Mary Renault discussion

Thanks for starting this group and inviting me

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna (annacampbell) | 1 comments Oh, I adored Mary Renault when I was at High School and a bit later. Haven't read her for years. Must drag out the old paperbacks. Adored The Last of the Wine. Remember crying my eyes out over that one. Actually they were all pretty tragic, now I remember them. Real emotional power! Thanks for inviting me to join.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I remember really enjoying The King Must Die in high school. I may not join in on the first few books we do as a group because I am getting so little read right now.

message 3: by Barbara (last edited Jan 18, 2009 06:16PM) (new)

Barbara (sema4dogz) | 35 comments Hi Theresa, Goodness, did you really read it in High School! I;m impressed- partly with you for understanding so young and partly with the amazing progressive high school for having a set book so full of dark sexuality and complex gender politics

message 4: by Djo (new)

Djo | 1 comments Hi everyone. I read Alexander years ago and then bought all the MR books I could find in secondhand bookshops. I can't remember which other ones I read. I'll have to try and find (in my vast and cluttered basement) and read them, in between reading Norah Lofts.

Thanks for inviting me Barbara, I wasn't going to join any more groups ...