Glens Falls (NY) Online Book Discussion Group discussion

What are U doing today? > Fri. Jan. 16, 2009 - What are U doing today?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Today I plan to stay home and keep warm. With the below-freezing temperatures, I have no desire to go anywhere.

The best thing to do in weather like this is to curl up with a good book!

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 6319 comments Our normal temp is in the mid 20's this time of year. It's 4 below. Yuck! We rarely ever get this cold. I've got to work, but luckily it's in an office. I'd hate to be out building a house or fixing fences today!

message 3: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments I don't know how anyone can work outside today. I'm really getting tired of this cold weather.

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 6319 comments Is your heat fixed yet?

message 5: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Yes, the furnace is fixed. Seems that water in a drain hose froze and blocked the drainage. So the furnace shut down. It's a condensing-type furnace, my husband says. The repair cost was $117.

It was a frightening experience because of the extremely low temperatures outside. Thanks for asking.

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 6319 comments Super! Something so simple cost so much. Bet that won't happen again.

message 7: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments It better not! They made some adjustments to prevent it from happening again... I hope.