Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Comments (showing 1-20 of 20) (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keidy (new)

Keidy | 313 comments Someone posted a topic about mermaid vaginal fantasies and I've never heard such a thing. But since I've never really explored the realm of romance it's probably a safe bet that I bypassed it altogether. So now I'm posting about Dragon Vaginal Fantasies!

Dragons in general comes in all shapes, sizes and temperments. They can be the most horrific and ferocious of creatures, they can be very wise, caring and mysterious or they can be anything in-between. So now I'm asking this group to tell me of their favorite Dragon romances. Their presence in any fantasy already rocks their world. Let them rock our world too! XD

If only there was a hot Dragon race to romance in Dragon Age. sigh. <3

Mel (booksandsundry) (Booksandsundry) | 307 comments Dragons are my favourite creatures in fantasy. G A Aiken's books are my favourite totally romance books that feature them but I enjoy a lot of other fantasy novels that have dragons in them, the Pern series is one of my all time favourites.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (dogoverload) | 16 comments It's been years since I read it and I didn't like it (rapey hero - ugh), but The Smoke Thief is dragon VF.

message 4: by Vivienne (new)

Vivienne | 4 comments I second the G A Aiken books. Dragons are carnal and carnivorous in this series.

message 5: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia | 14 comments I highly recommend Dragon Bound. I felt a bit the same way about the smoke thief. Well witten but the hero was too aggressive. G. A. Aiken does good dragons. My fave is What a Dragon Should Know. Yummy.

message 6: by Jute (new)

Jute | 238 comments Author Coreene Callahan has a series out that starts with Fury of Fire. The series has been criticized as being too derivative of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward.

I read romance books for entertainment, so sometimes I don't care about things being derivative. I enjoyed the two books I've read so far, but I also like romance books that feature Alpha males...

message 7: by Justine (new)

Justine | 56 comments Sylvia wrote: "G. A. Aiken does good dragons. My fave is What a Dragon Should Know. Y..."

If I may judge a book by its cover, those G. A. Aiken books look very VF-appropriate. Pecs galore! And the titles are fun, so I'm not expecting anything too dark. *files it under to-read*

message 8: by Becky (new)

Becky (Audthryth) | 33 comments Just an FYI - G.A.Aiken is another pen name for Shelly Laurenston. I'm not sure which (if either) is her "real" name. So far I've enjoyed everything I've read by her.

message 9: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia | 14 comments I agree. Alpha females dealing with alpha males, with funny dialogue and pretty good worlds. What could go wrong?

message 10: by Keidy (new)

Keidy | 313 comments Wow! All these books I've never known of before. You guys are totally tripling my amazon wish list! XD

Thanks so much for all of the comments. I'm going to look into these as soon as possible. I adore dragons. It's just so exciting to see the animal that I adore in a romantic setting. Can't wait! XD

message 11: by Jon (new)

Jon  | 91 comments Yasmine Galenorn has a series called sisters of the moon, which features a fantastic dragon.
It's more urban fantasy rather than the traditional sword swinging.
Smokey is all smoke, fire and sexuality, his entrance into the series is well written and the clashes with one of the leading ladies are fantastic.

message 12: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 53 comments Katie MacAlister has a series with spin-offs with dragons. It begins with the Aisling Grey series which begins with You Slay Me. They are funny and smutty, with alpha males and smart ass heroines. :)

message 13: by Keidy (new)

Keidy | 313 comments @Jon: Urban Fantasies are just fine as long as they include dragon awesomeness, I'm all for it! I'll definitely look into that one too! XD

message 14: by Anonymoose (new)

Anonymoose (ehanonymoose) | 6 comments Katie MacAlister's books start off well, but I find that the longer you read in any of her series the more fed up you get with the characters/style of writing.

G.A. Aiken, on the other hand, gets better the further you read.

If you are into smutty, smutty erotica, I recently read Dragon's Blood by Brynn Paulin and enjoyed it.

message 15: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (Signy) | 11 comments I would second the recommendation of Dragon Bound. It's the first of a series with other paranormals. (Thunderbird shifter intrigues me though I haven't read it yet.)

I would also add the Stormwalker series by Allyson James. Heroine isn't a dragon but her very sexy boyfriend is and the whole species plays a role in the plot arcs.

message 16: by Jen (new)

Jen (JadeCross) | 23 comments I also say G.A.Aiken's dragon series. I opsed as I normally do at my local second hand book store and pick up book 2 out of the series and just fall in love with the characters and story.

I loved Bianca D'Arc dragon and shifter/vampire series too. The dragon series was great and follows all the characters you met through out. First book to that series is Maiden Flight. This was one of the first Dragon romances that I found.

Enjoy your new wish list Keidy ^_- Happy reading!

message 17: by Justine (new)

Justine | 56 comments I picked the first book in the G.A.Aiken series a couple of days ago. I won't let myself read it until I finish writing this dissertation (2 weeks to go!), but I wanted the Vaginal Fantasy hivemind to know that its wisdom is being heeded. (Actually, I think that Vivienne had me at "carnal and carnivorous".)

message 18: by Keidy (new)

Keidy | 313 comments @Justine: Wow! A dissertation! Good luck! At least you have something to look forward to once you're done. ^_^

message 19: by MaybeMaeby (new)

MaybeMaeby | 32 comments I'm reading Black Blade Blues by J.A. Pitts. It's about a lady blacksmith in modern times who comes across an ancient blade meant to slay dragons that take human form. Not that far into it yet, but so far I like it. The main character is a lesbian, so if you have issues with that probably best to skip it. Black Blade Blues

message 20: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments Not super-smutty, but Tanya Huff's The Enchantment Emporium has some dragon-kin action in it, plus an awesome story and a matriarchal magic-using family!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dragon Bound (other topics)
What a Dragon Should Know (other topics)
Fury of Fire (other topics)
You Slay Me (other topics)
Black Blade Blues (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

G.A. Aiken (other topics)
Coreene Callahan (other topics)
Yasmine Galenorn (other topics)
Katie MacAlister (other topics)