Fantasy role play discussion

Roleplay #1 > Gods / Godessess

Comments Showing 1-50 of 133 (133 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mashley310) I'm going to be unavailable this weekend, so I won't be role playing at all. I want to know what people think about having God's and goddesses and if you want to, come up with some gods or goddesses.

Ttyl

message 2: by Leiko (new)

Leiko Xantara (arrogant_protector) | 253 comments Like greek gods?

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mashley310) kinda....

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mashley310) I'm gonna give a general overview and come up with a few major gods.

Okay... so let's say that at one time the gods were at war. They destroyed so much that they created a treaty. They would not attack each other directly, only though certain humans. These humans, known as godlings, are chose at birth. Each god can choose one a year, and has a certain power over that person. They can order that person around however they choose, and punish or reward that person with anything except immortality. they can resurrect a godling, as long as they did not die a natural death. (Sickness or old age mostly)

They all have basic godlike powers, stuff like controlling elements and such, but each god has specific powers as well, that apply only to them.

So yeah. I think that's all thats needed to start. Feel free to come up with any gods of ur own, although I'm going to come up with a few basic gods.

Helkios

God of the day

Patron of daytime animals (including humans) such as birds and horses.

Can sometimes create these "day animals" Also has more power over the elements than other gods during the day.

Herna

Godess of night

Patron of night creatures such as vampires, owls, and werewolfs.

Can sometimes create these night creaturs; also has more powers over the elements than the other gods at night.

George (I know... not incredibly creative or anything)

God of judgment

Helps settle conflict between the gods, is not able to adopt godlings or go to war with other gods.

Whatever he says, goes. No god can act against something he has said, and no god can mess with him, even through godlings

Felon

God of anger

Evil, pretty much is the trouble make among the gods

Can cause nightmares and pain among humans with flick of hand. Aleeah's master

Lauren

Goddess of hapiness

Good god, Felon's rival.

Can bring hapiness people. Can give humans and other creatures gifts from gods. Can give animals speech and intelligence.

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mashley310) Oh yeah... gods and goddesses can be controlled by any role player, but if it will affect any players but your own, try to check and see if ppl don't mind.

message 6: by Allison (new)

Allison (abriea) | 1211 comments I want to add...

Syble

goddess of Death

Keeps to herself, very dark and sometimes comes off as crule

Kills people and brings them to wherever they go after they die (i dont want to conflict w/ religions here)

message 7: by Leiko (new)

Leiko Xantara (arrogant_protector) | 253 comments I like Syble. Alll the places I go the god of death is always a male. No females.

message 8: by Allison (new)

Allison (abriea) | 1211 comments yah, i know. Got to have a female death god somewhere.

message 9: by Leiko (new)

Leiko Xantara (arrogant_protector) | 253 comments yeah

message 10: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mashley310) :-)

message 11: by ~ ! ♥ I rp therefore I am Awesome ♥ ! ~ , The Brilliant Assistant!!!! <3 (new)

~ ! ♥ I rp therefore I am Awesome ♥ ! ~  (jessicatheawsomeone) | 1895 comments Mod
I am going to add Aegle. she is a real goddess this is the website i got her from http://www.names-meanings.net/names/g...

here is what the website said about her
Aegle
AEGLE: Latin form of Greek Aigle, myth name of one of the Heliades, one of the Hesperides, and a Naiad, meaning light, radiance

message 12: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mashley310) In Greek mythology, the Naiads or Naiades (Ναϊάδες from the Greek νάειν, "to flow," and νἃμα, "running water") were a type of nymph who presided over fountains, wells, springs, streams, and brooks[1:].

Aegle was the name for a few different things in Greek mythology, but for this we'll say she was the daughter of Zeus. Or in our roleplay, George. Unless Jessica says otherwise, because it was her god originally.

message 13: by Allison (new)

Allison (abriea) | 1211 comments Darres
Messenger God (excuse my spelling please)
carries messages from godlings to gods and goddesses when the actual god or goddess is busy or unavailable.

message 14: by Leiko (new)

Leiko Xantara (arrogant_protector) | 253 comments That job would be so much fun.

message 15: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mashley310) lol... or annoying.

message 16: by Allison (new)

Allison (abriea) | 1211 comments true

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

It would be irritating to me.

message 18: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mashley310) Okay... i'm going to add this change here for ppl too lazy to read the posts in the story section

But we decided that gods were to be played by the godling unless permission is given. And I don't know what to do about the gods without godlings but we'll deal with that when we need to, unless anyone has ideas.

message 19: by Allison (new)

Allison (abriea) | 1211 comments How about whoever calls them plays them. And if they show up on their own whoever said that they showed up.

message 20: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mashley310) kk... again... works for me.

