European Royalty discussion

European Royalty Group Reads > The Kitchen Boy: Chapters 12 - End

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (SaraWEsq) | 2153 comments Please discuss chapters 12 through the end of the book here.

message 2: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Moody | 544 comments I'm midway through chapter 17 - the family just finished preparing to go to the cellar.
I am amazed at the amount of jewels and gold (a 200lb gold bracelet on the tsaritsa?!) that they carried on their bodies! It makes sense, of course, that they are worried about funding their life after escape, but it seems like such a risk to try to take all that along!
I'm dreading what's coming, but I can't wait to finish it. I'm going to finish it on the elliptical in just a bit.

message 3: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (SaraWEsq) | 2153 comments And how sad that they just finished packing and sewing in all those jewels right before being taken to the cellar!

message 4: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Moody | 544 comments Really - what a tragedy. The foreshadowing of the jewels being a bad thing for the family didn't prepare me for the horrible role they played in their deaths. I knew the general circumstances of their execution, but no real details. So sad.

I liked the ending, the way it came back around to Kate.
Really good book.