Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Moon Called - Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (last edited Jan 18, 2009 11:46AM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I realize some people have already read this book and would just like to discuss it. So I set up this thread so as to not ruin it for others who will be reading it in February.

Go wild.

message 2: by B (new)

B | 82 comments Okay. I just finished. Anyone else read it yet? I need to clarify something in the storyline (about Gerry).

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I've read it Bonnie - what's your question.. I just have to watch anything I say because I've already read the whole series... but I'll be careful :)

message 4: by B (new)

B | 82 comments Well, I think I've sorted it out now. So Gerry schemed the whole thing to get Adam out of commission (or to possibly kill him?) without it seeming like he was the one who did it, and somehow wanted it so that Bran would fight Carter? (Gerry wanted to try to get Carter's wolf and man united?) Is that right?

message 5: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Yes, from what I understand.. Gerry was upset because his father (Carter) was fighting the wolf and would eventually die because of that. He wanted Adam to die, and for Carter to believe he didn't do it. By doing this, Bran (the head werewolf) would have the proof he needed that it really was Gerry and he would have him executed.

This would result in Carter being pissed that his son was killed when he believed him to be innocent, and he would then fight Bran over that mistake. Gerry hoped that all of this would lead to Carter being more dominant and therefore accepting of his wolf.

message 6: by B (new)

B | 82 comments So Gerry wanted Carter to believe Gerry didn't kill Adam -- how would that give Bran the proof he'd need that it was Gerry??

message 7: by B (new)

B | 82 comments Okay. I reread the ending, and now understand that Gerry just wanted Bran to kill him. Whether Carter thought Gerry was innocent or guilty, he would then have to fight Bran (Gerry figured his father would do it to avenge his death, or just as an honor thing).

message 8: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Exactly. Then, he hoped that Gerry would become the alpha and therefore he would become more dominant and accept his werewolf. Which would mean he wouldn't die.

I kind of feel bad for Gerry... He was a little messed up since he kidnapped Adam's daughter and then tried to have Adam killed, but he just didn't want anything to happen to his dad. :(

message 9: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracegirl) | 15 comments Thanks I was having trouble understanding that part also.
When Adam howled and all the wolf's came to him (even the ones that they were fighting)do they belong to Adam now since they came when he called?

I'm also wondering about the cop Tony...Does he have a purpose in this stroy along the line? I can see Tony and Adam both going for Mercy.

Also, who's your favorite character(s)? Mine is between Mercy (of course) and Ben. I don't really know why I like Ben, but hes mysterious and seems to be misjudged. Since Adam said that he didn't do the rapes back in London.

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Tracy - the plot was definitely a little confusing towards the end. But I think that the wolf's came to Adam because he was the alpha among everyone there. As Mercy always says, it's hard to say no to Adam lol.

I'm not sure why Tony is in the story.. He doesn't come into play later on in the series. But who knows, he might be around in Bone Crossed.

Keep reading the books... more comes on with Ben. I also like him. I like Adam's third in command.. for the life of me I can't remember his name. but it's the only gay werewolf in the story!! lol. And of course I love Mercy. I like how she does what she can to keep her friends and loved ones safe. But she's not stupid about it. She knows when she needs help, and she does what she can because she knows she's not as strong as a vamp or a were.

message 11: by B (new)

B | 82 comments JESS!! SPOILER!! (Re: Tony)

message 12: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Damn.. lol. well at least I did it in the spoiler thread and not the other one. Then I would have to delete my own posts.

message 13: by B (new)

B | 82 comments But you put it in the Moon Called spoiler thread! Not a spoiler thread for the entire series! Not a huge spoiler, but still. :)

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments Warren... gay wolf/cowboy :)

message 15: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments sorry!! :( I take it back! lol...

Laura - thanks for the name. I love Warren's character, he's too funny.

message 16: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments k, so I haven't been following this thread until now, so I might be commenting on things that were discused a couple of weeks ago! lol! One thing that you have to remember about the whole plot of Gerry's is that he was also attempting to develope a drug that would work on werewolfs. The reason that he was doing that was because he planned to actually drug Bram before he fought with Carter. That way he would ensure that his dad won, not Bram.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the reason that the wolves all answered Adam was because he is such a strong alpha. In fact, I'm pretty sure that they said that he's #4 in the nation. I think that most of them were originally lone wolves so they probably will just go back to that.

