TV We've Just Watched discussion

Cancelled/Series Ended > Friday Night Lights

Comments Showing 1-50 of 128 (128 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Holli (last edited Jan 17, 2009 06:30AM) (new)

Holli The new season started up last night....any watchers?? This show was a surprise for us.....we did not expect to like it as much as we do. I loved the movie and thought the show would be stupid. Its not at all. Huge hit in my house. We still love this show!!

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) LOL you know what's crazy I've seen this season already on the 101 with DirectTv they aired this entire season commercial free. I thought NBC axed it but I guess not.

message 3: by Holli (new)

Holli I knew Direct TV was going to do that but since we don't have it I had to wait until NBC aired it :)

message 4: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Hurray!!!! NBC has come to their senses!!! What were they thinking only allowing one tv carrier to broadcast it and NOT making it available online?!

message 5: by Holli (new)

Holli Should have known you love this show too Roxy!!

;)

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) This is a very emotional season. I've cried on atleast three of these shows. I don't know how people aren't watching this show. It's a very well put together show.

message 7: by Holli (new)

Holli I'm getting excited to see more of this season now Jael!! I love this show......I really feel the actors and actresses are amazing in how they make me believe this is really their life. This show is down to earth and true to how people are. I also love how they film it....it adds to that documentary feel.

message 8: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Tedesco (sylviatedesco) | 1 comments We love this show. We watched Seasons one and two from Netflix and I guess we will wait and do the same for season three. Wonderful marriage, great sense of small town life. Great writing.

message 9: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I love the way they "write" the show. I get the impression the actors are told to add-lib a lot of stuff thus making it feel more real.

message 10: by Holli (new)

Holli I actually think i read an interview with the mom and dad and they said they do alot of ad-libbing. I love it!!

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) you can tell b/c the show comes off so realistic. It's to watch a show that gets you emotional involved with the character. I mean when the Panthers lose a game I feel just as crushed

message 12: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Poor Jason Street. He's just trying do something with his life so as to provide for his baby and his baby-mama and she up and leaves.

Wasn't he helping with Panthers coaching at the end of last season?

message 13: by Holli (new)

Holli Wasn't it sad? i feel bad for that guy....he's had enough heartbreak in his life ya know?

message 14: by Holli (new)

Holli Poor Jason....I was so sad when she left with the baby. Do you think she'll turn around and come back though? She has to see how much he loves them both!

Loved it when Tim took JD to the party.... :)

message 15: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments The phone conversation between Jason, Baby-mama and baby was sweet. Even the guys stopped and listen in, in what seemed to be a non-jerky kind of way. I thought she (I have no idea what her name is) appeared to be having second thoughts. Last week he said I love you when they were hanging up. She did not. This week he immediately said I miss you guys and her trip-over-tongue respons was "We love you too, I mean we miss you."

So Matt & Julie.....looked like somebody got their first time kicks in the leaves.

message 16: by Holli (new)

Holli I think so!! Cute huh?

Yeah, I'm wondering if she's having second thoughts. I can't remember her name either.

message 17: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Ah young love. Any bets how long till they get busted "doing it" somewhere?

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) oh man I was about to do a spoiler but I'll just say everything works out for Jason

message 19: by Holli (new)

Holli Spoil away Jael...I don't mind them!!

message 20: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I knew I got a good feeling from that phone call!
I think I asked this before but no one responded (or I didn't see it)
Wasn't Jason helping out with coaching the Panthers at the end of last season?

message 21: by Holli (new)

Holli I can't remember Roxy...I know he was at some point.....what happened with that?

message 22: by Holli (new)

Holli I just saw the spoilers you were talking about Jael...I'm glad that Jason goes to NYC to try his hand at being an agent. He'd be great at that!!

message 23: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I just watched this past weeks episode. Have I mentioned the monster crush I have on Riggins? I just wanted to hug him and tell him I'd be his new best friend.....with special priviledges!

message 24: by Holli (new)

Holli Yeah he is such a cutie huh?? I love how sweet he is way down inside.....

message 25: by Janette (new)

Janette (ash62407) I love this show and watched last season too. I love Tami as principal she's a force to be reckoned with.

message 26: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Next week is the season finale already! :-(

message 27: by Holli (new)

Holli I know and they aren't sure if/when its coming back either....I love this show.....I'll be so disappointed if it doesn't come back again/

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) What they can't get rid of this show. I really think this is the best show out there. I don't know how people aren't watching this.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Holli wrote: "I just saw the spoilers you were talking about Jael...I'm glad that Jason goes to NYC to try his hand at being an agent. He'd be great at that!!"

