Mormon Kids discussion

Young Women > Joining Young Women

Comments Showing 1-50 of 269 (269 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) Hey, I'm about to join Young Women. My birthday is this month (January). Is it scary when you first get there? Any special requirements to go? I feel like I know nothing about it, even though I've been part of the LDS church my whole life.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi! I joined YW this month too!! Sunday- it is a little scary, but at least in my ward everyone is sooo nice! Wednesday- Its also a little scary, but once you start doing the activity you just forget it all, and have fun!

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather (eastgirl2010) | 13 comments Girls, don't worry. I was scared when i first joined but trust me it is soo much fun. One hint is to really do your personal progress and don't be afraid to get involved. The more you get involved the more fun it will be.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, and if you already have friends in YW, its even better. YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! And dont be nervous, its not scary at all! I just joined two years ago. :D

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather (eastgirl2010) | 13 comments Yep i'm a laural now. IT is fun. One of the reasons i like it is b/c my stake meets as a group every week for the activity. So i get to know girls from all over the city and from 4 diff. high schools.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) Haha don't worry, it isn't that bad. My birthday is in January too ((tomorrow!!)) so i was the oldest. It is really fun though. when we sang the opening hymn it was so pretty! and the activities are really fun too. Don't worry!

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather (eastgirl2010) | 13 comments Ya. How many girls are in your wards? (that come on sunday?)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I have between 10-15. But my friend has 30 in her ward. :D We have wayyyyyy more primary kids than we have YM and YW. *sigh* Hey, you you have any tips on how to get inactives to come to church without pushing them too much?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

theres 23 beehives in my ward!

message 10: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (last edited Jan 16, 2009 05:05PM) (new)

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) I have about twenty or thirty in all.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

23 BEEHIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOw, we have 5 (counting me) and 2 are inactive.

message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather (eastgirl2010) | 13 comments WOW you guys are soo lucky. In my ward its me and my sister and every other week this one other girl. then in my stake we can get 15 to 20 girls to come on a good week. Cristi a good way to get girls to come is to start with just being their friend. Try geting them to come to yw durring the week first then get them to come on sunday. We have a lot of inactive girls in my ward and stake and we are always working on that. Let them know that you realy want them there.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I know! And I do but......they ignor me. :(

message 14: by Kami ♥ (new)

Kami ♥  C. | 164 comments YW is so fun and way better than primary. We have lots of fun, but one thing i look forward for is Young Women's camp or girls camp. Is is YW camp or Girls camp??

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

i call it girls camp

i cant wait for girls camp! im soo nervous, but sooo excited!

message 16: by Kami ♥ (new)

Kami ♥  C. | 164 comments yeah i call it girls camp too but some people call it YW camp

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah...

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I call it girls camp. ANd dont be nervous! Its sooooooooo much fun! This was my first year.

message 19: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy oh guys, guess what?! Sad day...I was released from my presidency. I was president of the beehives but they change it every six months.' don't know whatcha got tell its gone....' Sad!!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, Im sorry. But be happy for the new president! And give her advice. I sure wish that our old beehive president (who is now the secretary) would give ME advice (Im the Beehive president).

message 21: by Kami ♥ (new)

Kami ♥  C. | 164 comments ohh wow. i am the first counseler in the beehive presidency. it is really fun, i especially love to plan the activities, thats reallly fun

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice. You guys want to see something awesome. So, when you go on goodreads, it says like "the greatest books ever" and the BOok of Mormon was number 2. AMAZING HUH?!

message 23: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) Cristi wrote: "Nice. You guys want to see something awesome. So, when you go on goodreads, it says like "the greatest books ever" and the BOok of Mormon was number 2. AMAZING HUH?!"

whoa! that's amazing! i can't believe it actually made number two!

message 24: by Dannee (new)

Dannee | 34 comments planning activites is wayy fun my mom is the yw pres and shes all for us planning activities and stuff and im the miamaid secretary now and we getta new miamaid TOMORROW!!!!! we call her chicken shes beast at volleyball
and i am soo pumped for girls camp ths year FOURTH YEAR!!!!!!!!! "my fourth years" [thts wht i call em:] and i are crazy together theres 6 of us me lucy corly madie shanbuddy and lexie

message 25: by Kami ♥ (new)

Kami ♥  C. | 164 comments Yeah i think its so great that the BoM got 2nd its so cool that many people have read it.

