Legend (Legend, #1) Legend discussion

Legend movie update from Marie Lu!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 941) (941 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

message 1: by Ara (last edited Jul 19, 2012 03:45AM) (new) - added it

Ara http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2012/07...

I agree with her. If the characters don't stay true to themselves and aren't believable then it wouldn't matter how good Legend the movie is, it will fail. That is the one thing that movie book adaptions fail at is character development. Like for me in The Hunger Games. The characters felt so flat and one dimensional that I didn't care for them at all in the movie. I don't know if it was because of the poor acting or because of the poor screenplay but it failed to me. And if Marie Lu likes the changes in the script then we shouldn't worry so much. Legend (I hope) will be awesome. Ben Barnes for Metias, totally can see that.

This is an awesome fan made trailer by the way:

http://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-googl...

☆♥☆Kotyonok★♡★ ITS GOING TO BE A MOVIE??????? I just finished it yesterday by staying up til four am (or technically today) AHHHHHHHHHHHH! *faint*

message 3: by Ara (last edited Jul 24, 2012 11:52AM) (new) - added it

Ara Katrin (kitkatkathy!) wrote: "ITS GOING TO BE A MOVIE??????? I just finished it yesterday by staying up til four am (or technically today) AHHHHHHHHHHHH! *faint*"

Yes, the first draft of the script has been sent to CBS Films. Once the film is greenlighted the casting process will begin, etc.

Izzy Lightfleur ~ ON HIATUS There's gonna be a movie! OMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finished this, like, two days ago and LOVED IT! CAN'TWAIT,CAN'TWAIT,CAN'TWAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

As long as the movie doesn't suck, I'll be ok

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ This better ACTUALLY be a movie, unlike all those books that they sell the rights but nothing ever happens.

message 7: by Rachel (last edited Aug 27, 2012 08:29AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rachel i am so excited! the book was amazing and i bet the movie will be just as good! ℂᖺᗩᖇᒪἷᙓ §Gale§, i agree with you. i hate when the say a book will be a movie but then it never comes out so this better.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ Ikr! Like Maze Runner, and Gone, and all those other books :(

Jared How is the book becoming a movie!! No offense to fans of this book but i can think of many they should be making a movie before this series! Like gone by Micheal grant!

Jenni Rascal Yay for a movie!!!! So excited!

message 11: by Tara (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tara ℂᖺᗩᖇᒪἷᙓ §Gale§ wrote: "Ikr! Like Maze Runner, and Gone, and all those other books :("

I agree with the suggestion like Maze Runner....what a great series!

Nilda Serrano I'm so excited for Legend to become a movie but I'm kinda worried that it won't come out well. Movies always have a way of ruining books so I'm kinda scared at seeing the movie. I'm scared and excited at the same time

Ilana i heard that it was optioned but not really that it was going to for sure be made in to a movie or series. i think that it would be interesting, but the challenge that i have right now is that with all of the interest behind Divergent coming out and others like it (delirium becoming a show) and HG, i just think that people might get a bit over spent on the category and then they won't have such GREAT feelings towards the series that we do.

message 14: by Ara (new) - added it

Ara Ilana wrote: "i heard that it was optioned but not really that it was going to for sure be made in to a movie or series. i think that it would be interesting, but the challenge that i have right now is that wit..."

Well last I heard they were finishing the script so maybe we will actually see it on the big screen

message 15: by Leni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leni Wait. Woah, woah, woah, wait. Since when is this going to be a movie!? Not that I'm bummed; THIS IS GREAT! AAHHHH! JUMPING FOR FREAKING JOY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoo! Sorry! The book is perfect for being turned into a movie. They CAN'T screw it up.

