Glens Falls (NY) Online Book Discussion Group discussion

Let's compare weather! > Weather - Fri. Jan. 16, 2009 - What's YOUR weather?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Jan 16, 2009 01:55AM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Glens Falls, NY - Fri. Jan. 16, 2009
Current temp at 4:47AM: -26°F

Today: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 11.
Wind chill values as low as -18.

Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around -19.
West wind around 6 mph becoming calm.

Above from: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick....

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 6158 comments -26?!!! That's disgusting! We're 4 degrees & that's horrible.

message 3: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Yes, it's unbelievable. The dog doesn't want to go out and I don't blame him. It's a problem for sure. We've left the water trickling so that the pipes don't freeze.

I pity anyone whose car gets stuck anywhere. It's almost dangerous to travel at these temps.

message 4: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Our furnace has stopped working. Our house is down to 60 degrees. We called our usual heating fellow, but could only leave a message. So we called another heating company. They said they'll send a technician by mid-morning. Meanwhile we've got heaters going as well as the oven in our electric stove. Thanks goodness for electricity!

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 6158 comments Ouch! Good luck, Joy!

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckymurr) Joy H. (of Glens Falls) wrote: "Our furnace has stopped working. Our house is down to 60 degrees. We called our usual heating fellow, but could only leave a message. So we called another heating company. They said they'll send a ..."

Oh NO Joy-stay warm & good luck!!!

message 7: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Yep, I'm all bundled up here. Current temp is -16°F. The heating man just arrived. He started the furnace with no problem. He can't figure out why it stopped. They're testing the furnace. Dog is running after the furnace man. (lol)

Anyway, he says he's being kept very busy today with the cold weather. His company does plumbing and heating. I can imagine all the people with frozen pipes today! Fortunately our pipes are OK with the trickle going. Fingers crossed.

message 8: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Jan 16, 2009 07:19AM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Service man "fixed" the furnace... pulled out of the driveway and the furnace stopped again. We shouted and called him back. He's still trying to figure out what's wrong.

PS - Temp outside is now -7°F at 10:19 AM.