Arketype discussion

Outliers

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim Rivett | 3 comments This book by Mlacom Gladwell is a good read for where we are headed.

message 2: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 2 comments Mod
I agree it's an excellent read. I've added it to the book list. It's amazing to think that with 10,000 hours of dedicated and purposeful practice, pretty much anyone can rise to the very top of the field in pretty much any endeavor they choose, or so he suggests. It's an inspirational book in many ways.

message 3: by Shelly (new)

Shelly | 1 comments The description reminds me of a book I read by Colvin that examined the difference between world class performers and everybody else (come to think of it that might actually have been the title) It was a good read - I am excited to pick up Outliers this afternoon.

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim Rivett | 3 comments I am also reading "The Element" by Sir ken Robinson who spoke at the creativity summit for the state of Wisconsin that I attended last week. Andrew you might be more familiar with him but he was a wonderful speaker.

I am also reading Year of Wonders by Geraldin Brooks and The Red Rubber Ball at Work by kevin Carroll.

I know I have ADD I read a chapter from each in rotation. So shoot me! (:

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim Rivett | 3 comments I seem to be having a hard time adding books to the list. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

message 6: by Mark (new)

Mark | 3 comments My wife has this book at home and has been encouraging me to read it. I will!