Amanda Actually just read an interview with marie lu on EW where they had a sneak peak of the cover to Champion and she said the script is finished and that they were looking for a director. So once they find the director the casting process where follow shortly after. So yeah I think Legend will become a film!!!!! :D :D

message 17: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Ferguson Ilana wrote: "i heard that it was optioned but not really that it was going to for sure be made in to a movie or series. i think that it would be interesting, but the challenge that i have right now is that wit..."

i agree. that's also what i was thinking! i mean, it's gonna have to compete with Divergent and Catching Fire and even Maze Runner possibly. and with Catching Fire being the sequel to an already HUGE first movie and part of a world phenomenon level fandom, that is gonna be a hard expectation to live up to. i mean, don't get me wrong, this trilogy has been great so far and the characters are pretty awesome, but it is yet another dystopian survival story in a genre that is steadily becoming recycled and reused. i mean, this is just my opinion, but i feel that Legend may be trampled underfoot by all the other huge franchises. i hope not, but we'll see.

and even though they say the script is almost done and they will soon be able to look for a director, the movie making business is still a very fragile and tentative process. take for example Maggie Stiefvater's "Shiver" trilogy. the first one was optioned for a movie, but she had different ideas and a different "Vision" than the director and production crew, and it is now a no go. and yes, i understand Legend is very different from that series but i am just trying to say to all the people here who think the movie is going to go steadily along, and be made in a flash, that it could crash at any time. Many movies have failed because they were unable to find a director who would stay with the project and commit to it.

message 18: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Ferguson Jared wrote: "How is the book becoming a movie!! No offense to fans of this book but i can think of many they should be making a movie before this series! Like gone by Micheal grant!"

i agree. i was able to talk with Michael about it at a book signing a while back and he said he has had no luck with finding someone who will agree to make the movie or who he feels would be a suitable person to produce it. so hopefully someday it will be a movie. :)

message 19: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Ferguson Yanira wrote: "http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2012/07...

I agree with her. If the characters don't stay true to themselves and aren't believable then it wouldn't matter how goo..."

absolutely. if they pick actors and actresses that, for example, look like they are 25 when they are supposed to be playing a 15 year old, there is something wrong. for example, Beautiful Creatures. To me, those actors looked as though they were 30 years old. the guy did anyways. and if this eventually becomes a movie, i hope they pick unknown kids, like kids who are just starting out or who have been supporting roles in one or two recent movies. just give us a fresh set of faces. not these recycled and "rode hard" disney princes and princesses. and it would also be cool if they could pick someone for June who is actually a mix of Native American and Hispanic and someone for Day who is Mongolian and Russian (Marie Lu described their ethnicity in an MTV interview) or at least someone who comes close to those descriptions. i will be pissed if they pick someone like Kylie or Kendall Jenner. just no. Please no reality starlets whose sister is known for a sex tape.

message 20: by Leni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leni Ariana wrote: "Actually just read an interview with marie lu on EW where they had a sneak peak of the cover to Champion and she said the script is finished and that they were looking for a director. So once they ..."

Ahh!

message 21: by No1 (new) - rated it 5 stars

No1 I would LOVE to see the movie but, like what happened with the Hunger Games, the book tells the story from the character's point of view and, unless you can hear her/his thoughts, i think it's going to losse a big part of what made me love this book. Example: when June realizes that he is Day, she doesn't say anything, it all happens in her head, all her deductions and thinking ara a HUGE part of the book.
Is it only me who thinks like that?

Again, i really want to watch the movie but i don't want it to damage my... I mean, in my mind i have my perfe image built and what if the movie doesn't match my expectations???

message 22: by Amanda (last edited May 07, 2013 05:52PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amanda Ruth wrote: "I would LOVE to see the movie but, like what happened with the Hunger Games, the book tells the story from the character's point of view and, unless you can hear her/his thoughts, i think it's goin..."

It will have to take some amazing actors to pull that off. I've only witness a view movies where the actors seem to be able to show the audience what they are thinking without saying anything.

message 23: by No1 (new) - rated it 5 stars

No1 I agree, this movie can be a total success and the best movie ever or a total disaster. I really hope it's the first option!

The Reading Otter Ruth wrote: "I would LOVE to see the movie but, like what happened with the Hunger Games, the book tells the story from the character's point of view and, unless you can hear her/his thoughts, i think it's goin..."

Well like with every adaptation, you cant make everybody happy. I just don't want them to mess up June and Day in the casting, if you mess those two up the movie wont work. I just hope they are able to find a blonde boy from asian decent to play Day, to me that is kind of important thing not to change.

