Kenyons Minions discussion

Archives/Dead Threads > Who's Marissa?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by N.V.R. (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:14PM) (new)

N.V.R.  Moore (nvrmoore) | 13 comments What role do you think she plays in the overall series?

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura (LauraStamps) I have the feeling Kenyon has something Ash-like in mind for Marissa. There have been hints throughout the series that she might have been born with supernatural powers or a supernatural destiny, so I wouldn't be surrpised if that happens as the series progresses, and she grows up.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it will be something Ash-like for Marissa, but I'm thinking it might be along the lines of a supernatural destiny.

message 4: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments You know, the more and more I read these discussion boards the more I'm thinking of crazy outcomes. For instance, right now all this talk about Ash's HEA being Tory could be possible. Maybe he'll be set free from Artie and he'll end up being with Tory. Ash's powers could indeed be transfered to Marissa.

Haha, alright, that was a bit off but in the world of the Dark-Hunters nothing is what it seems.

=)

message 5: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments Some claim she might be the reincarnation of his sister Ryssa. It would explain why he's so protective of her and why everyone (namely Stryker) wants to get their hands on the little girl.

Somewhere I even read she is supposed to be the "final fate".

I guess we just have to wait and see.

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura (goodreadscomLaura) | 9 comments I was watching an interview of SK's on YouTube (2nd of 3) which I believe was maybe 8 months ago, but not sure. Anywho, a question was asked about Marissa and what part she would play, etc. and Sherrilyn said that she wouldn't say because it would come out in Ash's book.

So my question: did I miss something in the book about Marissa? I don't recall anything specific and now it is driving me crazy.

message 7: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments Don't worry, you didn't miss it. There was no mention of Marissa at all.

Although, if she is the reincarnation of Ryssa, there's been mentioning aplenty.

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jeneral) I remember asking SK that at a booksigning about 3 years ago - if Marissa had a larger role to play in the future. She laughed and gave me a "wellllll, I can't really say right now" answer, but with a look that told the audience that I was on to something.

But yeah, she wasn't mentioned in Acheron at all, so maybe it was a plot element she couldn't work in right now, although she intended to. Since she's indicating that the series is far from over, I'm sure we'll learn more soon.

message 9: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca Intriguing idea. I hadn't made any connection between Marissa and Acheron's sister Ryssa, but that makes sense.

message 10: by Mary (new)

Mary (BooookGeeeek) She was mentioned as part of the wedding party at the end of the book.

message 11: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments Right, she was the flower girl... Forgot about that one.

But there was no indication of what role she might play in the future. Or any connection to Ash besides him being her godfather - with heavy ephasis on the God part.

message 12: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments I was just thinking about Marissa after watching a few of the DH videos on YouTube. I guess no one really knows where Marissa stands in this series. Unless, someone read something that entails what will happen. Anyone know?

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 19 comments I was actually hoping that Marissa would have played a role in "Archeron". Since Ash couldn't save Ryssa's baby Marissa could have been his "2nd chance" during his life as a God?? I thought that would have been a good side story!

OH or maybe she'll end up with NICKY since the Hunters will have a huge role in his series??? THAT would be a good story! Can you imagine Kyrian, Amanda and Ash hating Nick for falling in love with Marissa???