Inkheart (Inkworld, #1) Inkheart discussion

finished

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nancy This was a great book. The author really loves books. I enjoyed the book quotes at the begining of each chapter. The movie is going to be very different than the book. I hope I like that take too.

Nada I really liked the book too! I was looking forward to the movie, but then I found out Brendan Fraiser was playing Mo, so I have a feeling the movie will be terrible...

Nancy So funny One friend thinks that he isn't who she saw when she read the books. But another friend is reading the book since Brendan fraiser is in the movie. The movie has things from The Wizard of Oz and that's not in the book. I hope that is a fun way to tell the story.

Leslie I agree....I think Brenden Frasier is fine, but not at all who I'd put in as Mo. Hmmm... I might cast an older version of the guy who plays superman. I think it'll be really tough to make the movie follow the book...I hope they do it justice!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

just because Brenden Frasier is in it does not mean it will be bad.

message 6: by Annalisa (last edited Jan 29, 2009 08:31AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Annalisa I did not like the movie but for different reasons than I expected. Not a Brenden Fraser fan, but he did fine. Dustfinger, Capricorn, Meg all good, Basta not so much (didn't care much for Farid either, but he played the part alright). What I did not like about the movie is what they did to the ending. They messed too much with the integrity of who can write and who can read and tied it up so there is no need for a sequel. I liked the movie until the over-the-top ending. Has anyone else seen it?

Annelyse you have probally seen my review on the other disscusion for Inkheart about the movie but if you havent i would like to say that i hate Rafi Gavron as Farid.....HATE HIM! everything they made about him in the movie to me was wrong

Juliet I liked this book but the two after are kind of confusing, I couldn't really get into them.

Aeyla I thought the beginning of the book was really slow, but once you get further into it, it is really good. If you haven't read the second and third books, you should. Like so many other series out there, the story improves the further you go.

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Annalisa said: I did not like the movie but for different reasons than I expected. Not a Brenden Fraser fan, but he did fine. Dustfinger, Capricorn, Meg all good, Basta not so much (didn't care much for Farid either, but he played the part alright). What I did not like about the movie is what they did to the ending. They messed too much with the integrity of who can write and who can read and tied it up so there is no need for a sequel. I liked the movie until the over-the-top ending. Has anyone else seen it?

I have. The ending is ALL WRONG. Dustfinger is not supposed to leave until the next book!!!!! Maybe they just wanted to make a one movie/series. ARGH!!!

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Juliet wrote: "I liked this book but the two after are kind of confusing, I couldn't really get into them."

I didn't think so. Loved Inkdeath especially. My favorite characters are: Meggie, Doria, Mo, and Despina.
:)

Lyndsey I seriously disliked meggie in the last 2 as well as Mo. They were really annoying, self centered, Winny, and greedy. (most of that was just meggie though)

Night Fury haha. well said Lyndsey =P

Lyndsey Hahaha, Thank you! *bows*

Lyndsey That's just my oppinon though!

message 17: by Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) (last edited Oct 19, 2011 02:49PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Okay. That works to. I kinda agree that Meggie and Mo are just a bit selfish, but, not too much.

Whitney The books are really neat. Never watch the movie...

message 21: by Gauri (new)

Gauri Kohli an exclusive interview with Cornelia Funke!