As for Ben and Warren, I love Warren. I have since the start. And Ben has really grown on me! I wont say why, because I don't want to spoil anything, but I really gained a ton of respect for Ben at the end of Iron Kissed.

message 17: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Kelley Anne I agree. I love Ben!! :)

Maybe he'll find a lady friend soon lol.

message 18: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Ok, so at this point in the series, who do you like better for Mercy? Adam or Samuel? Or do you want to see her with someone else entirely?

message 19: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I love Adam. I don't know why but Sam just bugs me. He irritates me so much. He's unsure of himself at some points (and i don't want to say more because I don't want to spoil lol). But Adam is this bad ass guy whose just hot... lol... I have more reasons but as I said.. I don't want to spoil :)

message 20: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracegirl) | 15 comments I agree with you Jess, I like Adam better than Sam. I was actually starting to think that Ben might be joining Adam and Sam for the fight for her. But Adam already claimed her as his mate so I guess that won't be happening.

message 21: by B (new)

B | 82 comments Just in case....
***No spoilers on future books, please!!!***

message 22: by Liz (new)

Liz (arcanepenguin) | 77 comments I prefer. Samuel seems like he would add too much confusing history between him and Mercy, and I worry that the series would almost need a prequel to make sense at that point.

message 23: by Katie Davies (new)

Katie Davies I like them both but I think that Adam would be better to and for her.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (DarkHeart) | 437 comments Yeah, I love both Warren and Ben. Great characters that you really get to know better as the series progresses, and you really form an attachment to them.

As for which of the two wolves do I prefer, I was always a sucker for Adam (Adam and the Beast Lord - my two favorite shifters). I love Samuel as well, he just comes across as needing to sort himself out before he can be with anyone. I want them all to be happy. Eventually she's going to have to make a choice though.

message 25: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Yeah.. I remember just thinking that Sam was very whiny lol. He was all pissed at Mercy for not really fawning all over him but she has her reasons. I forget if they mentioned that whole situation in the first book..

message 26: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments For me, at the end of Moon Called I was leaning towards liking Adam more, but I also really liked Samuel. Yeah, I mean he is a bit overly possesive and such, but I still like him.

message 27: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4004 comments I like Adam the best. True Mercy and Sam have history and since I have only read this one story I can only comment up to this book but it seems to me like Sam wants her because she can give him kids, I mean he seems to like her but it kind of irks me that is he sees her as his mate why wait for her to come to Montana before he tries to woo her I mean it had been like ten years why not see her sooner?
As such I like Adam best I mean the man keeps a pic of her in his room and he seems to accept her as she is.

Also can I share I loved it when Mercy is feeding Adam Burger King burgers and she has to order like thirty of them. I love it when writers add in those type of details.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) I just started this book today, and I have about 60 pages or so left.
So far, I really like this book and I think it's because Mercy is so normal. She's not the too-stupid-to-live girl in leather pants and a halter top running out to kick butt without thinking all the time. She's just a normal person (well, sorta) who got caught up in a drama because of her circumstances, and she's doing what she has to do, and yeah, she's feisty, but it seems like she uses her head. I like that.
Also, I had no idea so much of this book would take place in Montana! That's the motherland for me, so I really loved that. (I actually grew up on the reservation where the Salish and Kootenai tribes live.)

As for the Adam vs. Samuel drama, I think this is the first book (or even movie or tv show) where I genuinely don't have a preference. Not yet anyway. But they both seem to have their attractive qualities up to this point, and I'm really anxious to see where it all goes.

message 29: by Liz (new)

Liz (arcanepenguin) | 77 comments Dawn, if you keep reading the series it does explain just what Samuel was doing for the 10 years.

Nichole, I completely agree with you about Mercy.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) I just finished the book today. It was really good! I can't wait to read the next one!
Now that I'm done I think I'm leaning a little more towards Adam. He has a picture of her in his room! How cute is that!

