Kenyons Minions discussion

Is Sherri spreading herself too thin?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by N.V.R. (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:14PM) (new)

N.V.R.  Moore (nvrmoore) | 13 comments Some have complained that the quality in Sherri's writing has dropped because of all the series she's currently working on at once. Why do you think? Should Sherri slow down a bit and condense a few series before adding more?

My vote is to get rid of BAD ;-)

message 2: by Heather (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:15PM) (new)

Heather Forintos | 4 comments I like BAD. But I think she should either drop a series or two or **gasp** produce less books for each. But as I can only speak on behalf or the DH series (as I haven't read the others) I think we are going through a transition of sorts and that it will pick back up soon.

Alyssa Blaine B (sdblaine) I definitely think Kenyon's trying to do to much at once.

I've been really disappointed with the quality of writing of the DH books after Seize the Night (I have one book I still need to get rid of) so at this point if Acheron disappoints I'll probably stop collecting the series and just tie things up by reading reviews/ summaries of the rest of the series online.

message 4: by Keely (new)

Keely | 10 comments My vote is to get rid of BAD as well. The Dream Hunter series started out pretty weak as well. But, the 3rd book, the one that just came out "Dream Chaser" was very good. It's not Sheri, I'm sure, but her publishers that are pushing her to hard. She not only generates a bunch of books she does a lot of P.R.
I definitely agree she is spread to thin. My gosh she's also a mother of 3 boys. I bet she doesn't know if she's coming or going half the time. I think if she got rid of the BAD series and made less appearances she would be a lot healthier, mentally.

message 5: by Soully (new)

Soully (soullygifted) | 6 comments I have enjoyed all of her books that I have read.
I haven't read BAD...but if I get to be selfish I would want the DH series and the BOS series.

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jeneral) She's definitely spread herself too thin. I was a RABID fan of this series up to and including Seize the Night. It's been going steadily downhill ever since. I really really hope that Acheron is good. If it isn't, I'll be done with the series for good, and that really bums me out.

I also really liked the BOS series for a while, but I haven't read the last couple. I got The Warrior at a used bookstore last weekend and haven't gotten past the first 20 pages.

I think she's got an amazing imagination and a lot of talent, but I think in doing so many things at once she can't give any of her projects the attention they really deserve.

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather Lire (heatherlire) I love all of her books. As an author myself I can tell you that there are times when you have to write what is in your head. Once an author creates a character they are real.

I am really excited for Ash's book.

message 8: by Keely (new)

Keely | 10 comments I love her books and could read them over and over!

message 9: by Celeste (new)

Celeste | 6 comments I am glad to see I'm not the only one to think her recent books have been lacking. Something is going on b/c I have noticed a definite decline in quality of her recent books. Or maybe it's just that I don't enjoy BAD and Dream Hunters as much as I do everything else. And does anyone know if she plans to continue the story line of Fury and/or the other were characters? I feel like I've been left hanging! I miss them!

message 10: by Natale (new)

Natale (NataleStenzel) | 9 comments Night Play was definitely one of my favorites -- I'd love to see more weres and Fury specifically.

message 11: by Abigail Childs (new)

Abigail Childs | 9 comments I agree Fury has become a very interiguing character. I love the part in night play about Vane, Fury and Dare already having met their mates. Do you think that it is possible Tabitha could be Fury's mate?

message 12: by Natale (last edited Jul 10, 2008 02:36PM) (new)

Natale (NataleStenzel) | 9 comments I thought . . . isn't Tabitha already matched with somebody? I could be mistaken.

And, yes, I think it's a really cool premise that these guys have already met their mates. It will probably drive them nuts. (And us, too!)

message 13: by Celeste (new)

Celeste | 6 comments I'm pretty sure Tabitha is with someone... not sure though, it has been a while since I read the series. Doesn't Fury have a thing with the Bear-girl though? At least it seemed that way to me. I would love for them all to have books, espicially Fury though, I fell in love w/ him in Night Play! :)

message 14: by Abigail Childs (last edited Jul 11, 2008 01:24PM) (new)

Abigail Childs | 9 comments no her twin sister Amanda is Kyrian's wife and they have a daughter named Marrissa, I'm pretty sure that Tabitha is still single. Or is she paired with Sin in Devil May Cry? Fang has some sort of relationship with Aimee the Peltier's daughter.

