wolf lovers only discussion

Animal Abuse > Aerial gunning program ((Alaska))

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyla, wolf/warriors loving head mod (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 190 comments Mod
Sarah Palin is planning what could be the bloodiest aerial wolf killing season yet in Alaska.

Already this winter, aerial gunners in Alaska have slaughtered at least 47 wolves. More wolves were killed this past November than in any November in the past five years. And, under Governor Palin’s out-of-control wolf-killing program, nearly 600 more wolves could die before this year’s season is finished.

Wolves are dying right now, and we need your help to stop the killing.

Please watch our new video and make a year-end tax-deductible contribution of $25.00, $33.33, $50.00 or whatever you can afford will help us end aerial killing of wolves and protect other imperiled wildlife.

With new leadership in Washington and unprecedented awareness about Governor’s Palin’s senseless killing programs, we’re now in a better position to stop this terrible, needless practice and save wolves.

With your support, we will…

* Forcefully oppose efforts by Governor Palin and her Board of Game to arbitrarily kill even more wolves just to boost game populations for out-of-state hunting interests;
* Shine the national spotlight on Governor Palin’s brutal wolf-killing programs and pressure her to end them;
* Work with the incoming Obama/Biden Administration to close the loophole in the Federal Airborne Hunting Act that Governor Palin is exploiting to continue Alaska’s unfounded aerial wolf killing programs; and
* Build support in Congress for the reintroduction and passage of the Protect America’s Wildlife Act (PAW), federal legislation to end aerial killing of wolves once and for all.

We need to raise $150,000 before December 31st to launch our new campaign in January to stop Palin’s planned wolf slaughter. Will you help?

Donate $25.00, $33.33, $50.00 or whatever amount you can afford today to help support these and other efforts to save wolves and other wildlife, and we’ll put your year-end tax-deductible contribution to work right away.

With your help, I know we can succeed. Together, we were able to stop Governor Palin’s ghastly $150 bounty for the severed paws of slaughtered wolves, block Palin’s stealth campaign to stifle the voice of Alaska’s citizens on wildlife issues and spotlight Palin’s support for aerial killing and other anti-wildlife policies in the national media.

And, with the help of caring people like you, our sister organization Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund was able to help stop Palin from becoming our next Vice President and spreading her anti-wildlife politics across the country.

We can win, but we can’t do it without you. Please make a tax-deductible contribution of whatever you can today to help us save wolves.

With Gratitude,

Rodger Schlickeisen, President

message 2: by Lyla, wolf/warriors loving head mod (last edited Jan 17, 2009 07:17AM) (new)

Warning: This video contains graphic images of aerial wolf killing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pup1kL...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mu_rq...

We've almost raised the $150,000 we need for the next vital steps in our campaign to save wolves.

Progress: 85%
Raised: $ 128235 Goal: $ 150000

message 3: by Sam (new)

Sam That's so sad!

message 4: by Lyla, wolf/warriors loving head mod (new)

at school we have a minature voting election thing and i didn't vote for macain because he's with sarah palin but my teacher Ms. Lessie made all of 6TH grade vote so i voted Obama

мσση∂υѕт (Moondust) im so sad!

message 6: by Lyla, wolf/warriors loving head mod (last edited Jan 17, 2009 01:19PM) (new)

it sucks did you watch the video i have somewhere

мσση∂υѕт (Moondust) no, not yet...

message 8: by Lyla, wolf/warriors loving head mod (new)

its not that bad i saw it a couple of times its not very bad like a bad video i mean

message 9: by Lyla, wolf/warriors loving head mod (new)

evil sarah palin!!!!! here is some humerous videos of alaska wolf hunting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHCcun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0fMgR...

message 10: by Lyla, wolf/warriors loving head mod (new)

In Alaska… Governor Sarah Palin is championing a wolf-killing frenzy. Easy targets against fallen snow, wolves can be gunned down from airplanes or chased to exhaustion, then shot at point blank range.

More than 800 wolves have been killed by aerial gunning over the past 4 winters, and Governor Palin is pushing to kill even more wolves this year using aerial gunning and other controversial methods. In summer 2008, out-of-control state officials even executed wolf pups, and the state’s Board of Game recently approved the use of denning, the practice of targeting wolves and their young around their dens.

