Writing Passionates discussion

I WROTE MY STORY FOR THE FICTIONAL NARRATIVE THINGY!!!!!!!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nathan (last edited Jan 18, 2009 03:32PM) (new)

Nathan | 291 comments I WROTE MY STORY!!!!!!!

(im so happy :D )

U gys want to hear it???

it was a short story so it kinda sucks and the ending is fast, but it is the first REAL Sci-Fi I have written and its not bad.

message 2: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller good job Nathan!

message 3: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments post it!

message 4: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) | 2205 comments Mod
do it do it do it *chants*

message 5: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments lol *chants alongside*

message 6: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller *chants also*

message 7: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 291 comments k

it might take me a while, and ....oh wait lol I already have it written on the comp! lol

k, here

message 8: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 291 comments The Missing 63
It was 6:45 in the dry wasteland we call Nevada, when approximately 63 people witnessed the strangest series of events in un recorded history. The year was 1934 and many had recalled strange occurrences that led to the belief of intelligence on Mars. The United States government began to take notice of these “hoaxes” (as they called them) and began a top secret operation to eradicate the possibility of extraterrestrial beings. Any evidence of Martian life quickly became known to the government and silently taken to a military base code-named dreamland, or more widely know as area 51 for its unique position on the United States map. The records of several documents and people relating to any Martian items were quickly destroyed and taken to this military base. It is today that we have the pleasure of introducing one of those people that can recall all of the secret documents and their unknown history. Ladies and gentleman, today I introduce one of the missing 63.

The small room was illuminated by one small flickering light. The reporter sat in a wooden chair opposite the “missing man” (I shall call him John) with the table between them. Reporters stood outside the room, looking through the small window in the door, trying to get the best view possible. A few men in suits stood at both sides of the door with unreadable expressions on their faces. The reporter eyed John and began to speak: “Alright.........uhhh, sir? Im sorry, but do you have a name?” John looked at the reporter and replied, “I do not. Or I at least forgot it.” The reporter looked at a stack of papers in his hand and went on. “Alright.....John. Can I call you John?” He didn't wait for an answer. “Well then, lets start with the basics. How long ago was it when you saw the strange event or events?” . “75 years I believe” Replied John. “I was 12”.
“So that would make you 87 years old?”
“Naturally” .
“all right begin an account of what happened when you were first hidden. Starting with the reason the government took you.” John sat up in his seat and began, “ Well, I would rather like to begin with my first day in hiding. If I explain the strange event to you first, you will not understand it as much as if I ended with it.”
“Have it your way” replied the reporter, trying to hurry him along. “Very well” said John. “It began at a time I do not recall but I am sure it was a time ago. I was going to get my morning coffee, when I bumped into the strangest man. He told me he wanted to see me in his office and led me down an alley way. Then several men jumped on me and knocked me out. When I awoke I was in a sort of prison cell. I did not know where but the air was cold and I could only assume I was under ground. I peered through the prison bars and found I was looking at a grand mirror. It appeared as if I were in a long hallway with several cells lined up next to mine (or so I could tell from the mirror) .I found I was the first (or the last) one in the row off cells. I counted 72 of them including mine but several of them were empty. The door to the right of my cell which was at the beginning of the hallway opened and a man stepped in. He was tall and appeared to be wearing an american military uniform. He opened my cell and led me to an elevator. I looked for the floor numbers on the buttons but there were none, although I