Question-
In the book she makes a big deal about how the wolf pack is really behind as far as women's rights and how women don't have the option of being lone wolves, but then at the end when David is talking about the lone wolves that are working with Gerry, he mentions one named Kara and says something like "She would never take orders from Gerry" meaning she would never join his pack or something like that. (Basically confirming that Kara is a she and not some weird girly name for a guy.)
Is this a big boo boo, or is this something that gets explained later in the series?

message 31: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Hmm... I don't really remember that part. Maybe I should go back and re-read the book lol. It's been awhile since I've finished it.

message 32: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (Siddie) | 132 comments I agree with you Nichole, on all points :)

I think I am more of an Adam girl but am still on the fence really because I could go either way :)

message 33: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Adam just gets hotter in my opinion lol. Although there is always Stefan.. what do people think of him??

message 34: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Nichole -

I think that it's a mistake. There is a part in the 2nd book that is also talking about a female wolf. I don't want to give away what they were really talking about or why but someone asked if she could eventually go lone wolf and they said no because females can't be lone wolves.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Hmm... maybe I read it wrong and they didn't actually call her a lone wolf. I'll have to re-read that part and make sure; I could have misunderstood.

Jess- I think Stefan is awesome! Mercy has a lot of great guys in her little world. But I feel like we just barely scraped the surface of meeting them in this book and there's a lot more to know...

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (DarkHeart) | 437 comments I'm definitely an Adam girl, but I also love Stefan (and Samuel, for that matter). That's why I'm so excited to get my hands on Bone Crossed, as it sees the return of Stefan, who was absent from Iron Kissed. I mean, come on, he drives the Mystery Machine! ;D

message 37: by Katie Davies (new)

Katie Davies I love Stefan too!! He isn't in Iron kissed? lol.

message 38: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (Siddie) | 132 comments Nichole wrote: "Question-
In the book she makes a big deal about how the wolf pack is really behind as far as women's rights and how women don't have the option of being lone wolves, but then at the end when David is talking about the lone wolves that are working with Gerry, he mentions one named Kara and says something like "She would never take orders from Gerry" meaning she would never join his pack or something like that. (Basically confirming that Kara is a she and not some weird girly name for a guy.) "

Maybe it was because of the Gerry did.. I dont remember what part of the book that was in, and I read the whole thing.. I just know the Gerry did a bad thing and perhaps thats why that was said?

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) I checked back, and they specifically said "There are three or four lone wolves like Kara who couldn't find a pack of their own."
So that sounds pretty clear that Kara is a lone wolf, right?

message 40: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4004 comments So that sounds pretty clear that Kara is a lone wolf, right?
Nicole I think you caught a mistake LOL.

It is interesting to me that at the end of the book Mercy is like ok I am sick of Adam and Stephan so I am going to the garage with Stephan. I kind of like that I am wondering if she will settle down with one or what will happen. I also like the fact that she is not screwing around with all three, for me it helps me to focus on her and not her relationships.
Anyhoo I am looking forward to the next book with Stephan I think he will shape up to be a really interesting character.

message 41: by Anne (new)

Anne (booklover6) I finished it last night. Great book! Those vampires were scary, and I don't trust Stefan. As for Samuel vs. Adam, I like them both. I feel perhaps Mercy is fated to be with Samuel. I loved this book. We are doing the next one next month, right? I can wait til then, plenty of reading material here.

message 42: by Jess (last edited Feb 13, 2009 04:27PM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I believe that the vote is swinging towards reading the next Patricia Briggs book, and not the next Saintcrow book.

Anne - It's interesting what to hear when you read the next book in regards to Stefan. Blood Bound has a plot line that more directly involves Stefan and the vamps.

message 43: by Tiwaztyrsfist (new)

Tiwaztyrsfist | 25 comments I picked it up finally, and read it in two days.

I like it a lot. Definitely gonna get the others next month.

I look forward to finding out more about walkers (as opposed to weres) and any other native American supernaturals that have survived.

message 44: by Murrrmaiyd (last edited Feb 19, 2009 05:11PM) (new)

Murrrmaiyd | 2 comments I had to reread this one before I could comment, it had been too long since I read it...reading other comments I realized I'd forgotten most of what happened!! lol...

Now that I've reread it... I totally love Adam best, although I love Stephan just for driving the Mystery Machine. :)

message 45: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (Siddie) | 132 comments Yeah I really think I like Adam the best :)

message 46: by Jessi (new)

Jessi  (jessim) I loved this book so much, that I read the next two in the series also. I agree, Adam is the best. I can't wait to read Bone Crossed to see how they work out together.

message 47: by Murrrmaiyd (new)

Murrrmaiyd | 2 comments I haven't gotten to the next two yet, I can't wait to read those.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) I read a chapter from Blood Bound online (I'm waiting patiently for next month's group read before I actually start the book, but couldn't help myself.)

I'm assuming it was the first chapter but I'm not 100% sure; it was pretty awesome though. I think we'll definitely be learning more about Stefan...