Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Any chance of notifying moderators when a member starts a new topic?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy H. (last edited Jan 15, 2009 06:06PM) (new)

Joy H. (JoyofGlensFalls) | 438 comments Any chance of Goodreads notifying moderators when a member starts a new topic? It's embarrassing to find out I've inadvertently ignored a participating member.

I value my group members because they're the ones who make the group interesting.
IMO, if they're ignored, that sets a bad tone of indifference at the group.

message 2: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
If you are subscribed to your group digest you should be notified of any new comment or topic.

message 3: by Joy H. (new)

Joy H. (JoyofGlensFalls) | 438 comments IMO, the group digest is too much to wade through.

I get individual email notifications of individual posts at my group. However, I'm never notified about new topics started by members.

Rather than wade through the group digests (which I've tried), I'd rather just keep searching regularly for the unreads at my group.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments Joy, I do that with all my groups, especially the ones I moderate. Every time I'm at GR I check for unread messages. That's the easiest way for me.

message 5: by Joy H. (new)

Joy H. (JoyofGlensFalls) | 438 comments Yes, Lisa, but wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to keep checking? We can't be Johnny-on-the-Spot at the group we moderate. I depend on individual email notifications in order to catch all the posts as soon as possible.

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments Joy, Maybe it's not such a big deal for me because I'm on Goodreads so very often. ;-)

message 7: by Joy H. (new)

Joy H. (JoyofGlensFalls) | 438 comments I'm on Goodreads often too, Lisa. It would still be nice to be notified about new topics started by others in the group I moderate. Sometimes I'm busy with other things on my computer. I don't have time to keep checking.

message 8: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Joy - Ahh I understand. I think if you subscribe to all instant updates in your group you would get what you're looking for. But there isn't a way to subscribe to threads of your choice and all new threads. Its all threads or just ones of your choice. As Lisa said, you can always come back often to check.

message 9: by Joy H. (last edited Jan 19, 2009 06:00PM) (new)

Joy H. (JoyofGlensFalls) | 438 comments Yes, Otis, I do subscribe to instant updates and I do get all the notices EXCEPT the ones about new topics started by others in my group. That's the instant update I'd like to get by email. I just want to be told the new topic exists. Then I can subscribe to instant updates of it.

Oh well, guess I'll have to keep coming back often to check.

Thanks, Otis. You're doing a great job. I should stop asking for pie in the sky. LOL