The Producers discussion

Books > Books You Hate

Comments Showing 1-50 of 82 (82 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

Amy (Runawaymarbles) | 474 comments Mod
Books you want to rant about, feel free to do so here.

message 2: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 91 comments hmm... ERAGON!! like, when i first read the book, it was awesome, i liked it blablabla, then the second one comes out, not as great, but still good... then the movie. i was so mad at paulini for selling all the rights for eragon to those movie people (basically giving them permission to do whatever they wanted) that right then i decided he was a moron. this ruined the first book for me, and the second one wasn't tha great it the first place, and now hating the author it's hard to like the book.... i have to say, brisingr was awesome, but it gave even more evidence to paulini's complete moronism in that he ran out of room, and now has a four book trilogy. brilliant.

haha, sorry 'bout that... i've been complaining nonstop since the movie haha...

message 3: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

What irriates me about those books is that they are so similar to The Lord Of The Rings. Even the languages are similar.

Gotta go skiing- be back on sunday.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I HATED THE MOVIE FOR ERAGON!!!! I used to love the books, but now they're just OK.

message 5: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 91 comments exactly, not. i mean, exactly, and i'm saying it to "not". not, i'm saying exactly, and then saying "not" as in, "not really".
not, you have a confuzzing name. i aggree with you though. there.

message 6: by Seth, (Jet) *Sigh* I wish I was ambidextrious (new)

Seth (NinjaaaaaofWritingbooks) | 228 comments Mod
haha just uploaded eragon to my ipod and plan to listen to it bcuz i could never get though it reading . . . i hope its good.

message 7: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

ok

message 8: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 91 comments Seth wrote: "haha just uploaded eragon to my ipod and plan to listen to it bcuz i could never get though it reading . . . i hope its good."

ouch- as a warning, the guy who reads it sounds terrible... he makes saphira sound... i dunno, male... and mentally challenged.

message 9: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

lol!

message 10: by Seth, (Jet) *Sigh* I wish I was ambidextrious (new)

Seth (NinjaaaaaofWritingbooks) | 228 comments Mod
lol thanks for the warning ;D

message 11: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

and Twilight... *cringe*

message 12: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livibooks3) I'm not even going to comment on you Twilight haters... i mean I'm not a Twilight lover but back off people you do not know what you are getting yourselves into....
and yeah we all hated how the movie changed the book and yeah it was a stupid move by paolini but give the guy a break he wrote the first book at eighteen a genius has brain lapses too. anywho unlike SOME PEOPLE I didn't let that ruin the books for me- the movie is NOT the book get that into your heads people- and was perfectly happy with all three books currently out. and yeah I know that he made it similar to LOTR but when you think about it it is almost impossible not to recycle a plot when you write unless you are pure unadulterated unabridged genius like Tolkien and of course everyone is going to copy stuff from such a master but as long as everybody knows where they gt the idea it's no big deal and at least Paolini took the time to make languages and a map and stuff so yeah and if I was talking I would have said this all in 4 breaths or less because of my lack of commas and sparse periods so yeah probly longest post in this topic

message 13: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (Squiggles) | 99 comments o_O
wow....

message 14: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livibooks3) monolith wrote: "hmm... ERAGON!! like, when i first read the book, it was awesome, i liked it blablabla, then the second one comes out, not as great, but still good... then the movie. i was so mad at paulini for se..."
haha it was kind of dumb of him to run out of room and have a four book trilogy, but on the upside if you ever want to sell an edition you bought of eragon or eldest before brisingr came out it will be worth more if it says inheritance trilogy. and yeah brisingr was awesome :) but then I already had some of this discussion with you, didn't I Monolith ? :)

message 15: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (Taleoflostink) | 101 comments TWAILIGHT

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Indian Captive sucks.

message 17: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (Taleoflostink) | 101 comments nvr heard of it

