Richard III discussion

OT -- I'm walking again (well sorta)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 1139 comments Mod
Oh happy day, I'm allowed to walk (although I must use the walker outside), and I actually got downstairs by myself, in the car (yay it started), to the library and back home with no problems. Ahh, independence (expect I'll still need someone to carry the garbage out for a bit).

message 2: by Ikonopeiston (new)

Ikonopeiston (Ikon) | 385 comments Huzza! Brava! Congratulations! I hope you have a fashionable and elegant Tosca-type cane for the wee bit of help you may still need. I assume now you will be entering marathons and putting the rest of us to shame with our laziness.

message 3: by Misfit (new)

Fashionable cane? Lucky I have my handy REI brand treking pole. That suits well enough.

message 4: by Barb (new)

Barb | 145 comments Very good Misfit,
Glad to hear you are getting around.
:0)

message 5: by Pat (new)

Pat | 39 comments Great news, I know how life altering these type injuries can be....especially when you have to rely on others for help. Just don't get too overly confident yet, it may be some time before you're completely healed.

message 6: by Misfit (new)

Thanks guys. Spent the rest of the day walking around the house (finally doing some housework) and using the treking pole. Very pooped now, I'm going to rely on the walker to help me walk - although that's better than hopping one legged with it. The calouses I've developed on my hands from the rubber handles. Yikes!

message 7: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (jenn_reed) | 42 comments I dont' know what happened, however and I am ecstatic that you are up and about again. I must echo...don't over do it.

All the best!

message 8: by Misfit (new)

Jenn, stupid fall in the home, broke the knee. Off to my first PT session shortly. Joy....

message 9: by Ikonopeiston (new)

Ikonopeiston (Ikon) | 385 comments Misfit, I hope you are not suffering too much pain from the PT session yesterday. ;)

message 10: by Misfit (new)

Ikon, it's OK I rather enjoyed it although by the time I got done with that and walked all the way through the grocery store and back I was quite ready to rest for the rest of the day :)

The things she makes you do! Hurdles that I have to step over even - but it's good to see the balance coming back and no pain when I put all the weight on the right knee.