Broadway Musical Lovers! discussion

Who Would You Be?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 16 comments Okay, so say you have the opportunity to be ANY person in ANY musical. Who would you choose? And don't just say everybody, really think about it and narrow it down to less than five! :)

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (brodwaystar) | 14 comments Mod
hmmm. idk I will have to think about that...

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Colvin (colvinh) I would definetely have to say Fantine from Les Miserables. Her character is so deep, and I would love to have the opportunity to act in the emotional way her character is.

message 4: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 16 comments Fantine is super cool! I think it would also be really fun to be Eponine in Les Miserables. I like the songs she gets to sing and even though she is a depressing character, she has a cool death scene!

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (beatlesgirl94) Oh gosh. That's hard.... I would love to be Sarah Brown in Guys and Dolls..... but I think Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady would be such a fun part!

message 6: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 16 comments My high school is doing My Fair Lady this year. I am super excited! I love the music and your right, Eliza would be so much FUN!

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (beatlesgirl94) AAAAAAAYYYYY!!!! :)

message 8: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Colvin (colvinh) You are exactly right about Eponine! And who wouldn't want to die on stage? Ha. I definetely would. I love the songs that she sings to. I love on "In my Life" at the very end she comes in. :(

message 9: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 16 comments I know! and its so sad when Cosette and Marius are singing "A Heart Full of Love" and Eponine is singing in the background "every word that he says is a dagger in me". I love that trio!

message 10: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Colvin (colvinh) It's amazing! What's your favorite version? I like the 10th anniversary concert with Lea Salonga as Eponine and Michael Ball as Marius.

message 11: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 16 comments Yeah, i think thats my favorite too. Valjean is so incredible when he hits that super high note on Bring Him Home, its unbelievable!
So when i was eleven, i was in this play at my high school because my sister was Eponine so i played her as a little girl. I didn't say anything but i wore a cool dress and it was super fun!

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (beatlesgirl94) That's cool! I just did my first musical, Bye Bye Birdie. It was a blast!! Being a screaming hysterical fan girl is a ton of fun!

message 13: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Colvin (colvinh) Valjean in that version is INCREDIBLE!!!! I think that Ruthie Henshall does an amazing job to. That's awesome that you were "little Eponine". :)

message 14: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 16 comments Have you heard of, and if so do you guys enjoy the musical Miss Saigon?

message 15: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Colvin (colvinh) I really enjoy Miss Saigon. There are some songs that I disapprove of, but I realize to tell the story they ahve to have some of those "risque" songs. I think the story is amazing.

message 16: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 16 comments When i first listened to Miss Saigon i thought to myself "self, this sounds a lot like Les Miserables." Then i looked at who had composed it and it was the same people. Its funny how their style carries over into all they write!

message 17: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Colvin (colvinh) It does have a lot of the same musical qualities that Les Miserables has. Exactly! I love it when Lea Salonga sings " I'd give my life for you" It is so amazing.

message 18: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 16 comments That is incredible, i also love the ending of This is the Hour when Kim is singing "You will not touch him, don't touch my boy..." i LOVE that part!

message 19: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Colvin (colvinh) YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also love it when Kim and Ellen ( is that her name?) Sing together.

message 20: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 16 comments YEAH!! has anyone heard of the musical Secret Garden? Another person i would love to play in a musical is either Mary or Martha from Secret Garden.

message 21: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mkloempken) Right now, the roles I most want to be are Jo from Little Women and The Lady of the Lake from Spamalot. I was told once that I would make a good Lily from The Secret Garden...but I am not sure if I would want to play a ghost.

message 22: by David (new)

David S | 2 comments No question it would be Javert from Les Miserables

message 23: by Lillian (new)

Lillian | 3 comments I would most likely gave to say Mrs. Andrews from Mary Poppins! It would be awesome to be an evil nanny!

message 24: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (fiona64) I'm a contralto (and quite a lot older than most of you, I think). I would *love* to play Carlotta in "Phantom of the Opera." Talk about an opportunity to chew the scenery!

message 25: by ☺Caleb☻ (new)

☺Caleb☻ Sanders (killerkittyklaws) | 52 comments hello I'm Caleb and I love musicals YAAAAAAAAAY its too hard but I do think it would be cool to be sir Percy from the Scarlet Pimpernel has anyone heard it I love those songs....

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 153 comments If I could sing/act/speak audibly:
-Elisabeth from Elisabeth
-Mrs. Lovett from Sweeney Todd
-The Baker's Wife from Into the Woods
-Amy from Company

If only I could act...