Nia Virtual Book Tours discussion

Books > Do you like to read a specific genre? If so, what genre is it?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dana (new)

Dana (niapromotions) | 44 comments Mod
I'll start. For Nia Virtual Book Tours I read almost every genre. But my personal favorite is Historical Romance.

I know...I'm a softy for a happy ending.

message 2: by Felisha (new)

Felisha (sunkissedthoughts) | 3 comments I read from a variety of genres but I am a romantic so romance tends to be my favorite.

message 3: by Author (new)

Author (KilltheMessengerGemini) | 4 comments I love any genre including non fiction. I am just getting into romance. I like it.

message 4: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (shigyrl30) I actually read a little bit of everything but my favorite has to be romance.

message 5: by Dana (new)

I'm with you. I just read a really good time travel book that was great. It was primary romance.

Dana

Tiffany wrote: "I actually read a little bit of everything but my favorite has to be romance."

message 6: by CaliGirlRae (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) I love a variety myself and usually switch depending on my mood. I always tend to go back to romance, though, no matter the subgenre so it's probably between romance and speculative.

message 7: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Pacillo | 1 comments I love the horror genre.Richard Laymon,Stephen King,Jack Ketchum,etc..

message 8: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 1 comments I love horror and Historical fiction, but I will read anything that hold my interest.

message 9: by Dana (new)

Rae wrote: "I love a variety myself and usually switch depending on my mood. I always tend to go back to romance, though, no matter the subgenre so it's probably between romance and speculative."

Rae, you and I are similar. I read almost all genres, and recently I've been reading titles written by foreign authors, but I always seem to come back to romance.

message 10: by Zetta (new)

Zetta (zettab) When it comes to genre fiction I like mystery (cosy, gothic, thriller), erotic romance, erotica, "soft" sci-fi and some fantasay. I also like literary fiction. But I'll read whatever I'm in the mood for.

message 11: by Jacqueline (last edited Jun 29, 2009 09:40AM) (new)

Jacqueline Coleman (jacqden04) | 4 comments I have no favorite genre. I read just about anything at least once. Right now, it is romance and scifi. Right now, I am reading:

[image error] The Shack by William P. Young [image error]

message 12: by Valjeanne (last edited Jul 03, 2010 05:02PM) (new)

Valjeanne Jeffers | 1 comments Hi, I love SF & Fantasy and African American fiction. But I'll read whatever's handy too -:)

message 13: by Manica (new)

Manica (manicabryant) | 1 comments Although my last two novels was about love, I'm not much of a fan of romance. I mostly go for the typical drama of the average black fiction.

message 14: by Vacirca (new)

Vacirca Vaughn | 2 comments Hi everyone. I've just joined. I can read mostly anything but I am a fan of any type of Christian Fiction...well, except for Christian Sci Fi LOL. I also love Interracial/Multicultural romance and any type of African-American fiction.

message 15: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) Hello all,
I read anything that interests me, at the moment I am reading a murder mystery.

message 16: by Michele (new)

Michele (ultrabookgeek) literary fiction esp. post modern literature.

message 17: by Dicey (new)

Dicey Grenor (diceygrenor) I prefer to read and write fantasy/paranormal fiction, particularly with romantic elements. But I read lots of other genres. I don't typically read Christian fiction. And I'm skeptical of memoirs, biographies, and autobiographies because they are written from the source's perspective. That whole two-sides-to-the-same-story thing gets in my way. I prefer adult-themed books, so the Twilight series is about as far as I've gotten in the YA genre since I've been an adult.

message 18: by Jean (new)

Jean Henry Mead  (jeanhenrymead) | 1 comments I read mainly mysteries in all its subgenres, which has something for every reader. That's probably why I write mystgery/suspense novels.

message 19: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 1 comments I tend to like romance, but not the contemporary romance novels you would think, more in the chick lit category, I love African American chick lit but I really have to look for those.