In the Southwest… misinformation and anti-wolf sentiment runs high, with the few remaining wolves in Arizona and New Mexico at risk of extinction.

message 11: by Lyla, wolf/warriors loving head mod (last edited Jan 24, 2009 11:13AM) (new)

check out my videos some are funny
try the top one

message 12: by Lyla, wolf/warriors loving head mod (new)

yeah

message 13: by Lyla, wolf/warriors loving head mod (last edited Feb 07, 2009 05:40AM) (new)

updates from http://www.defendersofwildlife.org/

Just a quick note to let you know that Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund President Rodger Schlickeisen will appear on Larry King Live tonight with Ashley Judd to talk about Eye On Palin -- our campaign to expose Governor Sarah Palin’s anti-conservation record.

The show will air live tonight on CNN at 9 p.m. Eastern/6 p.m. Pacific time, and replayed at midnight Eastern/9 p.m. Pacific.

Our campaign is off to a tremendous start -- millions have seen our video since it was featured on The Today Show, The View, CNN, MSNBC and hundreds of blogs and news articles around the country. Over 45,000 people have sent messages this week calling on Governor Palin to end the aerial killing of wolves.

None of this would have been possible without the caring support of people like you. Thanks so much -- and stay tuned.

Sincerely,

Wil Lutz
Senior Director
Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund

P.S. If you haven't already done so, watch our video. Please also consider making a donation to help us air Ashley Judd’s powerful video on TV during Sarah Palin’s next visit to Washington, DC.

message 14: by Lyla, wolf/warriors loving head mod (new)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

i think some one should shot that u-know-what palin at point blank range!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'll do it!!!!!

message 16: by Lyla, wolf/warriors loving head mod (new)

Yeah you should!!!!!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

u w/ me? u could just come 2 watch we should make her run til we shoot her 2, just like they should have let michael vic's fighting dogs tear him apart

message 18: by Lyla, wolf/warriors loving head mod (new)

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

srry, i'm just upset that people kill the animals when it isn't their fault

message 20: by Lyla, wolf/warriors loving head mod (new)

I know but you should be upset its cruel this is how i feel about animals and what i were do if i was scourge to hunters and to sarah palin and anybody that hurts animals http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaUYUK...

message 21: by Lyla, wolf/warriors loving head mod (new)

Alaska Governor Sarah Palin’s cruel aerial slaughter has suddenly escalated.

This week, Palin’s henchmen have killed 66 wolves, using helicopters, spotter planes and aerial gunners. To make matters even worse, Palin’s Board of Game has approved the use of poison gas and deadly snares to kill defenseless wolf pups and their families in and around their dens.

Wolves are being slaughtered in record numbers. Please make an emergency donation to help us stop Palin’s killing frenzy and shine the national spotlight on her brutal massacre.

To stop the killing, we...

* Supported emergency legal efforts in state court to halt or delay the helicopter assault on wolves near the Yukon-Charley Rivers National Preserve, near the area made famous by the 1890s Alaska Gold Rush.
* Are working on Capitol Hill with our champion Congressman George Miller of California to win cosponsors for the Protect America’s Wildlife (PAW) Act to end Palin’s barbaric aerial killing and prevent programs like it from spreading to other states; and
* Are raising public awareness in the media to Palin’s horrible wolf-killing programs in newspapers, on radio and television across the country.

In just a few weeks, Governor Palin is scheduled to appear in Indianapolis. With your emergency help, we can run this ad and ensure that citizens in Indiana and the national media covering her appearance learn the terrible truth of what Palin and her killing thugs have been up to over the last few weeks.

Please make an emergency donation today to help underwrite our state court action and advocacy on Capitol Hill and to expand our Eye on Palin campaign through our new ad.

We need to raise $185, 000 by next Friday to run our ad and expand the Eye on Palin campaign. Please make your donation today.

We can win this fight with your compassionate help. Please send whatever caring contribution you can today. Thank you for all you do.

Sincerely,

Rodger Schlickeisen Rodger Schlickeisen, President Signature
Rodger Schlickeisen
President
Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund

P.S. Make a secure donation online today or call 1-800-425-4632 to help us run our new ad and support comprehensive action to protect wolves and other wildlife in Alaska.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol,that was a tad disturbing...

message 23: by Lyla, wolf/warriors loving head mod (new)

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

message 24: by Lyla, wolf/warriors loving head mod (new)

PLZ! Not for the faint of heart!

http://www.nps.gov/dena/parknews/imag...

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

omg..........she rlly deserves 2 die!

message 26: by Lyla, wolf/warriors loving head mod (new)

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!