Wasn't Jason wrap up story such a tear jerker. I'm glad he got his Family back. I also cried when Smash got into college those seens with his mother were great.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Roxy wrote: "I just watched this past weeks episode. Have I mentioned the monster crush I have on Riggins? I just wanted to hug him and tell him I'd be his new best friend.....with special priviledges!"

LOL I've always had that crush. He and Steven Strait are the only two reasons I watch the Covenant over and over.

message 31: by Holli (new)

Holli So everyone got a sorta kinda happy ending in a way....except maybe Coach Taylor huh?

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Yeah but you know next season Coach Taylor is going to hit Dillon hard. I can't believe they got rid of him. he wasn't just a coach to those boys , he was mentor. Wait will there be a next season?

message 33: by Holli (new)

Holli I just read that DirectTV picked it back up again for next season so I'm assuming that means we'll see it again like they did this year....first on DirectTV and then on NBC.

Its going to create a GREAT rivalry huh? I can't wait!

message 34: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments First I need to once again b*tch about the only on DirectTV then maybe on network bull sh*t! Grrrrr.....so f'in stupid!! I just don't get it!!! I love the show but I am not going to switch providers just to watch it!

Ok, moving on....
I was crying when Sarasin dropped his Grandma off at the nursing home and then when he went back and got her...."You're the only person who never left me..." I'm gonna cry just thinking about it! But, we don't what he's going to do now that he is staying.

I just want to beat the crap out of the pompos football dad (forget his name) forcing out Coach Taylor. Not to mention the rest of the board that voted him out!!

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) IA My blood was boiling. I couldn't even believe they were thinking about getting rid of him and than they went and did it. *Murderous* lol All in this was a great season . It had alot of "I need a tissue" moment. I'm glad it will be back for another season.

message 36: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments But why is NBC always so "on the fense" about it?! After each season they've threaten to cancel! Maybe we should all write emails to NBC and let them know that there are people who LOVE this show?

message 37: by Holli (new)

Holli Here is some stuff on all of that Roxy---

“Friday Night Lights” fans have to be wondering how the ratings have been since the show debuted on NBC. Well, the show averaged 4.17 million viewers over its first three episodes, which is down from 5.61 million last season. Michael Ausiello says that the show “will be back provided all (or most) of the 4.6 million people that tuned in for last Friday’s season premiere … stick around for the entire season. And they’d be fools not to.”

Hopefully, “Friday Night Lights” can stay above the 4.0 million level so that NBC is getting enough out of the show to continue to co-own the rights with DirecTV.

2 More Seasons!
01 Apr 2009 16:37 by don

It's official, 26 more episodes of Friday Night Lights! Once again the episodes will appear on Direct TV in the fall and rerun on NBC in the Winter/Spring. [nytimes:]

NBC and DirectTV do this Roxy so that they can share the cost of producing the show and keep it on the air. DirectTV puts up more of the money so they air it first and then NBC is able to air the "reruns" basically. I'm glad they do this because the alternative would be to cancel it altogether and I don't want that. I always tell people how great this show is and most people I know blow me off about it or don't even know it exists. Horrible huh?

message 38: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments If cancelation is the other option then I suppose it is sort of ok that they share.

I think a lot of people blow it off because they think its all Football. I think if they sat and watched an episode, hell even if they just watching the opening montage they'd realize it is not all football.

message 39: by Holli (new)

Holli Not at all....football is only about 80% of the show. I try to tell them that!! LOL

message 40: by Holli (new)

Holli Its been officially renewed but I don't know if that means its going to air on NBC first or DirectTV first..... hmmmm

message 41: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments *sigh* if they are going to do the split deal again I think they should do it on NBC first this time. :-D

message 42: by Holli (new)

Holli Me too!!

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Yeah it's been renewed for two season in deal with Directv so yeah I think they will be during the dual showings again. Which sucks for me because I switched to Dish

message 44: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Two seasons?!?! That is awesome. I've got dish too. LOVE FNLs but not enough to switch from Dish to Direct. Sorry FNL!

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Yeah I'm liking Dish as well also sorry about the post but I'm on my phone and editing is hard.

message 46: by Holli (new)

Holli Two seasons?! YAY!!!!!

message 47: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Has anyone heard or seen anything about when or if FNL is coming back? I love this show.

message 48: by Holli (new)

Holli It is coming back but midseason so January maybe?

message 49: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Thanks! :)

message 50: by Holli (new)

Holli I've been watching this on Direct TV lately and its a REALLY good season. REALLY good.

« previous 1 3