Debate discussion

Obama Administration > Barack Obama

Comments Showing 1-50 of 736 (736 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Obama and I think he can change our country, but I think it's going to take a lot of money and a long time! I know he'll do a good job though!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

i don't like obama and believe that he doesn't have the experiece to be president

message 3: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments Here here Lexi!

message 4: by John (new)

John (jayrindone1412gmailcom) | 157 comments Ya, honestly i really don't like Obama......i agree that he doesnt have the heart or expirience and i do not like that he is for abortion!

message 5: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Wow, awesome points guys (SaRa and John), I'm totally with you.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't like that he's for abortion either, but would you rather have McCain and Palin in office? Palin had been a governor for two years and there is no way she could have helped run an entire country!

message 7: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Yeah, what's Obama been?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

He was an Illinois senator and the U.S. Senator! He has experience. More than most people think. I shook his hand! My dad got a personal invitation to go see him at his Inauguration!

message 9: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments Sweet!

message 10: by John (new)

John (jayrindone1412gmailcom) | 157 comments i would love to have mccain as president he has ALOT of expirience!

message 11: by John (new)

John (jayrindone1412gmailcom) | 157 comments mccain has been in senate for a long time and was a survivor of war!

message 12: by John (new)

John (jayrindone1412gmailcom) | 157 comments he has a very big heart he didnt leave jail until his former troops got out of jail!!

message 13: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments Experience counts for nothing if you have the wrong ideals. His economy plan, let's face it, stunk. "Let's give tax cuts to the rich people and the middle class will benefit!" Really? Really, is that your economy plan Mr. McCain?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

THANK YOU RILEY!!!

message 15: by John (new)

John (jayrindone1412gmailcom) | 157 comments thats not nearly as bad as being for abortion...,it is really wrong!

message 16: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments Yeah sure, but you're overlooking several key facts.

1. He left his lame, ill, wife for a rich heiress.
2. He accused Obama of being a terrorist, and other things that are obviously untrue.
3. He chose Palin. PALIN, as his running mate. And she would've most likely ended up as president anyway, McCain had so many health problems.

I think McCain was a wonderful man and still is, but he made some choices that make me think he wouldn't have been a good president. Bush probably was a great man, but anyone who think he was a success in office is living under a rock.

message 17: by John (new)

John (jayrindone1412gmailcom) | 157 comments ok but palin is also a rlly good person...ppl are giving her a hard time cuz shes a woman and she used to be a model

message 18: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 6408 comments I am an avid Obama supporter but i also think that he was the better of two bad choices. I am pretty cynical when it comes to government and politics, but i do believe that Obama can d some good. I would be surprised and happy if he can follow through with his promises, but even if he cannot do all he has said he would, i cant really blame him. Hes one person, trying to save one messed up country. I sincerely hope that his change is for the better, and im gunna support him the whole way!

message 19: by John (new)

John (jayrindone1412gmailcom) | 157 comments i really wish abortion was illegal!

message 20: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments Bcuz she's a woman and used to be a model? No, that's not it. It may be part of it, but obviously not all of it.

1. Palin had a pregnant teenage daughter. I feel bad about this, but are we trusting someone who raised her children this way to lead our country?

2. The way she treated Obama. Biden was respectful to her during the debate but she spread lies, saying Obama was a terrorist, that he didn't have a birth certificate. Really?

3. Okay, this one really pissed me off. Our economy is in crisis, and she uses donor's money to buy a 130,000 dollar swimsuit! Seriously.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok, yeah Palin is a good person and so is McCain, but could they've run this country? I don't think they could have.I think Obama will change our lives starting by saving the troops that DICK-HEAD IDIOT BUSH sent to Iraq!

message 22: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 6408 comments Yeah. I actually support Obama partly because hes Pro-choice.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with Riley! Palin is not the person some people think she is!

message 24: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments Yay. People agree with me. :D

message 25: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 6408 comments Seriously. That is irresponsible!

message 26: by John (new)

John (jayrindone1412gmailcom) | 157 comments wats wrong with her?????? if there is?????

and........BUSH A GOOD PERSON AND DO NOT REPLY TO THAT PLZ

message 27: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments Yeah, he's a good person. I think we've all said that he didn't intentionally make bad choices.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

And I also hat abortion! I hate hate hate it! And I also think that it should be illegal, but in America we have a choice and some people choose abortion! Maybe they don't have a choice! Maybe they do!

message 29: by John (new)

John (jayrindone1412gmailcom) | 157 comments ya i guess but i still HATE ABORTION!

message 30: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 6408 comments If it were illegal we would have abandonned children being sold into prostitution.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

AGREED! And that can be worse than abortion!

message 32: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments Guess what, we've made abortion illegal before, with disastrous results. Why haven't we learned from that time? I hope I don't have to tell you guys what happened . . .

message 33: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 6408 comments A lot worse! I dislike abortion too, but i think its necessary to keep it legal.

message 34: by John (new)

John (jayrindone1412gmailcom) | 157 comments well still children should get a chance to live their lives without getting killed before getting a chance to do so.

message 35: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 6408 comments Yes because being sold into drugs, prostitution and slavey is much better than being killed painlessly before you have experienced anything.

message 36: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 6408 comments but this is the wrong folder for this debate. Lets move over to Pro life vs pro choice

message 37: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments Good job Chandani! :D

message 38: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 6408 comments :) Yay!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

My sister's friend's older sister was only 13 and she got pregnant. Her dad forced to have an abortion because the doctor said she would die if she had the baby. I hated her dad for making her do that until I found out she would've died! Also I know someone who got pregnant and then the father didn't want to help support the child and the mother didn't have any money or a home so she had to have an abortion!

message 40: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 6408 comments Thats sad. My mother had an abortion when she was 16 because her boyfriend who was 5 years older than her raped her.

message 41: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments Man. Again, wrong topic. :D

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok so back to Obama! Obama can save our troops with the plan he has. Also he can save our economy with the plan he has. His plans are amazing, but I still wonder if he can go through with them.

message 43: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments Why do you wonder if he can go through with them?

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

They're big plans that call for a while of thinking and process and a lot of money. Can we afford it? We need to save our troops!

message 45: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments Good call. His plans do require a lot of money, and in these times of economical instability we have to spend money very wisely. We don't have any money. We're 130 trillion dollars in debt, and unless we have plans that are sure to work to get us out of that (excuse me) shi*hole, only then should we spend money we don't have.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Agreed. We need to think wisely and use all of our materials to ge through this mess we're in. Hey guys I have to go. Talk to ya'll tomorrow!

message 47: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments Kay, see ya!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey everyone! It's a new day which means a new topic!
I like the topic of Mr. Obama's Inuaguration tomorrow! I want his speech to be good!

message 49: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 6408 comments I cant go!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

My dad got a personal invitation from Obama and Biden, but my mom says we can't go. She ruined my once in a lifetime chance!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15