Kenyons Minions discussion

Archives/Dead Threads > Which SK series do you love the most?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by N.V.R. (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:14PM) (new)

N.V.R.  Moore (nvrmoore) | 13 comments What's your fave Sherri/Kinley series? I like the original DH series and Lords of Avalon. I have a feeling I'm going to love Nevermore too. How about you guys?

message 2: by Heather (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:15PM) (new)

Heather Forintos | 4 comments Dark Hunter for sure!! But I have yet to read anyother other then her BAD series for now!!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I like them all, but I love the Dark Hunter series. It's my favorite paranormal series overall & I don't think that will ever change because it the first pnr to really suck me in.

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amanda_23) I love the brotherhood of the sword series and the lords of avalon novels.

message 5: by Colette (new)

Colette  (abuckeyegirlreads) | 2 comments Dark Hunters is my favorite because it's how I found Sherrilyn Kenyon, but I also really like her lords of avalon books.

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather | 1 comments I love her Dark Hunter series. I have a question..I was on the web page the other day and noticed the Nevermore link. Can anyone shed some light on that?

message 7: by Lilmargarita (new)

Lilmargarita | 5 comments I have just started reading the Dark Hunter series. I have been reading Feehan for years (on a friend's refer), and it wasn't until I joined goodreads that I found out about Kenyon from another mb. Fave character is definately Simi. I just found out that Kenyon will be at DragonCon this year, and I will be volunteering there, too.

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura (LauraStamps) Hi, Lilmargaria!
Kenyon will be at Dragoncon this year? I LOVE Dragoncon...awesome shopping! Wow, thanks for this info. I am a big fan of the Dark-Hunter series, and Simi is a scream. She just gets better and better as you read through the series. You will love it!

xoxo
Laura
http://www.TheWitchesofDixie.blogspot...

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura (goodreadscomLaura) | 9 comments Hey!

I'm new here...what is Dragoncon and where is Dragoncon. I love the Dark Hunter books, Simi is definately up on my favs, but I really haven't decided who I like best yet.

Laura

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura (LauraStamps) Hi, Laura!
Dragoncon is one of the oldest SF/F/Pagan conventions around. It lasts 4 days (Friday - Monday) and is held in downtown Atlanta every year in September. I haven't checked this year, but they usually want you to buy a two-day pass if you preregister online. Otherwise you have to wait in line when you get there to buy a one-day ticket. Whatever you do DON'T try that on Saturday. I think everyone makes this mistake at least once and then never again (grin). If you do you will be waiting in line outside in the scorching Georgia heat for at least 4 hours. I kid you not.

Anyway, I adore Dragoncon! It is held in several hotels, and you can always tell you are getting close because everyone on the street is in their fav SF/F costume. There are all kinds of events, fabulous venders, etc. Bring lots of money. The first time I went I ran out of money in 30 minutes. No kididng! And had to borrow some from my husband. The shopping is awesome from the venders, stuff you would ordinarily have to buy online. Plus they have several hundred authors there signing books and TV stars, etc. It really is wonderful.

xoxo
Laura

message 11: by Lilmargarita (new)

Lilmargarita | 5 comments Laura,

Did you hear that they have added the Sheraton to the hotel list. I went to our volunteer meeting last Sunday and with the 35 traks at DC, I am surprised we don't have more hotels.

With SK and CL Wilson at DC this year, I will be in paranormal romance heaven! I'll just have to make sure I get in my hours so I can volunteer the next year.

message 12: by Laura (new)

Laura (LauraStamps) No, Lilmargarita, I didn't know about the Sheraton. Awesome! They really need it. Dragoncon draws from all over the country and is huge, even at the rates they charge for passes.

Sounds like you will be in PNR heaven for sure. You are a very lucky woman!!!

xoxo
Laura
http://www.TheWitchesoDixie.blogspot.com

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura (goodreadscomLaura) | 9 comments Hi Laura & Lilmargarita,

Too cool about Dragoncon...when is this suppose to happen? I'm in TN, so it should make for a great weekend. I'm really good at spending money ;-) It will be great if SK & CL Wilson (loved her books too) are going to be there. Is there a good website to peruse?

I just finished Karen Chance's Touch The Dark, it was pretty good, I believe this is the first of a series for her, did you read her yet?

