French Milk French Milk discussion

im enjoying this

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jo Carol im almost done with this. its a very quick read being a graphic novel of about 200 pages. the author a 22 yr old is a cartooning student and she spends 6 wks in paris with her mom who is turning 50. I love the illustraions and she also includes her photographs. its a fantasy of mine to spend more than a wk or 2 in a foreign city. jb

Yolie Joanne wrote: "im almost done with this. its a very quick read being a graphic novel of about 200 pages. the author a 22 yr old is a cartooning student and she spends 6 wks in paris with her mom who is turning 5..."

I just finished this! She's a great artist. It makes me want to run away to France haha. Good luck!

Jennifer They are not about France, but if you enjoyed French Milk, I would recommend the books by Diana Hollingsworth Gessler.

Jo Carol Thanks. I'm a librarian who does a lot of the fiction selection and I haven't heard of her. Thanks! Who else do you like?

Jo Carol Thanks. I'm a librarian who does a lot of the fiction selection and I haven't heard of her. Thanks! Who else do you like?

Bruce Stewart Lucy Knisley followed French Milk up nicely with An Age Of License. This is more of a road trip / Euro-trek she takes alone & with others. She does meet her mother again in France. Not just a travelogue, it is a meditation on the freedom and responsibility of young people to travel, follow their hearts, taste the world, and build experience into the selves they will become.

Jo Carol Sounds interesting

message 9: by Jennifer (last edited Nov 15, 2015 08:43PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jennifer I too recommend any of the wonderful books by Diana Hollingsworth Gessler. She is excellent. I just picked-up a book; When Wanders Cease to Roam by Vivian Swift. I have not read it yet, but it is visually appealing. (Although, not about France.) Specifically on France are Sara Midda's; South of France: A Sketchbook. If you "Goodreads" her you will find other books on France, she has wrote. Paris Out of Hand, by Karen Elizabeth Gordon is a fantasy guide book with artwork & cartography. For a non-fiction, scholarly book in this format; although not related to France, is; Family Vacation by Susan Sessions Rugh. A college professor, who talks about the birth of travel in our nation in a humourous & visually beautiful & fun book. Hope those spark some interest & help.

Our thoughts & prayers to all those In France & their families at this time!!!

Jennifer Joanne wrote: "Thanks. I'm a librarian who does a lot of the fiction selection and I haven't heard of her. Thanks! Who else do you like?"

Hi Joanne, Just posted some recommendations.