FATTIES UNITE! discussion

Thread Graveyard > Weigh-In: week of January 19, 2009

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) kicking it off for the week... down 0.6... thought it would be more because of the stomach flu, but I was at the mercy of what my body could and could not handle... down 38.2 overall

current weight - 269.2
next goal - 250
Targeting end of March... should be do-able

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony I'm still about thirty/thirty five down from Memorial Day...

I switched weight lifting strategies and adding more running to mix up the straight elliptical cardio workouts. I also started doing leg lifts. I might get a body fat analysis soon...wish I had one earlier for compare/contrast...because I hope I'm building muscle and losing fat. Anyway, I do find myself eating a bit more in winter...but I can live with that...

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 557 comments Mod
Down from 175.4 last week.

:)

message 4: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) Nice Going Amanda!!!

message 5: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Good job, Manders!

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Thanks guys!!!!! LET'S HUG!

message 7: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) I'm really nervous about getting on the scale this week. I didn't lose last week and I've been working out a lot. I'm also increasing the amount of weights I'm using when I weight lift. Physically, I can see a change and because I've been rowing, I can row harder and longer. I just have to get the numbers out of my head.

Good job all on your losses! Keep it up... or should I say keep it down!

mary elizabeth  Williams Hi all, glad to hear everyone is doing well in this wintry weather. i am up 0.6, so up 4 pounds total from the middle of december. not bad, i gotta keep it in perspective. i am really going to step it up next week, and stay in control on saturday (when i will be working, and which usually ends up being an out of control day for me). i have a plan, and am taking action, so hopefully next week i will have better numbers to report.
everyone keep up the good work, and hope for warmer days! everyone think: tropical island paradise and pina colada's.

mary elizabeth  Williams Petunia wrote: "I'm really nervous about getting on the scale this week. I didn't lose last week and I've been working out a lot. I'm also increasing the amount of weights I'm using when I weight lift. Physical..."

hi petunia, the number this week might not be as good a measurement as your extra endurance. the fact that you took a step to start rowing is a sign of something positive! keep it down!!! :P

message 10: by GraceAnne (new)

GraceAnne Tremain | 14 comments Not a great week for me:

I actually gained .06% this week, but I am still down 2.56% from the beginning. I have some catching up to do.

message 11: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 90 comments Mod
Yeah for Amanda!

message 12: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 90 comments Mod
Check out this website - got it in an email from "Diet Detective" this morning. An elementary school in Georgia is sugar free! For 10 Years!

http://www.dietdetective.com/content/...

message 13: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) Down 1 lb this week, 172. After last week, I'll take what I can get.

message 14: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 90 comments Mod
I weighed in tonight. I'm up 2 pounds, I knew I would be, I ate everything that wasn't nailed down... no wonder I feel yucky. Went to the store, bought fresh fruit, carrots, lettuce, celery, WW bread, Fiber One Cereal. This weekend I'm cleaning off my treadmill, cross my heart. So now I'm up 4 pounds from my first goal. Tomorrow, a new day, a new start, a new attitude! WALK, WALK, WALK

message 15: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) Good attitude Deb!! Next week will be great.

message 16: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 90 comments Mod
Well a new week, took my lunch today, 1/2 turkey sandwich and a salad. For dinner I had planned chicken parm (I can't spell) but it was one of those Bertolli frozen things and I should have bought two, so I let the family eat that I had WW Sweet & Sour Chicken, which I REALLY like, so everything turned out good. And thanks for listening to me whine!

message 17: by Amanda (new)

No worries! Keep whinin' if that's where you are. Just know that we're rootin' for ya!!!!!!!! It's about getting healthy so you can live a long long time!

message 18: by Amanda (new)

PS. It's not like the rest of us (ok, maybe just me) haven't done our fair share of whining!!!

message 19: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 90 comments Mod
Thanks, I did minutes for a meeting today for a cardiac surgeon; they talked about diabetes in overweight people and heart disease. It scared the socks off of me! I didn't have any chocolate all day! (although I'm about to eat a "Skinny Cow" ice cream!) hehehehehehe
Hey a lady in my WW group has lost 68 pounds and eats ice cream every day, but she will tell you it's either Weight Watchers or Skinny Cow! Has anyone tried the new Baskin Robbins ice cream?

message 20: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) I haven't tried the Baskin Robbins, but I love the WW ice cream sandwiches (rounds) and the chocolate cruch covered chocolate icecream on a stick... yummy! 2 Pts and I do have one almost every day!

message 21: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 90 comments Mod
my kids went and tried the Baskin Robbins new ice cream and said they were good. I'll stick to WW or Skinny Cow, ya know apples and carrots tasted good to!! HA HA........

message 22: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) Be very wary of the "it's ok" endorsements!!! They are not overly convincing... lol... I tend to stick with the things I know I like until the new thing goes on sale! The "diet" products are too expensive to experiment on!