Bella Wow! A movie! So exciting! Although I agree with everything about the mind process. Hunger Games was a huge let down (I mean I went to the midnit premier for that?!!! Hopefully Catching Fire will be better!) Also- it will have to fight with Divergent and Hunger Games (OMG! Love Divergent...) Well whatever happens, I love this book and can't wait for Champion.

Elise why is this the first time i've heard of this?? though I guess I shouldn't be surprised, everything's a book to movie adaptation these days...but wow. This is going to be a kick ass movie!! I am soooo excited!!!! I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!!!!

Christine Yanira wrote: "http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2012/07...

NO WAY THREE GREAT BOOKS ARE BECOMING MOVIES DIVERGENT< MATCHED AND LEGEND AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with her. If the characters don't stay true to themselves and aren't believable then it wouldn't matter how goo..."

Frankie Chirico I loved the book and hope they get the characters right in the movie

message 29: by Leni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leni Same here.

Hailey I'm really happy they are making so many good new book to movies, but I just hope that they're good

Karina C.L Ben Barnes como Metias? ME ENCANTARÍA!

Jonah Felix I just found out that they have recruited johnathan levine to be the director. He is the director of 50/50 and warm bodies so i have no doubt in my mind that he would be a great director for legend. But he hasn't fully accepted the offer yet. Has anyone heard anything???? By the way, i loved legend and prodigy champion comes out all the way in nov so is divergent really a good book?

Angelina OMG! I finished the Legend series a long time ago and was hoping there'd be a movie. Can't wait!

Katelyn It's going to be a movie? What? I don't think The Hunger Games' movie was too bad. I mean, yeah, they messed up a lot. But I think the actors did their best portraying the characters as they themselves.
Anyway, I can't wait for the movie!

tan tee may I CANT WAIT!!!!! Marie Lu has good taste i think Ben Barnes would do perfectly playing Metias too!!! directors should listen to the authors more often. their
imagined characters are almost the same to us readers!!! i watched a fan made trailer for Legend, and it was simply awesome. gave me alot hope for the movie! they'll need to find someone with a lasting stamina to play Day though, cause he does all sorts of the parkour thing and impossibly high jumps

Alisa I CAN'T BELIEVE IT legend is going to be a movie!!!!!!Anyone know about what year will the movie be out?

Aubrey B Met-eis? I always thought it was Met-i-is!

Daisy97 Zajicek I think Willa Holland should June! She looks the part!

message 39: by Ben (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ben Brown I just finished it yesterday. It was amazing!!! When is the release date for the movie?

Genesis Yanira wrote: "http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2012/07...

I agree about the Hunger Games thing. I didn't feel so attached to the characters in the movie as I was to the book characters. Rue's death to someone who hadn't read the book wasn't such a big deal as to someone who read the book. That's why I kinda cried because I felt attached unlike some people around me who just sat there and felt a little sorry but had no emotional attachment. And in the end you don't feel the awkwardness between Katniss and Peeta because you don't know what happened unless you read the book.
I'm scared for this wonderful series to be made into a movie. It might ruin the books image.

Genesis Nilda wrote: "I'm so excited for Legend to become a movie but I'm kinda worried that it won't come out well. Movies always have a way of ruining books so I'm kinda scared at seeing the movie. I'm scared and exci..."
I really don't want it to become a movie. Just like you said it can be ruined..like The Hunger Games

message 42: by Jazz (last edited Jun 26, 2013 09:00AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jazz Genesis wrote: "I really don't want it to become a movie. Just like you said it can be ruined..like The Hunger Games"

I completely agree with you and not to be mean in any way, I didn't think the trailer was good. Just to be more specific of what I mean, I watched College Humor's Dora the Explorer trailer (although it was just for fun), it was waaaaay better I believe. Anyways, The trailer honestly made me not want to watch the movie. When I read the book, I was tossed between wanting to watch a movie of it or just keeping the visual of the characters that I have in my head. LOL

I just don't want to look at a movie that was rushed just because of it's popularity (like the first Percy Jackson movie) and feel disappointed with it. I still have high hopes that time and effort will be put in this movie. Fingers crossed.

