Nia Virtual Book Tours discussion

Authors > Authors: Tell Us About Your Book.

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dana (last edited Jan 18, 2009 05:00PM) (new)

Dana (niapromotions) | 44 comments Mod
We'd like to learn more about your book.

Dana Pittman
Founder of Nia Virtual Book Tours

message 2: by T.L. (last edited Jan 18, 2009 05:32PM) (new)

T.L. James (tljames) The MPire: In Search of the Lost an enchanted journey into Mallory Haulm’s world; struggling to obtain the ultimate reign of power of biblical proportions filled with family drama and corporate greed.

Photobucket

TL James
www.authortljames.com

message 3: by T.L. (last edited Jan 18, 2009 05:29PM) (new)

T.L. James (tljames) The MPire: Death Cometh divulges secrets that move Heaven and Earth. Mallory Haulm is Death. Dad won’t relinquish control. Who will survive?

[image error]

TL James
www.authortljames.com

message 4: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Darkchild (brooklyndarkchild) | 8 comments My book This Ain't No Hearts and Flowers Love Story is about two people, street thug Obie and rich girl Princess, who've been bound together since childhood by being motherless. They might love each other with all their hearts but they are total and complete opposites, right down to their skin color. Is their burning love enough to overcome all their baggage?

message 5: by Brooklyn (new)

message 6: by Nikki (last edited Jan 29, 2009 10:22AM) (new)

Nikki Nicole (NikkiNicole) | 1 comments The name of my book is A Little Bit of Sin it is available online at various sources.

Sinatra Graham is a focused business woman, supportive wife to husband Tyrelle, and loving mother juggling four children: sixteen-year-old gang-banger-in training Kerry and thirteen-year-old twins Shirelle the cheerleader and TJ the wanna-be cheerleader. Between chauffeuring them to cheer, football practices and games and being a dutiful wife to an anxious husband whose single friend, Vernon, is livin’ la vida loca, Sinatra barely has time to blink. At work at her beauty salon, She's Gotta Have It, with close friends, barbers Perry and Ignacio, manicurist Mai, and her cousin, the pretentious Berta, there’s never a dull moment especially after they get new neighbors on the block. Life for Sinatra is all peaches and cream until she discovers a smear of lipstick on her husband’s boxer-briefs that is definitely not her shade and her once picture perfect existence is shattered forcing Sinatra into a vortex of doubt and turmoil causing her to question if life as she knows it will ever be the same. She is then forced to reexamine, redirect and rededicate herself to what's really important…her sanity, her family or her next move.
For more info go to http://www.booksbynikkinicolegc.blogs... or http://www.myspace.com/thagstands4

message 7: by Dana (new)

Welcome NikkiNicole!

NikkiNicole wrote: "The name of my book is A Little Bit of Sin it is available online at various sources.

Sinatra Graham is a focused business woman, supportive wife to husband Tyrelle, and loving mother juggling fou..."

message 8: by Roy (new)

Roy (mplwdscribe) | 1 comments Hello all. My name is Roy Pickering and I'm proud to announce that my debut novel PATCHES OF GREY has been published by M.U.D. House Books and is now available for purchase from Amazon.com. It is a tale of reckless ambition, boundless optimism, ironclad convictions, bitter disillusionment, the complexity of race relations, the confusion of self exploration, naïveté of first love, inevitability of heartbreak, and the demise of innocence. I hope some of you decide to check it out, and for those who do, I love to receive feedback from my readers so please don't by shy. Below is a synopsis and I've also posted an excerpt here at Good Reads that hopefully will whet some appetites. Happy reading.

Synopsis: Tony Johnson is a studious young man planning to soon graduate from much more than high school. Although his zip code places him in a Bronx tenement, his sights are set far beyond the trappings of his humble upbringing. Collegiate dreams combined with falling in love with a white classmate put him strongly at odds with his father. Although his brother C.J.’s rebellious ways place him on gang ruled streets and directly in the path of danger, and the virginal innocence of their sister Tanya is clearly approaching its demise, it is Tony who incurs the majority of Lionel Johnson’s wrath for the sins of ambition, daring to be with Janet Mitchell, and refusing to bend to his father’s will. Seeing unrealized goals reincarnated in the eyes of his eldest son harshly remind Lionel of what once could have been, and of what went wrong. His own childhood in a segregated southern town established a bitter, prejudiced outlook that is the only legacy he has to pass down to his children. When his job and role as primary breadwinner are lost, Lionel’s authority quickly erodes and he drowns his disappointment one drink at a time. This affords Tony, who lacks the seemingly servile patience of his mother, an opportunity to assert his right to become the man he wants to be rather than allowing his fate to be set by chance and circumstance. But throughout the course of Roy Pickering’s debut novel, Tony comes to learn that the world is not as black and white as he and his father’s opposing mindsets would suggest.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASI...