message 26: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) it's a great book. some ppl don't get how it helps us, but i finally do. *sigh* i can't wait till my bday (1/26), i don't get what people are talking about since i'm not in YW quite yet.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, when you get in you will be on cloud 9. :D ANd Dannee, they invented commas for a reason (sorry, that was NOT meant to be rude, it is just really bothersome to me when people dont use correct punctuation. :D)

message 28: by Dannee (new)

Dannee | 34 comments i dont believe in correct punctuation like i also dont believe in shoes, time, or capital letters (except in english or when showing emphasis)

message 29: by Heather (new)

Heather (eastgirl2010) | 13 comments I agree with Dannee, i hate spelling too.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I dislike spelling, but it always gives me a headache to read stuff without punctuation. At least put in periods, please? Im sorry to be a bother. :(

message 31: by Dannee (new)

Dannee | 34 comments but i dont write in complete sentences!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Which can get problamatic. OH well. Ignor the grumbling kiwi (thats what my friends call me.) :D

message 33: by Dannee (new)

Dannee | 34 comments i like kiwis .

message 34: by Kami ♥ (new)

Kami ♥  C. | 164 comments U guys are so silly.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Like Kiwi bird or fruit? I like the bird more (They are my fav animal!)

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

And I take being silly as a compliment, so if you want to insult me, come up with something better! *note* I know that that wasnt an insult, just a happy thought, right?

message 37: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Wallace (sibes11sbcglobalnet) Just so you know, Cristi, I'm with you about the punctuation and grammar thing. It's always tough to decode bad punctuation/grammar. However, I'm a total English nut so I actually love spelling ***slinks off so that nobody can laugh at idiocy***

message 38: by Kami ♥ (new)

Kami ♥  C. | 164 comments Cristi wrote: "And I take being silly as a compliment, so if you want to insult me, come up with something better! *note* I know that that wasnt an insult, just a happy thought, right?"

That wasnt an insult i was just laughing about what u guys were saying, its just funny thats all

message 39: by Dannee (new)

Dannee | 34 comments kiwi fruit and btw i learned to talk and write my name in a very small town where the most popular footwear is bare feet so i kinda have an excuse

message 40: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) Anyone wanna tell me anything really exciting that happens in YW? Something personal or something that you'll never forget that happened in YW? Do you become really close with your YW class?

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

IM SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They reorganized my YW presidancy, and they took away my beehive advisor whom I love! Now Im SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

message 42: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) i don't like when they call new people. it's nice to meet new people. in my ward, they redid the YW presidency and Primary Presidency.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

i HAVE SOMETHING THAT IS SUPER FUN! The beehive Father Daughter Dance! Our stake had ours last night and it was so much fun! My dad and I aren't really close, but I think that this brought us closer together!

message 44: by Kami ♥ (last edited Jan 26, 2009 01:21PM) (new)

Kami ♥  C. | 164 comments Anuhea wrote: "Anyone wanna tell me anything really exciting that happens in YW? Something personal or something that you'll never forget that happened in YW? Do you become really close with your YW class?"

well its kinda long to type but I'll try. at girls camp one of my leaders came and she was deaf so she didnt know the rules for canooing, so i said i wanted to splash a boat but i dont want to get wet. she laughed so we went over and the leader started splashing with her paddle and u couldnt splash with your paddle, and the other girls got so mad. they came out soaked head to toe. it was way funny. after that we told her the rules and then she understood better. i will never forget that. lol

message 45: by Dannee (new)

Dannee | 34 comments exciting tht happens in yw...hmmmm.. well when you turn 14 you getta go to dances (!!!) and my ward and another ward in my stake was asked to plan the feb. dance and the theme is wayy awesome --prince and princess--im soo pumped im gonna be giselle [from enchanted:] and my bro is gonna be prince edward!
another fun thing is girls camp! its my fave part of the summer (that and efy)

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Im not 14 yet (sad I know) so I cant go to dances. Not that I really want to..... all the guys in my stake are odd.... or at least the ones in my ward..........

message 47: by Kami ♥ (new)

Kami ♥  C. | 164 comments haha lol.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

:D *sigh* :( Im sad. My dad went to Las Vegas. He is ALWAYS GOING ON BUISINESS TRIPS!!!!!!! ANd he always has to work late. :( *sniffle*

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Same with my dad, Cristi. Right now he's probably in Seattle right now.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

We feel eachother's pain, dont we?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6