Genesis Jazzy wrote: "Genesis wrote: "I really don't want it to become a movie. Just like you said it can be ruined..like The Hunger Games"

I completely agree with you and not to be mean in any way, I didn't think the..."

I think you're talking about the THG trailer correct? I thought it was good because I'm a hardcore fan and I was so hyped for the movie but the movie wasn't all that great. And I was so disappointed in who they chose for Cinna because that is not how I imagined him at ALL and so did a bunch of other people.
But you're correct :)

Gemma Fennessy OMG MOVIE TIME!!! I WILL SEE IT AS SOON AS IT COMES OUT! AMAZEBALLS! FANGURLING ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!

Christina Nakazaki I'm actually going to be teaching this book with my 8th graders this Check out the trailer that they'll watch: http://youtu.be/nYHZQihZxIc

Hawazen When is the movie coming out!!

message 47: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Ferguson Genesis wrote: "Nilda wrote: "I'm so excited for Legend to become a movie but I'm kinda worried that it won't come out well. Movies always have a way of ruining books so I'm kinda scared at seeing the movie. I'm s..."

i agree with both of you, Genesis and Nilda. i really don't want this to be a movie just because of the fact that it's highly popular. what i mean is because of the popularity, a lot of people are going to want to see it which means they may rush the production and then it will flop just like beautiful creatures, the host, and mortal instruments, all of which were very popular book series. the book is just so complex and a lot of elements such as characters' reactions to certain things are internal so most of the decision making or emotions will not translate to screen well enough. its gonna take one heck of an actor and actress to pull these roles off, and even then there is still the huge possibility that they'll fall short. i'm just afraid that when i see it it will be like, "omg wth is this crap?!" because i had such high expectations while reading it and set descriptions of characters that my whole experience and idea of who the characters are will be ruined. and i don't want that to happen. i'd rather it stay a book for a while. let more people find it and read it and become attached. THEN discuss the possibility of a movie adaptation. they really shouldn't jump into things so fast. but since that won't happen, i suggest Hailee Steinfeld (sp?) as June. she is an amazing actress and looks like she could really pull it off. she has the hair and the facial features that make me think of what june might look like! she's set to star as Juliet in Romeo and Juliet along side Douglas Booth.

Fairley Lloyd I had no idea "Legend" was going to be a movie. I am so excited :D

Yanira wrote: "http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2012/07...

I agree with you--the characters do need to stay true to themselves. They were the main reasons I loved the book: the story was interesting, but the characters were what made it stand out. Especially June. She was awesome.

I have to disagree with you, though, about Hunger Games. I felt like most of the actors were good for their roles; Woodley Harrelson (not sure if that's how you spell it) was spot on as Haymitch, and the actress who played Effie was perfect. Jennifer Lawerence was fabolus as Katniss, and the guy who played Ceaser was just SO good. But I didn't think Josh Hucherson was good for Peeta; he just didn't seem like the character I read in the book.

But enough of Hunger Games--this is about Legend, after all. I really hope they choose their actors carefully, because I loved the book and would be horribly disappointed if the movie fails my expectations.

message 49: by MT (new) - rated it 5 stars

MT OK.
IF THEY MESS THE MOVIE UP, I WILL FREAKING KILL EVERYONE.
THIS BOOK'S MOVIE ADAPTATION BETTER BE GOOD (well duh its not gonna measure up to the book) AND THE CASTING BETTER BE PERFECT TOO.
YOU KNOW WHY?
Cuz the book was absolutely perfect ❤

∞ MT ∞

Amanda Rosie wrote: "all we really know so far is that:
-the rights are held by CBS films.
-Wyck Godfrey and Marty Bowen are the producers
-Jonathan Levine is the director
-Newcomers Andrew Barrer and Gabe Ferrari ..."

I believe Jonathan Levine is no longer directing it supposedly because he didn't want to do another YA book after Warm Bodies. I saw an interview with Marie Lu in Comic Con where she said they had a couple of directors lined up and she was excited to see who they'd choose

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Legend (other topics)
The Young Elites (other topics)
The Program (other topics)
More...