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3...

Patches of Grey

Patches of Grey by Roy L. Pickering Jr.

message 9: by Author (last edited Feb 02, 2009 09:36AM) (new)

Author (KilltheMessengerGemini) | 4 comments Kill the Messenger Gemini A Small Novel by Johanna Nimley
"Kill the Messenger: Gemini"
My book includes the characters Ra, Gemini, and Lucifer. Gemini is the messenger. Lucifer is the root of all evil. This is speculative sci fi, historical, fantasy and a thriller.

message 10: by Jean (last edited Feb 02, 2009 07:44PM) (new)

Jean Holloway (jeanholloway) Hi, I'm Jean Holloway, author of "Ace of Hearts", an erotic thriller with an intelligent Black woman as the Heroine.

Set in 1981, Shevaughn Robinson is the first Black female homicide detective in a fictitious NY town.
She begins investigating an especially gruesome murder case, which quickly evolves into serial murders. Right before they find the first victim, she meets Tony O'Brien, a reporter interested in doing a piece on her and her career. Sparks fly.

Shevaughn follows murder after murder trying to solve the case, not realizing the murderer is a man who not only is obsessed with death, but becoming more and more obsessed with her.

Brewing is a sensual love story between Shevaughn and Tony. They overcome several obstacles, one of which is the police suspecting Tony might be the murderer.

The killer watches the relationship blossom from afar and plots its demise.

You can reach out to me via my website: www.deckofcardz.com
Peace,
[image error]

message 11: by Dana (new)

Thank you all for joining us. Please let others know about this group.

Dana
Nia Promotions

message 12: by Herbert (new)

Herbert | 5 comments "Do Clones Have Souls", is a book that is as intriguing as its title. It is a thinking mans novel that challenges our values and stimulates our imagination.It is a political thriller rich with insight, suspense and energy.
It explores our ideas on race, religion and culture through the eyes of Clones, Americas newest and most despised group.Religious conservatives declare them inhuman, an abomination. The Supreme Court rules that Clones are unnaturally born and have no rights. The government needs them to fight three wars and corporations want to use them for body parts or free labor in dismal economic times.
The central character, Clint is a powerful man who has killed many times . He and those he represents have decided to kill the President. In the interval between that decision and the assasination attempt, Clint is drawn to people and ideas that change his thinking. He ponders the meaning of existence, love and the afterlife. He joins a resistance group that fights for justice for the Clones. His journey provides both spellbinding action and provacative questions for the readers enjoyment.

message 13: by T.L. (new)

T.L. James (tljames) WOW! I might have to read this one.

Herbert wrote: ""Do Clones Have Souls", is a book that is as intriguing as its title. It is a thinking mans novel that challenges our values and stimulates our imagination.It is a political thriller rich with insi..."

message 14: by Herbert (new)

Herbert | 5 comments T.L. wrote: "WOW! I might have to read this one.

Herbert wrote: ""Do Clones Have Souls", is a book that is as intriguing as its title. It is a thinking mans novel that challenges our values and stimulates ..."

message 15: by Herbert (new)

Herbert | 5 comments Thanks, T.L.,

That was so spontaneous and generous.

Peace, herb

message 16: by T.L. (new)

T.L. James (tljames) Where can I get it? (Being an author, I do understand that some place, you receive more royalities/money.

Herbert wrote: "Thanks, T.L.,

Peace, herb"

message 17: by Herbert (new)

Herbert | 5 comments Hi T.L.,
Thanks for putting a bow on the present. Booklocker.com is where i will get 30% but it will cost the full price of $17.00. I would feel better if you got it at $12.68 as advertised on Amazon.Please take the discount. Thanks for being thoughtful and for a review i will always remember. I hope Clones meets or exceeds your expectations.
Peace, herb

T.L. wrote: "Where can I get it? (Being an author, I do understand that some place, you receive more royalities/money.