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Good. You have not been cursed.(yet)

message 19: by jeeves... (last edited Feb 08, 2009 09:53PM) (new)

jeeves... | 91 comments Olivia wrote: "haha it was kind of dumb of him to run out of room and have a four book trilogy, but on the upside if you ever want to sell an edition you bought of eragon or eldest before brisingr came out it will be worth more if it says inheritance trilogy. and yeah brisingr was awesome :) but then I already had some of this discussion with you, didn't I Monolith ? :)"

hahaha, yesh... :D

message 20: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livibooks3) :P

message 21: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 91 comments :P squared...
(:P x :P)

message 22: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

I dispise twilight, because it defies science. I mean, what's with vampires, who have no blood flow, getting- um- aroused? you need blood for that, folks.

message 23: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livibooks3) Marisol, do you like fantasy? EVERY FANTASY BOOK EVER WRITTEN, INCLUDING "SCIENCE" FICTION DEFIES SCIENCE!!!!

message 24: by Squiggles{Kelly} (last edited Feb 10, 2009 02:23PM) (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (Squiggles) | 99 comments You know, i never thought of that...but it's definitely not my biggest problem with Twilight. :D

message 25: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

Yes, but still. I like some fantasy. I know that you can't really shoot light out of a stick, or have a ring that makes you corruptable, or live forever. But vampire arousal? She doesn't even make an excuse! no blood substitute or anything. URGH!

message 26: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livibooks3) haha whatever

message 27: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 91 comments marisol,you have far too much thinking time.... and your mind goes... funny places... my only problem with the book was when i got to page, like, 56 or whatever, and decided that it was too girly for me, and that's when i stopped. *shrugz* i required no real reason.... especially not... that. O.o

message 28: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livibooks3) hem hem.

message 29: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

sorry. That just irritated me. I mean, Bella is everything your parents worry about; married and pregnant at 18, to use one example. And everyone luvs her.

message 30: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 91 comments hahaha, i wasn't complaining, i was just pointing out that you think too much... being stupid can be fun... <;B

message 31: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (last edited Feb 12, 2009 08:55PM) (new)

I think too much? that's a new one.

message 32: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livibooks3) haha

message 33: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 91 comments hahaha...

message 34: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

ηαηαηα

message 35: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (Squiggles) | 99 comments akshully, Μαρισολ θε Mιγητψ, my parents would worry more if it was pregnant and unmarried...but, maybe they'd prefer it to married to a vampire...idk.

message 36: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

yah, but she got married at eighteen and had a kid RIGHT AWAY. when that happens, you wonder if she was pregnant first... O_o.

message 37: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

and what happened to Renee?

message 38: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (Squiggles) | 99 comments Renee?

message 39: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

her mom. Kind of important. But no, 'Bella is sick for the rest of my life! O what a shame!'

message 40: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (Squiggles) | 99 comments yesh...

message 41: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 91 comments *sigh* i'm completely out of this conversation... did you finish the books marisol? cuz you sound like you did

message 42: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:23AM) (new)

I did. I was dragged against my will (well, kinda. Mostly we ate cookings, argued about Jacob/Edward, and listened to 'I kissed a girl' and threw balloons at each other's heads) to a Breaking Dawn party. I got a phone call from a friend a week before 'we need more people at this new book store's party. You have one week to read the books or else'. So i did.

message 43: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 91 comments ah. i see. and that song creeps me out... the first time we heard it, me and my cousin thought it was just a guy singing, who sounded like a girl (like the jonas sisters haha...) and then a couple days later he's like, "no dude, that was a girl singing"... anywayz.... creepy...

message 44: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

it's called 'lesbian', monolith. Not exactly uncommon.

message 45: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 91 comments haha, didn't say uncommon, said creepy. unusual.

message 46: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

*groan* don't tell me you're another in a long line of homophobes.

message 47: by Olivia (last edited Feb 13, 2009 07:55PM) (new)

Olivia (livibooks3) It doesn't creep me out, but I thought it was a guy at first too.
what really creeps me out is they used to have state laws in some places where you could be arrested for being gay. People are so prejudiced. And its not just against gays. Even the founding fathers said "all men are created equal" very purposefully. women weren't to them. they couldn't even vote.

message 48: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

*cough*Prop8*cough*

message 49: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livibooks3) what?

message 50: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livibooks3) prop 8?

« previous 1