What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED! - Nonfiction: doctor in Antartica with breast cancer [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth This is an autobiography about a woman physician who was on assignment in Antartica when she discovers she has breast cancer and has to be rescued. Circa 2000? For some reason I think the title is similar to Icebound but I'm not able to find it under that. Help please!

message 2: by Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (last edited Jan 17, 2009 08:01PM) (new)

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (KristatheKrazyKataloguer) | 104 comments The book is Ice Bound: a Doctor's Incredible Battle for Survival at the South Pole by Jerri Nielsen (Hyperion Books, 2001). Probably the reason you couldn't find it is because Ice Bound is 2 words and you were looking for it as one word.

message 3: by Veronica (new)

Veronica And it's such a good book!

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Oh thank you so much!

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 1382 comments Yes, it is a really good book. Thanks everybody! Elizabeth, if you want to, you can add the book to this group's bookshelf, or you can ask to have it done. I don't think most members have been doing that; it's completely optional but fun to have a record of all the books found here.

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarb-ken) | 52 comments Hope this isn't a spoiler but I remember reading recently that she died. Is this a bad comment?

message 7: by rivka (new)

rivka | 298 comments She did, this past summer.

Which means the rescue gave her 11 years she would not have otherwise had.