Peace, herb"

"

Peace, herb"

Peace, herb"

message 18: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Darkchild (brooklyndarkchild) | 8 comments Herbert,
I might hafta read that myself. That's a question I never thought of.

message 19: by Herbert (new)

Herbert | 5 comments Herbert wrote: "Hi T.L.,
Thanks for putting a bow on the present. Booklocker.com is where i will get 30% but it will cost the full price of $17.00. I would feel better if you got it at $12.68 as advertised on Ama..."

Hi Brooklyn,

I'm from Harlem. I miss it, i live in Mundania now, I miss the energy, pulse and pace of the city. I hope you are enjoying it enough for two people. But i digressed. I hope you follow up on your instinct and find out what the books about. Then i hope you will share your response and temporarily end the boredom.

Peace, herb

message 20: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Grace-Jones (dawn_grace-jones) | 1 comments Cover Me Naked This exciting novella is inspirational. Its theme is that we must release and let go of the past in order that we may move forward. If we can not release what belongs in the past, we die. Our goals, objectives, emotions, etc... all die. Information in this book is brought via a love story with all sorts of lessons. There is envy, love, joy, revenge and more. Cover me with your presence. Be my friend. Be my neighbor. Cover me. Naked. Be transparent. No mask. No deceit. If we journey through life covering others while naked, we will be better travelers. Thus, obstacles will no longer hold us back.

Maggie the main character moves through life with the strength of one that covers others while naked. Because of this gift, day to day matters are faced with strength and endurance. Maggie overcomes barriers with power, peace, and joy.

message 21: by Lioness (new)

Lioness | 3 comments Dawn wrote: "Cover Me Naked This exciting novella is inspirational. Its theme is that we must rel..." this book sounds really interesting think i'll look for it soon

message 22: by Kamryn (new)

Kamryn Adams (kamrynadams) | 5 comments Par for the Curse by Toyi Ward

I really like this thread. I love to hear authors talk about their books. Par for the Curse is my debut novel and it's my "baby". PFTC examines the impact of voodoo and the impact of generational secrets.

message 23: by T.L. (new)

T.L. James (tljames) Welcome Toyi!

That is the voice of a true author. "My babies"

-tl james

message 24: by Kamryn (new)

Kamryn Adams (kamrynadams) | 5 comments Great to be here and great to read about so many great projects.

message 25: by Liane (new)

Liane Spicer (lianespicer) | 3 comments I'm loving this thread! My novel CAFÉ AU LAIT is a contemporary romance set in the Caribbean.

"Shari Zamore is at the end of her rope, so the pretty professional runs away to her family’s home in Trinidad in search of rest, relaxation, and maybe even a little no-strings romance. What she finds there is a stubborn, sexy man determined to make her face all of the things she desperately wants to forget.

Most visitors embrace the sultry spirit of his homeland. So why is Michael Chancery so intrigued by a woman whose icy attitude and arrogant demeanor seem designed to discourage any man who tries to get too close? Her plan is to love him, leave him, and then return to the life she left on hold. But Michael doesn’t give up easily, and he’ll use every tool in his sensual arsenal, every moment of each heated tropical night to convince Shari that her place is on the island…and that his heart belongs to her."

Reviews:
http://lianespicer.blogspot.com/2009/...
Liane Spicer

message 26: by Dianne (last edited Apr 27, 2009 12:16PM) (new)

Dianne Sagan (DianneS) I have a novella out called Rebekah Redeemed. The story of a young girl's life of hardship, mistreatment by relatives and a kinsman redeemer who comes to save her. Set in first century Israel, Rebekah is befriended by Mary, Martha and Lazarus and meets a man who will change her life and help her learn to forgive the past. You find a link to purchase it on my blog: http://diannesagan.wordpress.com or it is at AWOC.com or on amazon.com

message 27: by Don (last edited May 01, 2009 07:01PM) (new)

Don Inman (DonInmanAuthor) | 1 comments Mike Banner a man who thought everything was ok, until his family's strange disappearance. He can't understand why this has happened to him, but he will go to desperate measures to find out. But to get his family back he has to remain calm and keep his head together, because the obstacles and dangers he's going to face will test him and shock him to his core and may cause him not to be able to see his family ever again.

While looking for his family he meets a stranger that can possibly help him, but he's not sure whether or not he can trust them. But for now trust is all he has to get his family back. He will have to do whatever it takes to find out what really happened to his family.

