)

The New Maria (emeraldmaria) | 85 comments Really? Stupid honorary program schools.

message 31: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Yeah. Macbooks.

message 32: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Lucky Lauren! Well, I'm in middle school. Today someone stole someone's iPod in the PE locker room. They were searching through backpacks and cutting open lockers.
I have a laptop, it just doesn't work very well. Plus, my mom's is always on, so I just get on and do things.

message 33: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) haha everything gets stolen in gym, because everyone is too stupid to lock their lockers.

message 34: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) I know! I heard one girl say, "Why did you lock your locker? No one locks their lockers anymore."

So stupid. That's two iPods I know stolen. Also, someone stole a teacher's laptop sometime this year. I stay out of all the trouble. Except I'm thinking about pulling a prank on a boy...

...not a bad one though.

message 35: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) lol

message 36: by The New Maria (new)

The New Maria (emeraldmaria) | 85 comments My friends and I have an awesome idea. We're going to go into the boys bathrooms and kiss all the mirrors in bright red lipstick, and wrap everything in pink tissue paper.

message 37: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Good luck with that. Boys go to the bathroom a lot. I think it's an AWESOME idea though! I learned a few of pranks from my sister's friend. Ex:
Put clear soap on the door handle so it will feel slimy and yuck.
Change the keys on the keyboard.
Put salt in water.
Put water in the bottom of the bowl, put it in the freezer, then say that you'll get a sibling/friend/parent cereal or some kind of food.

I can't think of the other ones right now.

message 38: by The New Maria (new)

The New Maria (emeraldmaria) | 85 comments Your sister's friend is genius.

message 39: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) And she's only 9 turning 10. Pretty creepy!

Here are some other simple pranks:
*Wet your hand with water, pretend to sneeze, and then sprinkle the water from your hand on them.
*Pour shampoo out of the bottle and replace it with honey.
*Add food coloring to the milk.

Those are all easy pranks. Old ones too. I've only tried the change keys on the keyboard, and put salt in water.

message 40: by The New Maria (new)

The New Maria (emeraldmaria) | 85 comments Hm... I want to know the website...

message 41: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Those are what my sister's friend said. No website that she told me of. I'll ask her tomorrow...

message 42: by The New Maria (new)

The New Maria (emeraldmaria) | 85 comments =D

message 43: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Love me, hate me, say what you want about me....

((I've been listening to music too often this week...))

message 44: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) GAH!

It's been getting slow around here.

message 45: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) I have music stuck in my head. Right now it's Where is the Love by the Black Eyed Peas

message 46: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) "compare books with Lauren
You and yourself have 858 books (or 100.00% of your library and 100.00% of her library) in common. Your tastes for those 858 ratings are 100% similar. "

I compared books with myself.

message 47: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Oh my gosh. Seriously? I couldn't have guessed that.

I have 150 pages of a book to read before tomorrow. I can do it!

message 48: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) YES YOU CAN!

All time record-I read the 5th harry potter book in a matter of hours.

message 49: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) My sister is ten and she finished the 1st book in two days. The 2nd in one day. I haven't really counted, but last my record was 220 pages in a matter of hours. I ACCIDENTALLY finished reading the book. I only meant to start the book.

message 50: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) I read the first one when I was 6. lol I read 5th (about 900 pages) in 12-ish hours.

I hate that! Then I have nothing to read til the next trip to the library

« previous 1