Laura~tried to link to your blog to check it out but it's not working.

Thanks for all the help!

Laura

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura (LauraStamps) Hi, Laura--

Dragoncon usually happens in September in Atlanta, so if you're in east TN then you could just shoot down I-75. Google Dragoncon (can't remember the link for the site), and the website will come up, and they will have all the info on there, including how to preregister for passes to get in (which I strongly suggest...I don't think I will ever forget waiting in line 4 hours on Saturday for a pass...yikes!)

Ha! Sometimes I type too fast for my own good. I left a letter out of the link for my blog. Here it is again. Thanks for checking it out!!

Much love to you and happy reading (and spending at Dragoncon....brings LOTS of money with you, you'll need it...AWESOME shopping!!)

xoxo
Laura

message 15: by Lilmargarita (new)

Lilmargarita | 5 comments The website for DragonCon is http://www.dragoncon.org/ and it is on Labor Day weekend. Laura has a good suggestion for getting your passes ahead of time (from what I hear...that way is usually cheaper too), but also go ahead and get your hotel room b/c they book up fast!

message 16: by Keely (last edited Apr 07, 2008 11:40AM) (new)

Keely | 10 comments I went to DragonCon last year and I'll be there this year as well! It's so much fun. Definitely get your passes ahead. Right now I think they are still $65 until May 15th. If you buy them there it's either $85 or $95. This year LAURELL K. HAMILTON will be there in addition to Sherrilyn Kenyon. I also met Rebecca York, Maggie Shayne, L.A. Banks, Holly Black, Raven Hart, Susan Kearney, Angela Knight, and Margaret Weis there last year.

Voltaire was there last year as well and will be there this year too. If you are unfamilar with his music and love Vampires you should look him up on itunes.

Definitely bring Lots of Money!!!

Also, to Laura in TN - I'm also from TN and Sherrilyn will be at a new sci-fi convension here in Nashville in June.
It's called Hypericon. It seems pretty small but that means more time with SK. Alethea Kontis will be there as well. That's the woman who wrote the Darkhunter companion. It's $25 for three days : June27th - 29th. Here's the website if your interested, www.hypericon.info.

message 17: by Keely (new)

Keely | 10 comments ooops! I got so caught up in DragonCon I didn't answer the question. DarkHunters are definitely my Favorite!!!! I am awaiting Acheron's book with much anticipation! August 5th seems so far away!

message 18: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 3 comments I love the DH series as well! I can't decide which one is my fav other than Ash! Zarek, Val or Vane?? hmmmmm
I will be going to DragonCon for the first time this year and can't wait to meet Sherrilyn!! Do authors autograph their books during DCon?

message 19: by Laura (new)

Laura (goodreadscomLaura) | 9 comments Ugh! I thought I could get my son (whose 16) interested in going to DragonCon, but no such luck. Now I have to work on my husband, I thought I'd have reinforcements!!!

Keely - I'm in Eastern TN so it's about 2 1/2 hours away so it won't be bad. Thanks for the info & website. I'm waiting on Ash's book too. I haven't read the DH companion yet, it is next on my list.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I love the DH series, and certainly can't wait for Acheron and Stryker's stories to come out this year.

I have never been to DragonCon, but I may be talking my mom into me and her taking the trip this year.

message 21: by Keely (new)

Keely | 10 comments Hey Laura, I wouldn't take my kids it's definitely a Adult venue. There are many (Many)half dressed/ barely dressed women there. I went with my husband last year he's big into computer gaming. This year it'll be me, my hubby, Andrea (message 18),and her dad. If you come your welcome to hangout with us! That goes for you to Joani. The author's do sign there books and they do a lot of question/answer sessions.

message 22: by Soully (new)

Soully (soullygifted) | 6 comments Okay I started out with the MacAlisters and then the Brotherhood of the Swords and then found the DH series...my favorite...that's hard I love all of them. I can't wait for another BOS book, but I am near my patience's end for Acheron. AHHH!
I chooose....BOTH!

message 23: by Heather (new)

Heather Lire (heatherlire) Okay first I had no clue that she was writing Stryker's story..

As to my fave wow how to choose...I can't I love them all. Heck I have them all.

message 24: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (shinhbang) | 23 comments DARK HUNTER DEFINITELY!

message 25: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 126 comments Dark-Hunter Rules for me :)