You can purchase this book at www.authorhouse.com

Disappearance by Don Inman

message 28: by Bradley (new)

Bradley | 1 comments My book is a nice light fantasy story. =)

Dreamsbane of Tamalor

message 29: by Crystal (last edited May 26, 2009 05:00AM) (new)

Crystal Chapman (beautifulif) | 1 comments Greetings Group,
Glad to be a part of this whole! You all have taught me a lot from the post and information provided to the group through the moderators. Thank you. My book Beautifulif...:"The book that has every woman reading...about her character." addresses a lot of real-to-life common issues that women - from all walks of life - endure from a spiritual perspective. Visit me at my home on the web, watch the video montage and take the character tour.

http://www.beautifulif.com

Pray that you all enjoy it!

Crystal C. Chapman - Author
Beautifulif...

message 30: by Tracy (last edited May 27, 2009 07:23PM) (new)

Tracy Darity (tracyldarity) | 3 comments

[image error]

Be a good girl, don't get pregnant, do well in school, and get into a respectable college. Khadejah Johnson grew up believing this was the formula for a perfect life; the way to her Prince on a white horse ready to take her to paradise. That's how it went for her sister Asia, who met and married her dream guy, so Khadejah had no reason to believe her ending would be any different. Her mother never told her that the fairy tale doesn't happen for everyone She didn't prepare her baby girl for the reality that Prince Charming may not come to whisk her away. And not every man is perfect like her father.
When Khadejah learns her high school love, an All-American basketball standout, has gotten another girl pregnant, she feels her fairy tale ending slowly slipping from her reach. In retribution for his betrayal she runs to the arms of Justice who is ten years her senior and has a shady past that stretches the distance of their years apart. Six years later and as many broken dreams and promises, Khadejah is raising their two children alone and learning that the world of dating can be a cruel place for a single woman with children.

In He Loves Me He Loves Me Not! we journey with Khadejah on her search for true love. Along the way we meet Aaron Baxter, a young upwardly mobile brother trying to find his place in Corporate America and life in suburbia; then there's Mylan Gaines, fun-seeking, talented, but not yet ready to settle down; J. Jordan Edwards, an up and coming Corporate Attorney who has been bitten by Jungle Fever, and then there's Terrance Newsome, NBA standout who will do anything to reclaim the love of his high school sweetheart.

Experience the joys of friendship, the value of family, and the determination of a young woman destined to one day have the love she has always dreamed of despite the many obstacles she must overcome. You'll laugh, cry, scream and rejoice along the way. There will be highs, lows, twists, and turns. With realistic portrayals that easily transports readers into Khadejah's life; you'll see your girlfriend, sister, mother, co-worker, and even yourself in the characters that make this debut novel one to remember.

message 31: by Zetta (new)

Zetta (zettab) Messalina Devourer of Men by Zetta Brown

MESSALINA - DEVOURER OF MEN (interracial erotic romance)

When life imitates art...expect to be framed.

Eva Cavell is a woman with an embarrassing secret.

She is sexually frustrated and is convinced that her size and race intimidates men.

In an attempt to relieve her sexual tension, every Thursday she goes to a local movie theater and allows strangers to fondle her in the dark. During one of her escapades, Eva meets renowned artist, Jared Delaney, a smooth Southern gentleman with irresistible violet eyes. He has been watching Eva on her weekly visits and sees through her icy defence and straight through to the hot passion burning underneath.

Messing about in dark theaters isn't a good pastime for Eva. She has an image to uphold as a tenure-track instructor at a private Denver college and the youngest child of a prominent black family.

Despite desperate attempts to maintain control, Eva's world is spiralling into chaos. As emotional pressures build inside her, an explosion is imminent. Will she ever be able to live her life how she wants and without shame?

message 32: by K.L. (last edited Oct 15, 2009 05:25AM) (new)

K.L. Brady (karlab27) | 2 comments My debut novel is called The Bum Magnet. It's about a woman who attracts all the wrong men. She reads an article that motivates her to give them all up and take journey into her past to see why she keeps repeating the same bad patterns. While laugh out loud hilarious at times and loaded with stumbling blocks (the biggest one is herself), the journey turns out to be a bit more insightful than she bargains for...

It's on Amazon (also in Kindle-1.99 thru Oct.) and can be ordered at bookstores nationwide.

The Bum Magnet by K.L. Brady

Real estate agent Charisse Tyson seems to have it all-a great job, a dream car, and a McMansion in high-and-mightyville. Everything in her life is just right...except the Mister. While lamenting the break-up with her most recent "the one" during a holiday meltdown, Charisse realizes she has a type when it comes to men—players, players, and more players. A magazine article motivates her to swear off men and examine the complex roots of her romantic fiascos.