message 21: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mashley310) Elli, Jaci, and Tina

triplets, daughters of George. Have some basic healing abilities and can call animals to themselves and have them do things for them. Can also raise force fields. Have the most power when all three are working together, but still have enough when separated.

message 22: by Delia (new)

Delia (unfogettablelex) YAY!! sorry ive been like looking for this group and couldnt find you guys so yea i just thought the whole god and goddess thing was cool so im asking if you guys dont mind if i join??

message 23: by Ashley (last edited Nov 09, 2009 01:50PM) (new)

Ashley (mashley310) have fun.... :-)

Although I strongly suggest you take a few hours and read everything leading up to what's going on now.

message 24: by Delia (new)

Delia (unfogettablelex) okai awesome thanks alot XD

message 25: by Allison (new)

Allison (abriea) | 1211 comments yay!~ new person! But it might take you a while to read all the nonesense we have been RP-ing.

message 26: by Delia (new)

Delia (unfogettablelex) well yepperz its really good tho like really good reminds me of a screen play i wrote and you can call me alex if you want because delia is just the name i use im kinda shy lets just say i resemble my character alot

message 27: by ~ ! ♥ I rp therefore I am Awesome ♥ ! ~ , The Brilliant Assistant!!!! <3 (new)

~ ! ♥ I rp therefore I am Awesome ♥ ! ~  (jessicatheawsomeone) | 1895 comments Mod
ok lolZ... HI! u can call me AJ

message 28: by Delia (new)

Delia (unfogettablelex) awesome lolz

message 29: by Allison (new)

Allison (abriea) | 1211 comments call me Jane. :)

message 30: by Delia (new)

Delia (unfogettablelex) okaiz Xd did you know i love jane off of twilight shes so cool im suprised with myself lolz

message 31: by Allison (new)

Allison (abriea) | 1211 comments I know, she owns. I mean come on think and then bam, pain.

message 32: by Delia (new)

Delia (unfogettablelex) yea thats so cool like it would wrok to do that

message 33: by Allison (new)

Allison (abriea) | 1211 comments yea. Make a charrie and RP WITH US! it is so much fun! YAY! course we kinda are stuck in the middle of a battle but you can come talk to Juliet if you want. (my charrie along with her brother Alex [this is going to get confusing:])

message 34: by Delia (new)

Delia (unfogettablelex) omg i know and im like yeesh with all the argue and im like this is getting confusing and well sadly my friend thaught me a bad habbit with grammar and spelling so im like blah and sure ill probly be in the shadows and find some way to make some sort of piece or make people see me and sorry if i get more like story like its kinda the fact that i write screen plays and storys like the one on my page :]

message 35: by Allison (new)

Allison (abriea) | 1211 comments yah. I have bad spelling 2. But just try to use grammer because we get REALLY confused about that. but like spelling is no big deal as long as u recongise the word.

message 36: by Delia (new)

Delia (unfogettablelex) yeppers oh woww this story is so long heehee

message 37: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mashley310) lol... yeah.... i tried to get my friend to read the whole thing, but she gave up eventually.

message 38: by Delia (new)

Delia (unfogettablelex) well its only like what 46 pages long about thats nothing to me heehee i should be done by the end of the week since i still have school and stuff and i need to catch up lolz

message 39: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mashley310) yeah... i know the feeling.

message 40: by Delia (new)

Delia (unfogettablelex) heehee its like so boring cuz i get to stay at home and stuff but just the reading and ugh its taking forever and im like ugh please someone save me im talking to my bf but still

message 41: by Delia (new)

Delia (unfogettablelex) ashley you like tamora pierce really??

message 42: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mashley310) oui.... je l'adore!

message 43: by Delia (new)

Delia (unfogettablelex) vraiment ?! and you speak french ??

message 44: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mashley310) uh huh... je l'adore aussi.

wow... i should really stop randomly typing stuff in french...

message 45: by Delia (new)

Delia (unfogettablelex) dont worry i speak fluent french so i understand it lolz and yea its amazing heehee and hey just btw sincei asked really you would have said yes just you know yea lolz

message 46: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mashley310) punctuation makes posts a lot easier to read.... just saying. :-)

im not fluent yet... I've been taking for two or three years. But i can usually get the point of what im trying to say across.

message 47: by Allison (new)

Allison (abriea) | 1211 comments Ahh no french. JAPANESE! course TAMORA PIERCE RULES. But just saying.

message 48: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mashley310) lol... I have many friends and a sister who are obsessed w/ Japanese, but i still think French is better.

message 49: by Delia (new)

Delia (unfogettablelex) i like both i cant speak japanese but i understand mostly and french its my first language nodz :]

message 50: by Allison (new)

Allison (abriea) | 1211 comments I just started taking it. It's pretty cool. I normally fail at languages and took Spanish for 9 years before giving it up because I had learned nothing.

« previous 1 3