Young Authors of 2009 discussion

my story

Comments Showing 1-50 of 190 (190 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments Did you really mean that? Gots lots of methods if you really want to talk. Am a professional Author.

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments And do you have a published book?
A published book with a publisher?
A published book with a bar code?
A published book with an ISBN number?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Um...hi. I haven't actually goten anything published yet, but I have one some school contests and stuff and I love to write, so...

message 4: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments Yeah, but so have i. That doesn't count because it's something totally different. Yours isn't really published, it's just a written book.

message 5: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments Hi, cryptid. Nice name by the way. I was just talking to yasmeen, so no hard feelings :D
Cool thing about winning school contests. Never won those, and yet for some reason everyone thinks i'm the smart kid.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

lol

message 7: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments :D

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

cool

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

At my school in the "gifted" class my teacher always gives us vocab words that are on the ACT, and the only way I can remeber them is to write a story with them.

message 10: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments Do you guys(and girls) know about NaNoWriMo? Lots of fun, and you'd be great for it :D

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah. I was going to do it last year but i got confused

message 12: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments oH NO! The awesome powers of confusion!
...byt he way , why were yo confused?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I wasn't sure what you were supposed to do.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool.

message 15: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments interesting. I guess I'll do the same.
(the 50,000)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

What?

message 17: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments Oh, wrote a 51000 story. Published it. now i'm gonna email it to Yasmeen.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool! What's it called?

message 19: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments Well, I wanted the title to be The Peacekeeper, but it was a misunderstanding and became What is Right?
(The Story of Luke)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Is it an actual book?

message 22: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments Yep.
It's published, has an author, signed by author, barcode, no isbn number i'm afraid, but the main thing is that it's published.

message 23: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 18, 2009 03:41PM) (new)

Okay, I was trying to find it on goodreads, but when I searched the title a zillion other books came up and I couldn't go to your profile cause I Don't know the question, so I was just checking and was not trying sound mean or anything.

message 24: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments No, it's okay. No idea how the editor did it, so it's really annoying when my friends ask me how do I buy it

message 25: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments Actually, it was just about a kid, and I guess that Luke (real name's Lukas, with a K) was the best name for him.

message 26: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments technically, yes to both. Although It's in a very strict editing process, you could feasibly buy it on the internet on some obscure website made for publishing books.

message 27: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments Oh, boy, you have no idea.

message 28: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments 'bad throughout' gets the same message across, though, doesn't it? :D

message 29: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments I guess that's why you're not using capitilization, right? Or punctuation? Beginning sentences with "but?" Perfect place for that, I must agree with you.

message 30: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments The day is always the same length, going back to physics and literacy.

message 31: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments Go figure.

message 32: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments Why on earth would I edit myself?
I like me...

message 33: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments That's great. I actually had no editing whatsoever, so my book will be full of words like 'Spring'.

message 34: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments no adjetive repeats in a sentence, that's my goal and objective. Same things for nouns throughout paragraphs, and adjectives/verbs all the way through too.

message 35: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments Oh, well at that point:
Is the character a selectly overintelligent character?
A respectively adept speaker stuck in the middle?
The lower speaking ability?
What type of situation is she/he in?
What is the style you want for every part?
Which words are reasonably ok repeating?
Which words amplify your character, not diminish it?
Ask yourself these basic questions; it's easier. :D

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Paul wrote: "Actually, it was just about a kid, and I guess that Luke (real name's Lukas, with a K) was the best name for him."

My bestfriend's name is Lukas. I make fun of hin by "accidently" spelling it with a c.

message 37: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments Since I could understand, I guess. But books? I literally did nothing and stayed at home until I was about 10. Then I started doing stuff, got out of depression and emoness (so funny now, not so much then:)), and just got out and got friends. I missed out on friends for the first 9 years of my life, but I was never an unintelligent kid, just a lonely brain. Also had trouble with words, still do though. Oh, not writing, just speaking.
It's funny, It's like I listened to myself get ideas every day, but I never acted upon them. If I had tried to make a book every summer or every school year, I would have just so many ideas; I still do, and my schedule's tighter, but I just love acting and trying to build myself up.
Somehow, I really don't know why, but I have been accepted as a school brain. My principal is in love with me; but I really don't know what I have done to earn this. My teachers know me a bit better, I think, and know that I can be an extreme pain. An engaging and talkative pain, though. :D

message 38: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments I've been ranting. What are you asking?

message 39: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments It's already unwrapped. The box was empty. The gift was the person who had the idea to give it to me, the person who decided to give their time, money, effort, will, strength, hope, love, and unconditional faith in my importance to simply give me a box with wrapping. That is the true gift.

message 40: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments Harshing the mellow? What?!

message 41: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments Neither have I...
:D

message 42: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments ...wow...
...you're amazing...

message 43: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments Yasmeen, you're harshing my mellow. Wat up wid dat?

message 44: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments My marshmellow is all hard and shriveled up.
YOU'RE HARSHING MY MELLOW!!!

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

cool!

message 46: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments awww...that sounds like something I would do..."D
Anyway, happy prebirthday, Caroline Pattinson! I hope you don't spontaneously combust before then! :D

message 47: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments Actually, since we're kids, we could actually tell you that it's sometimes really hard!

message 48: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments wow. I got 18 of those for tripping over a barrel too.
Running and screaming is bad though and I do not participate in it. :D

message 49: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments Yep, you're the "most" mature.

message 50: by Paul (new)

Paul (Dracoba) | 112 comments Or you could give your maturity up to the little seventh grader...:D

« previous 1 3 4