Just five simple steps to turn her life to the stuff of legends, right? Life is never that easy...

Charisse commences her do-it-yourself therapy project and barely cracks open her emotional toolbox when she encounters the monkey wrenches: an irresistible new beau, two persistent ex-flames, and an FBI agent with life-altering secrets threatening to turn her world upside-down.

A tug of war ensues and Charisse is dead center, trying her best to distinguish the Don Juans from the Romeos. As her love life is propelled into unpredictable twists not even she could imagine, will a twenty-seven-year-old secret keep Charisse from finding the right “one”?

Laugh loud and often as Charisse discovers whether her choices in men reflect more than a penchant for good looks, great sex, and bad judgment.

message 33: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda McKnight (rhondamcknight) | 3 comments My debut novel Secrets and Lies is coming to a bookstore near you on November 24th.

Secrets and Lies by Rhonda McKnight

It’s hard enough to keep a secret without telling a lie, but when you’re married it’s almost impossible. In Secrets and Lies, Jonah and Faith Morgan’s marriage is collapsing under the weight of both. Can Faith keep the “faith” after Jonah’s accused of the unthinkable? Against the backdrop of old memories, new enemies, and a plot for revenge readers find out just how much a couple can take when the heat's turned up.

I think readers will find Secrets and Lies appealing, because it takes you into the complex mind of Dr. Jonah Morgan, a man you’ll love to hate, who’s dedicated his life to physically healing children, but he’s emotionally and spiritually sick himself.

Look for Secrets and Lies, coming Nov 24th from Kensington Publishers. I promise you won’t regret it.

message 34: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Darkchild (brooklyndarkchild) | 8 comments Glad to see your book is coming out.
Congrats and Much Success!

message 35: by E. Lawrence (new)

E. Lawrence (ELawrenceHardin) | 3 comments My book Andre's Song is the story of a young man who loses his parents in a murder suicide as child, he as an emancipated teen fights through life obstacles along with others living in a boarding house in Dallas Texas. Also there, a man seeks for the truths of the Kennedy Assassination. A great mix of contemporary urban fiction and science mystery fiction.

message 36: by Dolen (last edited Nov 15, 2009 05:27AM) (new)

Dolen Perkins-Valdez (goodreadscomdolenperkinsvaldez) | 2 comments My debut novel is called WENCH. It is a historical novel set at an 1850s resort where wealthy slave holders vacationed with their enslaved mistresses. Yes, this place actually existed!! It will be released January 5, 2010 by HarperCollins.

People who have read advance copies tell me that they couldn't put it down. And when they finished it, they couldn't stop thinking about it. I think you will feel the same.

http://www.dolenperkinsvaldez.com

message 37: by Zetta (new)

Zetta (zettab) Dolen wrote: "My debut novel is called WENCH. It is a historical novel set at an 1850s resort where wealthy slave holders vacationed with their enslaved mistresses. Yes, this place actually existed!!"

Very intriguing! I just had an idea force itself on me about a woman descended from slaves that's to be set in mid-Victorian England so your story's premise perked my antennae!

I will most definitely put your book on my to-buy/to-read list!

message 38: by Dolen (new)

Dolen Perkins-Valdez (goodreadscomdolenperkinsvaldez) | 2 comments Thank you Zetta!!! You can pre-order at Amazon right now. ;-)

message 39: by Jean (new)

Jean Holloway (jeanholloway) Wow, my to-read list just keeps getting longer & longer. Kudos to everybody. We're following our dream.
My 2nd novel, Black Jack, is Ace of Hearts sequel.
Shevaughn Robinson has gone from the cop everyone doubted to the "golden child" of the Portsborough Police Department.
Helene Elliott is found dead from an apparent suicide. The police department is pressured to take on the investigation. The Elliott case awakens a complicated relationship with someone from her past.
Will Shevaughn's attempts to move forward inadvertently lead death to her front door yet again?
Get ready, it’s going to be a bumpy ride.
Black Jack
Check out my Holiday BOGO sale on amazon.
Get Ace of Hearts AND Black Jack for only $14.00 plus $3.99 shipping! http://bit.ly/Holloways_Holiday_Sale
Peace,
Jean

message 40: by Dana (new)

Keep the books coming!