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jeneral) Tabitha is with Valerius. Their story is "Seize the Night."

message 16: by Abigail Childs (new)

Abigail Childs | 9 comments oh great thank you! But I have the part about Fang and Amiee correct right?

message 17: by Natale (new)

Natale (NataleStenzel) | 9 comments Valerius! Yes. I could almost picture the character in my head but the name . . . thanks*g*.

Abigail, that's what I remember, too -- Fang and Aimee together. I don't know if she could actually do a separate story on these two or not, given how much we already know . . . maybe.

Fury could be a whole lot of fun, though. I wonder who she'd pair him with and if *we've* already met the character, same as he has.

message 18: by Cat Singh (new)

Cat Singh | 10 comments I thought that in one of the books Ash says that all of Vane's sibs have already met their mates (just haven't mated) ....or is that Ravyns family?? No, i'm pretty sure that it was Vane's fam

message 19: by Heather (new)

Heather Lire (heatherlire) I was surfing her site and she is going to be writing Fang and Fury's stories next. If I remember correctly she is writing Fang and Aimee's together. In the back of It came upon the Midnight clear she gives a mini story of what everyone is doing on Christmas and Fang takes Aimee a christmas gift, a necklace of bearclaw and a wolfclaw enter twined.

I SOOOOO DON"T recommend the newest BAD book, it so not up to par with her usual writing.

BTW ACHERON is going to be in hardback

message 20: by Abigail Childs (new)

Abigail Childs | 9 comments Cat- It was definetly Vane's siblings. Ravyns have all mated at least once and many of them chose not to bond their life forces so that when their village was invaded by Vane's fist mates people their mates died but his siblings did not. That included Vanes mother and father.

message 21: by Abigail Childs (new)

Abigail Childs | 9 comments Heather- But can it work I mean a bear and a wolf? And while vary romantic and touching just think of the children that they would create- I mean Fang and Aimee are Katagaria not Arcadian so their children would be born as animals not babies, right? Or do I have that backwards?

message 22: by Natale (new)

Natale (NataleStenzel) | 9 comments Funny you mention that, Abigail. I was thinking . . . we all kind of had Fang and Aimee paired up. What if theirs is just a friendship and Fang's actually meant for someone else? We saw sympathy and nurturing between the two, but Sherri's books don't usually have that kind of low-key gentle relationship as a primary romance. Just pondering. And, yeah, the animal combo is out there. Unless Aimee's not really a bear . . .

message 23: by Heather (new)

Heather Lire (heatherlire) Abigail - I know it doesn't make sense, plus we don't know if they have even slept together, as neither one has the mating mark. It is going to be interesting that's for sure. Maybe I will go play on her site and see what I can find out.

message 24: by Heather (new)

Heather Lire (heatherlire) Okay so I just check ed her site and it definitely says Fang & Aimee next here is the link

http://www.dailyinquisitor.com//were/...

message 25: by Ori (new)

Ori | 15 comments Okay, personally I love her books and I've been a fan of hers for as long as I can remember. I still remember sneaking these books to read when I was younger when my own mother might have thought (at the time!) that I was too young to read them.

Her books are amazing and they still are. But I get the feeling that people are only dissappointed because they want certain things to happen and it hasn't happen yet. I'm like that sometimes as well. I'm thinking that this is the day, we get to learn more about a character that hasn't been mentioned much before. Then it doesn't happen!

But that's fine, that's her way of doing things. Also, like a few have stated before she is a mother of three, she also has a little brother who is making his way into the music business. She is touring as well speak but still continuing to work on the two books. She once stated in the past that she enjoys going from one book to the next. I wouldn't blame her, since I sometimes find myself doing the same thing just so I could get the creative juices flowing. (Scary preference and choice of words)

She loves working as many books as she can at once, and she always jokes about how she has no control of her books and that she's just writing what the people in her head are telling her to write. I believe that the Acheron book will be so amazing, that many more soon to be fans will flock far and wide. I myself am already ready to ditch a bit of my class at college to quick go buy it and hide in the back corner of the classroom to read it, before anyone else notices.

Just a reminder as well, that a commercial of the Acheron book will be posted. At midnight on either Acheron's website or on tv, you just have to try and find it. It's amazing, I've seen the actors and actresses as well as the work in production. the director is the one who did Spiderman, but he is also the director of Army Of Darkness, which is one of the movies that inspired Sherrilyn Kenyon to write the Dark-Hunter Series.

Keep up the good work!! And all of you guys are awesome because you go with your own opinions and thoughts and not following others! We have our own thoughts and we stick by them!!

I'm just excited on seen who the woman would be with Acheron! XD