Romance Series Lists discussion

Romantic Suspense (ACTIVE) > High Risk - JoAnn Ross (ACTIVE)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jenjn79 (last edited Dec 10, 2009 10:08AM) (new)

jenjn79 | 409 comments Mod
High Risk - JoAnn Ross

Summary: After traumatizing events in Afghanistan, a group of Navy SEALs and other military men are almost court-martialed and now must put their lives back together, but keep finding themselves in danger...and in love.

High Risk
1. Freefall --- (Zach Tremayne/Sabrina Swann)
2. Crossfire --- (Quinn McKade/Caitlin Cavanaugh)
3. Shattered --- (Shane Garrett/Kirby Campbell)
4. Breakpoint --- (Dallas O'Halloran/Julianne Decatur)

Shelter Bay
5. The Homecoming --- (Sax Douchett/Kara Conway) (7/06/10)

**NOTE1: the High Risk series shifts to the Shelter Bay series in book 5**

**NOTE2: some of the characters in these books have either appeared in other books by Ross or have connections to characters from other books Ross has written**

Joann Ross

Freefall (High Risk, #1) by JoAnn Ross [image error] Shattered (High Risk, #3) by JoAnn Ross Breakpoint (High Risk, #4) by JoAnn Ross The Homecoming (Shelter Bay, #1) by JoAnn Ross

message 2: by Wendy (new)

Wendy I have read all of these books that are now available and have really loved all of them.

I just finished Shattered, can I just say that Shane Garrett is HOT! I really loved this story. The hero and heroine are not typical to the other two in the series that I've read. Shane is recovering from the lose of his leg and Kirby is a Doctor that he had an affair with in Irac, but after his accident didn't feel he could burden her with his disability.

Shen her friend is kidnapped they are brought together again trying to recue her and must face their feelings for each other.

This is not only an exciting adventure but very touching. I would recomend it highly.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I had a hard time getting into these, but I plan to give it another go soon. I've read the first 2.

message 4: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 13 comments I want to get started on these this weekend. Thank you Wendy for the recommendation.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish The first book was tough for me, but the second one was better. I think all first books in a series are difficult because there are so many characters to introduce and background plots to set up. I have the next 2 and just this morning was thinking that I REALLY need to get into them.

Wendy, do you think they keep getting better?

message 6: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 13 comments Is the timeline parallel on the books?

message 7: by jenjn79 (new)

The first book in this series didn't really appeal to me, but I stuck with it and I thought the books got better with each one. I really enjoyed the most recent one a lot.

Rossy - the books aren't parallel (as in occurring at the same time). They take place one after the other timeline wise.

message 8: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 13 comments Thank you Isis, i was a little worried there for a minute...lol

message 9: by jenjn79 (new)

This series is apparently continuing in Ross's upcoming "Shelter Bay" series. Sax's book will actually be called The Homecoming (instead of Ricocchet).

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Isis FG wrote: "This series is apparently continuing in Ross's upcoming "Shelter Bay" series. Sax's book will actually be called The Homecoming (instead of Ricocchet)."

When is it coming out? I had a hard time getting into this series, but by book 4 I'm hooked.

message 11: by jenjn79 (new)

Yeah, the first couple books were kinda flat for me, too. But I loved book 4.

The new one is scheduled for July 2010.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Awesome, thanks!