Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

Sookie Stackhouse Books > Short Stories (anthologies)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shay (new)

Shay (shazelwoo) | 12 comments So does anyone know where all the short stories fall into place? Like I know "Bite" was in between book 5 and 6. But now I am headed to the library tomorrow to get book 7 and 8. Are there any stories between those I might need to read?

message 2: by Kathy (last edited Jan 18, 2009 08:40AM) (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) I am pretty sure this is the order:

1) Dead Until Dark
2) Living Dead in Dallas
3) Club Dead
4) Dead to the World
"FAIRY DUST" in POWER OF DETECTION
"DRACULA NIGHT" from MANY BLOODY RETURNS
"ONE WORD ANSWER" in BITE
5) Dead as a Doornail
6) Definitely Dead (May 2006)
"TACKY" in MY BIG, FAT SUPERNATURAL WEDDING (2006)
"DANCERS IN THE DARK" from NIGHT'S EDGE
7) All Together Dead (May 2007)
8) From Dead to Worse
"LUCKY" in UNUSUAL SUSPECTS
"GIFT WRAP" in WOLFSBANE AND MISTLETOE

message 3: by Shay (new)

Shay (shazelwoo) | 12 comments Thankyou so much! I really appreciate this!

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) Sure, your welcome. I had to get it in order for myself, too. I want to reread the series (including short stories) before the next books comes out, and it can be confusing!

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie I have read them all. And the only one you need to read in order is Bite.

message 6: by Shay (new)

Shay (shazelwoo) | 12 comments Oh great! I went to the library and all i could find was "All Together Dead" so I figured I'd just get to those short stories sometime. I am thoroughly enjoying this book,(I'm about halfway through) and I have to say so far I am finding Quinn suprisingly rising in my interest level. Though I am hopelessly devoted to Eric *sigh*

message 7: by Kenna (new)

Kenna (KennaS) I read Dancers in the Dark. That was a very nice fluff story. Im not that into redheads (or blonds for that matter), but I could see them together. Its the story of the couple who dances from Blue Moon Productions in the All Together Dead book at the ball after Sophie-Annes trial. It was very nice but it left me wanting more. I bet that could be a spin off series.

message 8: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Wow how cool I had no idea that Charlaines other books were based in events surrounding the Sookie Stackhuose books. Man that is ingenious as it gives her an infinite posibility to keep on cranking out books. I wish she would write a spin off on Josephens place and all the characters that hang out at Club Dead.

message 9: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) Cary wrote: " Wow how cool I had no idea that Charlaines other books were based in events surrounding the Sookie Stackhuose books. Man that is ingenious as it gives her an infinite posibility to keep on crankin..."

That would definitely be an interesting idea, Cary. But so far Charlaine only writes short stories that connect with the Sookie books. It's fun to read the little stories that go in between the books!

message 10: by Angie (new)

Angie I think there is a thread on each short story book too, if you want to discuss the stories.

message 11: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) That is very interesting. I have such a busy life right now I better keep to just the Sookie Stackhouse books. That is very interesting to know however.

message 12: by Kenna (new)

Kenna (KennaS) I found a book club that passes around their "read" books. If anyones interested, I can pass this book along if you want to read it. Just let me know.