Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Tasha Tudor dies

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 777 comments Did anyone hear about Tasha Tudor dying? What an amazing woman! I love her illustrations, they make me feel like I want to go and live in her world instead of mine. I read a book, I think it was called, Out of New England, about her life and what she did with her kids, the amazing things she made, like dollhouses and marionette puppets and they gave professional shows with them, and the Robin Post, where they left each other minature mail, even catalogs! And she didn't have electricity, by choice, and wove her own cloth and made clothes from it, and cooked on a fireplace with utensils from Revolutionary War days!! It sounds so enticing, even though I know I would never want to live that way. When I read about her doing it, I want to! It's like a strange seduction, in a sense.
Are there other Tasha Tudor fans on here?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I was just talking about her to a student who is reading "The Secret Garden," which is one of the many books she illustrated.

message 4: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 777 comments That's the edition I had when I was little! It was my favorite book of all time for years!!

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jesstrea) Leslie, there was a whole Tasha Tudor thread on Mini Am...this was a while ago, before she died...maybe I'll paste the link, if I can find it!

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jesstrea) well I can't find it, but i believe Heidi started it, so maybe she can fill us in... had to do with visiting her place in Vermont were one can see, among other things, her rookery....(much discussion ensued over 'rookery')

message 7: by Meen (new)

Meen (MeenDee) | 1733 comments I remember the rookery discussion!

message 8: by Cyril (new)

Cyril | 493 comments She died in June?

message 9: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 777 comments I would love to hear about visiting her place--that would be amazing! Maybe they will turn her home and garden into a museum--that would be awesome!
I'm not sure when she died, I saw it somewhere, I think on here somewhere

message 10: by Heidi (last edited Jan 20, 2009 06:27AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments The Tasha Tudor thread in MiniAm

I'm a huge fan of hers. Leslie, when I read the title to this thread, I thought (against logic), "She died... AGAIN?!!" Weird.:)

message 11: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments I still think "The Rookery" would be a cool bar name.

Incidentally, I considered buying some of Tasha's corgi valentines - the pics remind me of Robby (my dog, for those of you just joining Terminalcoffee).

message 12: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 777 comments I wonder if Queen Elizabeth ever got any of her Tasha Tudor's corgi cards?

message 13: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (MrsNolte) | 17294 comments Mod
The Rookery would be a sweet name for a bar.

My favorite bar name ever is Round Midnight.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.