FATTIES UNITE! discussion

Thread Graveyard > heart rate monitors: are they worth it?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

mary elizabeth  Williams hi all, i am thinking about investing in a heart rate monitor (the polar f4 model to be particular). i am mostly interested in the calories burned feature. are they worth the money?

message 2: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) I think it depends on what you will be using it for. I found that I really didn't use mine as much. I purchased it when I was doing P90X. I do use a pedometer to keep track of how many steps I take. Good luck.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 557 comments Mod
I didn't know you could buy a heart rate monitor! I think I'd love one, but just because I'm obsessed with knowing my heart rate when I'm at the gym. The machine I use (it's sorta like a cross between an elliptical and a ski machine) has a heart rate monitor on it and I LUVVVVV IT!

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony This is an interesting question. I don't always trust the heart monitors on the workout machines, the kind that just get it from your palms or whatever.

message 5: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) The one that I had was a watch, so you had to put it around your wrist and it measured it that way.