The Great Fake Books discussion

Harry Potter: Books vs. Big Screen

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maxwell (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:14PM) (new)

Maxwell Jakobovits | 2 comments Mod
I am currently reading the 5th book. (order of the phoenix) even though I already saw the movie. I heard from a few people that the book is always better than the movie when it comes to Harry Potter. I wholeheartedly agree with this, but I want to see if anyone else agrees. Does this apply to any other book? If so, please post a comment

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth The Harry Potter books are so much better than the movies. Books, especially the HP books, have subtleties that get lost in translation.

message 3: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Spiker | 1 comments I agree the HP books are better than the movies. I do have to say though that the HP movie HP and the Order of the Pheonix was just as good as the book if not better. I finished the book before I saw the movies. Reading the book first makes it easier to understand the movie. I have found that books that were made into movies are a ton better than the movies. There is one movie however that is just as good as the book and that is Fahrenheit 451. The movie captured everything that the book did.