Progression (The Cohort Trilogy, #2). Progression (The Cohort Trilogy, #2). discussion

What to do when friends or family betray you

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

April Should one forgive and forget? Or forgive and maintain some distance from the betrayer?

message 2: by Joe (new)

Joe Mossa
i just finished reading THE WAY OF ALL FLESH by samuel butler. it s listed in the best 100 of the 20th cent books which i collect. the character in the supposedly autobio story had very abusive parents. they nearly ruined his life. i rooted for him throughout the story,,wont tell you the ending case you wish to read it.
my daughter has just come out of a clinical depression. her mother and i spent much time with her helping her raise her two young kids and helping her in many other ways. she is now into a silent period in which she rarely calls us. she won t answer my e mails. i think she needs this phase to help in her recovery although it hurts her mother and i. she used to call twice or more a day. we pray for a better relationship. good luck with your particular problem. joe

April Joe wrote: "
i just finished reading THE WAY OF ALL FLESH by samuel butler. it s listed in the best 100 of the 20th cent books which i collect. the character in the supposedly autobio story had very abusive ..."

Joe, I'm no expert, but I think you and your wife are doing right. Sometimes people--even young people-- need a little space. Hopefully, afterward your daughter will be able to see your perspective as well. And thanks for your good wishes!