French Milk French Milk discussion

im enjoying this

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joanne im almost done with this. its a very quick read being a graphic novel of about 200 pages. the author a 22 yr old is a cartooning student and she spends 6 wks in paris with her mom who is turning 50. I love the illustraions and she also includes her photographs. its a fantasy of mine to spend more than a wk or 2 in a foreign city. jb

Yolie Joanne wrote: "im almost done with this. its a very quick read being a graphic novel of about 200 pages. the author a 22 yr old is a cartooning student and she spends 6 wks in paris with her mom who is turning 5..."

I just finished this! She's a great artist. It makes me want to run away to France haha. Good luck!

Jennifer They are not about France, but if you enjoyed French Milk, I would recommend the books by Diana Hollingsworth Gessler.

Joanne Thanks. I'm a librarian who does a lot of the fiction selection and I haven't heard of her. Thanks! Who else do you like?

Joanne Thanks. I'm a librarian who does a lot of the fiction selection and I haven't heard of her. Thanks! Who else do you like?

Bruce Stewart Lucy Knisley followed French Milk up nicely with An Age Of License. This is more of a road trip / Euro-trek she takes alone & with others. She does meet her mother again in France. Not just a travelogue, it is a meditation on the freedom and responsibility of young people to travel, follow their hearts, taste the world, and build experience into the selves they will become.

Joanne Sounds interesting

message 9: by Jennifer (last edited Nov 15, 2015 08:43PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jennifer I too recommend any of the wonderful books by Diana Hollingsworth Gessler. She is excellent. I just picked-up a book; When Wanders Cease to Roam by Vivian Swift. I have not read it yet, but it is visually appealing. (Although, not about France.) Specifically on France are Sara Midda's; South of France: A Sketchbook. If you "Goodreads" her you will find other books on France, she has wrote. Paris Out of Hand, by Karen Elizabeth Gordon is a fantasy guide book with artwork & cartography. For a non-fiction, scholarly book in this format; although not related to France, is; Family Vacation by Susan Sessions Rugh. A college professor, who talks about the birth of travel in our nation in a humourous & visually beautiful & fun book. Hope those spark some interest & help.

Our thoughts & prayers to all those In France & their families at this time!!!

Jennifer Joanne wrote: "Thanks. I'm a librarian who does a lot of the fiction selection and I haven't heard of her. Thanks! Who else do you like?"

Hi Joanne, Just posted some recommendations.