message 9: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 291 comments counted at least 42 of the buttons. The doors opened and we stepped outside. We walked along the roughly made path and came to what looked like a large aircraft hanger. There didn't seem to be a way in until the doors just started opening. To my surprise the hanger was completely empty. The doors started to close and there were no lights or windows in the hanger. The doors shut and we waited 20 or 30 seconds before the room was flooded with light. Several lights on the ceiling snapped on at the same time. Then to my further amazement, the floor started to move! It was like on giant elevator that never seemed to stop. After about five minutes it finally came to an end. We stepped into a large hallway and walked for some time until we reached a door. The man opened it and we stepped through into a very large room, and in the center of the room was an object that I had seen only once before.” At this point in John’s story, the reporter stopped him to ask him what it was that lay, in the center of the room. “Now”, said John, “It didn’t lay in the room as much as it hovered in the room”. “Bu...But what was it!” inquired the reporter. “Ah yes, I’m getting to that.” said John. “You see, what was in that room was a martian space vehicle, yes, a flying saucer.” The reporter’s jaw dropped to the floor. “A... A... Fly...ing...” He almost passed out and from the looks of it, half of the people outside already had. The reporter recovered himself and asked “Are you sure it wasn’t some trickery? Are you positive you weren’t being fooled?”. “I am quite certain” replied John. “May I continue?” The reported stared at him for a moment. “Oh yes yes! By all means do continue”
“All right. Well, the man led me to a section of the large room and told me to wait there. So I did. About three minutes later, I saw someone walk towards me. He had many badges and pins on his uniform and I could only assume he held a high position. ‘Well sir’ he said, ‘I reckon you don’t know much of what’s happened in the past three years you've been here.’ ‘Sorry?’ said I. ‘Did you say three years?’ He looked me straight in the eye. ‘oh yes’ he said. ‘And so its only a matter of time before we let you go. So today’s your lucky day! Go see the world!’ he said smiling to himself. It was true, I didn’t understand much of what had happened. So the man led me back to my prison cell and said ,‘you wait here till we come to get ya.’ And that was the last time I saw him.” The reporter looked surprised. “Surely” he said “he would have come back to get you”. John gave him a good look in the eye and said, “Oh I had no doubt. But I believe that every man has a purpose in life, and I knew mine wasn’t sitting in a cell for the rest of my life. So I devised a plan for escape. First I realized I needed to get out of my cell. So I spent a good thirty minutes planning how to do this first. Everything I thought of failed in my mind and in anger I hit my cell wall. To my surprise, the door swung open. It had never been locked! So I stepped out and started for the door, when something pulled me backward. I looked and saw all of the cells filled with people and one by one, I let them out. They followed me through the door into the elevator.” “But how did you all fit inside?” interrupted the reporter. “It was a rather large elevator” John said. “About the size of this room” The reporter nodded and motioned for him to continue. “Well ,we made it outside and it hadn’t occurred to me until that point that this could be a trap. Then the strangest thing began to happen. The colors around me started to blur and it seemed as if my world was spinning rapidly. I spun around for a significant amount of time until the colors came back into order. It appeared as if I was in this town. Just outside in fact. My feet led me to this room where I sat down and began talking to you.” Everyone (save John) had a baffled look on their face. Then the reporter asked, “But what was the amazing event you said you would tell us about?” John smiled and chuckled a bit. “I was hoping you would ask that question” he said. “Before I tell you, let me ask you what your calendar said before you left home.”
“January, 8, 2009” replied the reporter. “That’s right” said John. “Now let me tell you the date of the event. It was on september 16th, 1934. How much years of difference is that?” The reporter thought for a bit then answered “75”. “That’s exactly right. Now would you so kindly...”
“Wait a moment” said the reporter. “Wouldn’t the military be looking for you if it were a trap all those 75 years ago?”
“Oh yes” said John. “In fact they should be just outside right now. Now, without further delay, will you look at that calendar up there on the wall?” The reporter glanced up at the calendar. His eyes slowly widened and they went between John and the calendar.
“But.. but... It... says...” stuttered the reporter. Footsteps rang down the hall and the door burst open. Several military officers squeezed into the small room. “Would you” said John. “Tell us the date aloud before I get into any further trouble” The reporter stared at him and muttered “September 16th, 1934!” John smiled and chuckled. “Yes, you see. Today is that event!” This is what 63 people saw and I believe all of them are out of that door.” He pointed to the door and all of the reporters walked in. The wall of the building then started to crumble and waiting behind it was the flying saucer. John shook the reporter’s

message 10: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 291 comments hand and said, “I’ll be seeing ya” as he and the rest of the missing 63 stepped into the flying craft which disappeared in a quick flash.

Thus ends the record of the missing 63.

message 11: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 291 comments k there it is.....It is really sucky and the ending goes really fast......but I guess its ok

message 12: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments ??? woh really weird

message 13: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 291 comments lol

my first sci-fi too. Its ok if u dont like it because I dont :P

message 14: by Alex (new)

Alex Lindon | 28 comments Hey, I thought it was cool! Good job!

message 15: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 291 comments lol

thnxxxxxxxx :D

message 16: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments *D

message 17: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller very...unique.

message 18: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments *D....lol tink

message 19: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller :D

message 20: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments I havent seen nathan in months....dun dun dun duuuunnnn