Challenge: 50 Books discussion

New here...

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

TheReadingKnitter/ Kasey (thereadingknitter) Just wanted to put up a post and introduce myself. I'm a 25 (almost 26) year old from North Carolina. I love to read and I get most of my books from the library! :) My goal is 75 books for the year of 2009 but I'm going to shot for 50 first. Thanks for letting me be part of the grou.

message 2: by Danine (new)

Danine (dulcemea) Welcome both of you! Good luck this year. We look forward to see what you've read.

Rebecca-Book collecting is very dangerous. You will need to get a bigger house or have the children share a room :)

message 3: by Molly (new)

Molly | 330 comments What's wrong with the library ? :0)

message 4: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) I am also new to the group. I get almost all of my books from the library also. I'm trying for 100 books this year. I will be happy with 50-75 books also. I always aim high. I'm Randi. I love to read and write. I am looking forward to being in this group this year.

TheReadingKnitter/ Kasey (thereadingknitter) Welcome to the group Randi!

See I absolutely LOVE libraries...I find that I only read a book once so why buy it? But I've decided recently (I don't have children yet but I work in daycare) that I'm going to start buying children's books for my future children and for any children I work with. I feel reading to a child is VERY important.

message 6: by Molly (new)

Molly | 330 comments I do not yet have any children but having majored in Elementary Education I did collect many childrens books along the way which I now loan out to neighbors, nieces and nephews. I also make sure to buy them plenty of books as gifts each year.

I thin out my personal bookshelves once every few years and donate them to the library - holding on to only a small handful with sentimental value that I like to re-read.

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) Sorry forgot to say hi in here. I am new too. Just joined about a week ago.

message 8: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (STigard) Hi, there - I'm also new to this group. Hopefully it will help me read more, as that's one of my 2009 goals. Glad to be here!

message 9: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinamats) Hi! I'm new here too. :) I started the 50 book challenge last year, but I didn't get to 50. This year I'm starting again and I'm really excited to pick up books and read. I still have a LOOOOONG list of to-be-read books, and the list keeps on growing (eep!).

I'm trying to curb my book collection by going for ebooks, which is cheaper at times and I can transfer them to my iPod and read even when I'm in the car and it's dark. Which just makes my TBR list longer.

Oh and I am one book lover without a bookshelf yet. Boo.

So hi! *waves*

message 10: by Mary Todd (new)

Mary Todd (marytodd) | 924 comments welcome! and good reading!

message 11: by John-Paul (new)

John-Paul | 46 comments Hi all! I'm new here as well.

message 12: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) Welcome Tianna. I am a fellow New Yorker myself. Wow you to read lot.

message 13: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) Tianna,
Me too but unfortunately I only have the hour before I go to bed everynight that I force myself to stay awake and read my book. I live in Dix Hills now but I grew up in Merrick.

message 14: by Tia (new)

Tia (proceedcyclone) | 41 comments Tina wrote: "...I'm trying to curb my book collection by going for ebooks, which is cheaper at times and I can transfer them to my iPod and read even when I'm in the car and it's dark..."

I'm jealous. heh.

message 15: by Tango (new)

Tango I've just joined this group. I figure that as I've already read about 6 books this year so far I might have a go at 50 in a year.

message 16: by Ed (new)

Ed (ejhahn) | 235 comments Tianna wrote: "Hello, I'm new here. My name is Tianna, and I'm a very avid reader. This past summer, I read over 100 books between the month on June and September. I'm excited to be a part of this challenge and g..."

When do you eat and sleep? Oh, maybe you read while you eat. I used to do that. Are you a speed reader? I can do about 50 pages an hour on fiction and 30-40 on non-fiction. To read 100 350 page books in three months, I would have to read 7 and a half to 8 and a half hours a day. I'm impressed. These weren't graphic novels were they? (smile)