Diana Wynne Jones Fans discussion

The Books > House of Many Ways

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K. (new)

K. Wolf (kazul9) | 5 comments I just found out that another book came out in the Howl's Moving Castle series called House of Many Ways. I'm about to order it from Amazon, but I was wondering if anyone else has read it yet. If you have, is it any good?
Thanks!

message 2: by K. (new)

K. Wolf (kazul9) | 5 comments Yeah, I looked at a few bookstores last time I was out, but couldn't find it anywhere. You're right though, Twilight has taken over the world's bookstores.

Awesome! I was a little disappointed at the lack of Howl and Sophie in Castle in the Air, though they were kinda there for most of it. Still a great book though.

message 3: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan | 30 comments Girl who reads all the time (this is the third book in as many days, all different authors, where the heroine reads all the time! Such a blatant appeal to the reader, who probably is and does!)

Anyway back to business, she has influential connections, meets a domestically inclined male, has a distant mother (as usual in DWJ), and saves the impoverished pocket kingdom! Lots of fun on the way with evil purple people, Wizards impersonating children, screaming children, bags of laundry, a magical house and a cute little dog. And a hot tin roof.

Issues of republicanism, class struggle and nepotism are not directly addressed :)